New World Trade Center

MurcieOne

The new design is a number of buildings..... just like the old WTC was. The new WTC will have more buildings. However, none of the new buildings will be as tall as the Twin Towers. The new design also incorporates a 1700+ foot spire which will, I believe, make the new WTC spire the tallest ever man-made object. What clinched this design is an all-glass garden at ground level that will cast no shadows every Sept 11th between the time when the first plane hit the first tower to the time the second tower fell. The new design also will incorporate a memorial dedicated to those that lost their lives on Sept. 11th. I read all of this information at CNN.com. You may still be able to access the winning design and specifications there.

I read about it in Sunday's USA Today and the CNN Tower in Toronto will still have the new World Trade Center spire beat by like 100 feet.

Good, leave one of Canada's claims to fame alone, lord knows there isn't that much up here. Hell I got 14in. of snow yesterday, so I drank some rye(good ol' employee appreciation night for the town free booze is sweet). I like the skiing but the CN Tower is our s***, you already took away our biggest mall leave our free standing structure alone!