Which Mark?

whitesox247

Which Mark would you rather take? Prior or Buerhle? It really bothers me that argubly we don't even clearly have the best Mark in Chitown.

As for me, I would take the proven MB over MP, though it would be a tough decision. Prior is still very much unproven, but we all know he has great potential. Also, an injury to any of them may turn real ugly and even end their career.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn I just realized I should have made this into a poll. Well so far we've got 2-1 in Buerhles favor.

I gotta go with Buerhle as well.....potential is worth s***....until you post some real numbers in the bigs...

it would be a pretty ballsy move for a GM to trade your allstar and arguably your #1 guy for a guy with a lot of potential.....nope, not me....even with the potential Prior's got...

I just looked up their records - MB has 39 wins in 3 seasons, Prior 6 wins in 1 season, and MB is a whole year older than Prior - so the so-called upside of Prior is what, exactly versus Burhrle? Is that some day Prior might win 19?

amazing how we disrespect our own and always think the grass is greenier (and better weed) elsewhere

WOW this is a contest?

OK if this is for next season, Buehrle, but for my rotation for the next 15 years, PRIOR EASY. C'mon guys, let's put our White Sox pride away for a second and think, you don't think KW would trade Buehrl fo Prior in a heartbeat and be all giddy? I'm talkin that they might rename the Cy Young award the Mark Prior award. This kid could be better than Maddox, Nolan Ryan, Pedro Martinez, ANYBODY. He's The Chosen One of baseball. ok as long as no Cub fans see me posting this, I'll be OK. :( :angry:

dudes, put down the crack pipes. Fantasy lives are fine in sex, but not in baseball.

Cy Young remaned the Mark Prior - the s*** is deep here indeed.

I bet he'll be out of baseball in 4 years with a rash on injuries.

And MB will be collecting Mark Priors, oh, I mean, Cy Youngs. like Maddux did.

How could anyone here take Prior over Buehrle, yes Prior has enormous potential, but Buehrle won 19 games last year, and can easily be a 20 game winner this year, what if Prior doesn't become a good pitcher like he could be, I can't believe anyone on this board would take Prior over Buehrle

People are believing the Jesus hype. Prior's potential might be something amaising but on the other hand, I've seen Prior pitch like s***, ummm us thumping him comes to mind. How can we speak so lightly of a 19 game winning pitcher? There have been some "the next one's" that have dissapeared, Burly already is the one? Like CW said, no hesitation, Prior may end up better, but to award him the gold metal before the race is unsettling.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Which Mark would you rather take? Prior or Buerhle? It really bothers me that argubly we don't even clearly have the best Mark in Chitown.

As for me, I would take the proven MB over MP, though it would be a tough decision. Prior is still very much unproven, but we all know he has great potential. Also, an injury to any of them may turn real ugly and even end their career.

hmm how can we not have the better mark in town.. when was the last time that the little savior boy won close to 19 games???? uh huh.... you being a sox fan have to even ask such a question like which mark would we rather have......ya know sometimes i worry about you......... :D

hmm how can we not have the better mark in town.. when was the last time that the little savior boy won close to 19 games???? uh huh.... you being a sox fan have to even ask such a question like which mark would we rather have......ya know sometimes i worry about you......... :D

Well Prior's stuff is just nasty, and give him a full season on the Sox, he'll GET his 19 wins. As for MB, how long do we expect him to put up these outstanding numbers?

And HSC...many MANY people are concerned about my sanity, including my parents :D

Guest hotsoxchick1

Well Prior's stuff is just nasty, and give him a full season on the Sox, he'll GET his 19 wins. As for MB, how long do we expect him to put up these outstanding numbers?

And HSC...many MANY people are concerned about my sanity, including my parents :D

you keep talking that prior s*** and im gonna be very concerned about it........... :D

Wow, i can't believe the bias that exists on this board.

While Buehrle is better right now, and has proven more, as early as this year, Prior could take the torch from him. He's got ungodly potential, and i know some of you don't like the word "potential", but we saw him prove he was worth the hype last year. I'd probly take Buehrle this year, but Prior of the course of his career. And concerning Buehrle and how he has "proven stuff"...3 years of good pitching doesn't prove a whole lot...he's still got a long way to go also. Mark Prior will win more cy youngs than mark buehrle for sure.

And concerning injury...there's a better chance Buehrle has injury problems this year than Prior in my opinion, Buehrle has been worked like a horse while Prior was shut down last year and will come back stronger than ever. And, most importantly, Prior has the most picture perfect, mechanically flawless motion i have ever seen, period. That will help him a lot down the road. He doesn't really exert a whole lot of unnecessary effort to get the ball to the plate.

I love the Sox as much as anyone here, but Prior will be a dominant pitcher for years to come, while Buehrle will be just a notch below.

Wow, i can't believe the bias that exists on this board.

While Buehrle is better right now, and has proven more, as early as this year, Prior could take the torch from him. He's got ungodly potential, and i know some of you don't like the word "potential", but we saw him prove he was worth the hype last year.  I'd probly take Buehrle this year, but Prior of the course of his career. And concerning Buehrle and how he has "proven stuff"...3 years of good pitching doesn't prove a whole lot...he's still got a long way to go also.  Mark Prior will win more cy youngs than mark buehrle for sure. 

And concerning injury...there's a better chance Buehrle has injury problems this year than Prior in my opinion, Buehrle has been worked like a horse while Prior was shut down last year and will come back stronger than ever. And, most importantly, Prior has the most picture perfect, mechanically flawless motion i have ever seen, period. That will help him a lot down the road. He doesn't really exert a whole lot of unnecessary effort to get the ball to the plate.

I love the Sox as much as anyone here, but Prior will be a dominant pitcher for years to come, while Buehrle will be just a notch below.

I wouldn't call it bias. Prior has a very good chance to become a very good major league pitcher. Buehrle is a very good major league pitcher. There is no reason to believe that Buehrle cannot continue to be a very good pitcher for years to come. Because he is a soft tosser/control type pitcher, he might even out last Prior over the long haul. Just saying that Mark Buehrle is a proven commodity and Mark Prior, at this point, is not.