Another Black eye

Controlled Chaos

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It happens every where. Upper decks and Lower decks, at the Cell and EVEN at WRIGLEY.....

In September 1995, a fan came out of the stands and went after Cubs reliever Randy Myers when he was on the mound, but the fan ended up getting the worst of it. Myers, the former Cincinnati Reds "Nasty Boy" and student of martial arts, smashed John Murray with a forearm, jumped on top of him and pinned him to the grass.

A game against the Colorado Rockies last May was delayed when fans, upset over an umpire's call, pelted the field with baseballs, bottles, coins and cups of beer. Colorado center fielder Darryl Hamilton said one fan threw a Jack Daniels bottle onto the field.

Seventy-five people were ejected, and the Cubs restricted beer sales and added security.

Dodgers catcher Chad Kreuter was in the bullpen Tuesday night when a fan hit him in the back of the head and stole his cap. Kreuter gave chase, his teammates followed, and soon there were a half-dozen or so Dodgers in the stands, trading punches with fans. The rest of the team stood watching at the first-base wall, a chest-high brick barrier that separates the bullpen from the fans.

The Cubs scored their lone run on Sammy Sosa's disputed homer in the bottom of the sixth. Unfortunately, the Pirates apparently answered with 2 runs of their own their half of the seventh frame. I say apparently, because I was too busy watching the drunken brawl in the row directly in front of me. The incident began innocently enough, with Drunk Guy head-butting all of his friends and spilling their beers. One of the friends took umbrage at the head-buttage (and, presumably, beer-spillage) and responded by shoving his inebriated companion down the stairs. After returning to his seat, Drunk Guy sat quietly for a minute before delivering his rejoinder -- in the form of a huge loogie hocked right in the middle of his buddy's face. The fist started flying at that point until the pugilists' pals broke things up and an usher arrived to eject Drunk Guy. By that time, Loogie-face had already made good his escape, not wanting to be carted off to the Wrigley Field pokey along with his co-combattant. Presumably, he also wanted to wash his face.

The latest phone chucking came at Wrigley Field, where drunken Cubs fans have grown tired of tossing home run balls back onto the field. In the eighth inning Thursday, some imbecile winged a cell phone instead and hit San Diego Padre Sean Burroughs in the foot.

Spoken like a true Sox talk ambassador...

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang

Heck I wasn't even trying to shill the site, as much as getting people away from the poison of Kotex-boy. Hell go to WSI even, I don't care, just quit listening to that worthless piece of garbage. I want all Sox fans to get the best and most accurate info out there, not lies and agendas.

Gee if Mariotti didn't talk about it, it wouldn't happen. Everyone just close your eyes and ears and it will be ok. Everybody loves each other at the ball park. Blame Mariotti, don't blame the jerks that started the fight and the others this season that preceeded it.

Gee if Mariotti didn't talk about it, it wouldn't happen. Everyone just close your eyes and ears and it will be ok. Everybody loves each other at the ball park. Blame Mariotti, don't blame the jerks that started the fight and the others this season that preceeded it.

Fine, as long as he gives equal disgust to what is inevitably going to happen Sunday night. Of course, that'll be ALL Sox fans fault then.

Get off of your soapbox Tex. This guy has an obvious agenda. Think about it, what are the odds of getting your ass kicked for saying the samething at a million other different places? Its not the neighborhood, its people. There are drunken idiots whereever you go. This could have happened at the Taste of Chicago, at the movies, at the beach... and probably is happening in some way, shape, or form whereever alcohol and idiots mix. Is he on the air saying how unsafe the Taste is? Hell I felt way more nervous walking around there, than I EVER had in Bridgeport. And if the neighborhood is so bad, why isn't Kotex-boy talking about feeling unsafe at Wrigley? After all their serious crime statisics are worse than Bridgeports pretty much across the board. Its because he has an agenda to fill up his phone lines, and sell that piece of s*** tabloid he writes for, and he knows that if he started writing about how dangerous Boystown was, people wouldn't want to hear it. Facts be damned, as long as the soundbyte sounds good. People don't buy what they don't believe.

Jay Mariotti is a low life with no backbone or thoughts of his own. Period.

Fine, as long as he gives equal disgust to what is inevitably going to happen Sunday night. Of course, that'll be ALL Sox fans fault then.

A man and his wife were beat up at the ball park while their kids watch and everyone here only cares about Mariotti and how it looks for Sox fans.

How would you feel watching three people beat up your parents? Or having your kids watch as someone is beating you up?

Who the f*** cares what happens at Wrigley.

Y'all disgust me. Not one f***ing word about the kids or the people beaten up. Only that Mariotti is picking on US Cellular.

A man and his wife were beat up at the ball park while their kids watch and everyone here only cares about Mariotti and how it looks for Sox fans.

How would you feel watching three people beat up your parents? Or having your kids watch as someone is beating you up?

Y'all disgust me. Not one f***ing word about the kids or the people beaten up. Only that Mariotti is picking on US Cellular.

The wife shouldn't have gotten into it - she should have been more concerned with her children.

It was an event that shouldn't have happened, but the cop should have gotten security first (since there was one of him and two of them).

I have one question, did Mariotti cover the Wrigley shooting with as much zeal? I honestly don't know because I like me ears (or eyes for that matter) and therefore wouldn't subject them to his show.

The wife shouldn't have gotten into it - she should have been more concerned with her children.

It was an event that shouldn't have happened, but the cop should have gotten security first (since there was one of him and two of them).

I have one question, did Mariotti cover the Wrigley shooting with as much zeal?  I honestly don't know because I like me ears (or eyes for that matter) and therefore wouldn't subject them to his show.

Queen, would you stand by and watch three people beat up Brain without tying to help?

Hey Mariotti, you cannot report any more Cell crimes until you report one at Wrigley.

This is more than a moral kick. Why aren't we talking about the genocide in Africa that is happening right now? Why aren't we talking about beheadings? Why aren't we talking about anywhere else in Chicago where someone got beat up for saying the wrong thing? Because Kotex-boy picked this particular topic. He could have been talking about a bunch of other things, and why is that? Because of his agenda. He is trying to get ratings and sell newspapers, and he knows that this works. In a Cubs town, no one cares about Freddy Garcia and Maggio Ordonez, but they can sure go for somemore selective reporting paints Sox fans as soccer hooligans. It is completely obvious that is the only reason this is brought up. Do you blindly believe and accept everything Moore and Limbaugh say? I would hope not, because this guy is as much of a liar and manipulator as those two.

Queen, would you stand by and watch three people beat up Brain without tying to help?

Hey Mariotti, you cannot report any more Cell crimes until you report one at Wrigley.

I'd run for security or dial 911 - always carry my cell. I know I have no abilities to fight (I'd be knocked out in a second).

But, we also don't have kids yet. Kids can't defend themselves, she should have been more worried about them, unless someone was already watching them (if an aunt, uncle, friend, etc was there with them).

BTW - I do think a murder is worse than someone getting their ass kicked and should have just as much coverage. But that is just MHO. As I said, it was a question because I don't listen to him.

Maybe some people here need a moral compass.

Adios.

And maybe you need to read a little better. I did say "to bad for their kids". :bang

And maybe you need to be a little more careful when lumping people and their opinions together. :nono

Maybe some people here need a moral compass.

Adios.

Wow, that's a high horse riding off....

Let me just say that I feel for everyone involved....the family of course, but even the poor delusional mother of the brain-dead brothers....the poor workers at the local hoosegow, who now have to watch over two more miscreants....the usher who was racially epithetted - NO ONE has spoken up for the usher.....the security team who undoubtedly took some verbal and physical blows as well in their attempt to clear the area and end this altercation.....the beer vendors who are going to take a verbal BEATING for "overserving" these cementheads....the Indian fans who were on the recieving end of these imbeciles' original expletive-filled rant......and finally, I feel for a society that can CREATE this type of angry, disfunctional, racially hate-filled, violent, awful creatures.....for WE as a society ultimately pay the price for the actions of these individuals.....we feel less safe in our surroundings, we must shield our children from the words and actions of these people, we must think and re-think the mere idea of a peaceful night out at a baseball game because people like these two dopes are EVERYWHERE, just waiting to ruin what SHOULD be a peaceful and enjoyable family experience. God help us all - or if you're an atheist, Nothing help us all....

My moral compass is now spinning out of control.

Arrivaderci....

Tex will be clean for at leat 20 years with the amount of soap in that GIANT soapbox he's been standing on...

Don't worry about Mariotti...

He'll say the Cell is not safe for people for a week and then the following week complain that no one goes there to see their team...

Damn, i'm sorry i even mentioned Mariotti. I never listen to him, and as i was flipping i caught word of this story which i didn't know about before.

Mariotti is a dope, ya, but you can't brush this off at the same time.

I don't think anyone is happy this happened, i don't want any parents to be beat up in front of their kids. That's just horrible.

I think this is just another 'isolated incident' that happened to take place again at U.S. Cellular, and Mariotti wants to hit on it for a while. It needs to be talked about. But to what extent?

I have been involved in incidents like this where drunken idiots were swearing HARDCORE in front of my son. I ask them to stop once to be polite...the second time, I'll tell them I will contact the ever-present security. Third time I do.

I am not talking about "Damn"s and even the occasional "s***".

I'm talking x-rated dialouge, f-bombs every other word...

I would not engage in a fight with them, unless they physically attacked me first.

God forbid if my Wife jumped in, they'd be in the hospital...

Anyway...use common sense and the police Uncle Jerry provides...

Thats what I do...and carry gum, cause smoking stinks!

:D

this is just like last year where that one guy ran on the field and attacked the ump...... it was later reported his girlfriend said she had no idea why he was there because he was the biggest cub fan ever.... but mariotti never decided to mention that...

Also i didnt hear about this because I stopped listening to AM 1000 when 1 guy started talking about how he was late because his dog needed to take a crap and then spent like an hour on the hockey draft

this is just like last year where that one guy ran on the field and attacked the ump...... it was later reported his girlfriend said she had no idea why he was there because he was the biggest cub fan ever.... but mariotti never decided to mention that...

Also i didnt hear about this because I stopped listening to AM 1000 when 1 guy started talking about how he was late because his dog needed to take a crap and then spent like an hour on the hockey draft

But it happened at the Cell.