carlos lee

baggio202

i swear to god its pathetic he hit the game winning shot and all of you are b****ing about him..... hey unless he fuks up again and gets out at 2nd just think of it as a fluke that can happen to anyone..... because its not just carlos who stops to look at his shot tons of players do that

that wasnt the first time carlos' lackadasical attitude has cost the sox..remember earlier in the year he is leading off of 2nd base and after the pitch the catcher throws back to 2nd and carlos didnt even see it..he is standing the same spot of his secondary lead while the 2nd baseman has the ball..

this kind of stuff is pretty much common place with carlos..and its not like his homer went 20 rows deep...it barely cleared the wall...if ford brought that ball back into play there is a good chance carlos would have been thrown out at 2nd again

waiting until carlos screws up again and gets thrown out at 2nd is kinda counterproductive dont you think??...i hope ozzie says something to him...

for you guys that thinks its cool to stand at home plate and admire a homer while it falls into the 1st or 2nd row of the bleachers , if we lose the division by one game , remember tony's post...carlos already cost us once this year

And if we win by one game lets all remember the game winning 2 run HR he hit and admired...

quit your b****ing people... :rolleyes:

for you guys that thinks its cool to stand at home plate and admire a homer while it falls into the 1st or 2nd row of the bleachers , if we lose the division by one game , remember tony's post...carlos already cost us once this year

Yeah, but Botch cost us a lot more than that.

So did KW trying to have a 5th starter in Danny Wright, or was it Jon Rauch, or was it Felix Diaz..........instead of getting Garcia up front.

I've been a Carlos Lee backer since I came to this board. Even through the lawn ornament days.

However, I agree with Baggio. Put your head down and run until you see the umpire signalling HR. That's not all that difficult to do.

If you're okay with C-Lee standing there admiring it when it DOES go over the wall, then NO complaining from you when he gets thrown out at 2nd cuz he admired one that didn't clear the wall, and NO complaining from you when he has to stay at first on the same kind of hit instead of reaching 2nd or 3rd by running hard on contact.

For all the whining in the past from Sox fans about this team not doing the little things correctly, it's hard to fathom the lackadaisical attitude about Lee doing the same stupid s*** over and over.

I am NOT discounting the fact that he has improved his game tremendously, especially on defense, but this homer hotdogging is one of the brain cramps he still has on a regular basis. I guess I should just expect it from him and forget it, but it doesn't seem that difficult to me - hit the ball, run hard, see the twirling finger from the ump, run less hard....simple stuff.

If you're okay with C-Lee standing there admiring it when it DOES go over the wall, then NO complaining from you when he gets thrown out at 2nd cuz he admired one that didn't clear the wall, and NO complaining from you when he has to stay at first on the same kind of hit instead of reaching 2nd or 3rd by running hard on contact.

For all the whining in the past from Sox fans about this team not doing the little things correctly, it's hard to fathom the lackadaisical attitude about Lee doing the same stupid s*** over and over.

I am NOT discounting the fact that he has improved his game tremendously, especially on defense, but this homer hotdogging is one of the brain cramps he still has on a regular basis. I guess I should just expect it from him and forget it, but it doesn't seem that difficult to me - hit the ball, run hard, see the twirling finger from the ump, run less hard....simple stuff.

:notworthy

Any of you "baseball purists" out there should be sickened by "hot dogging". PERIOD. This is a game that's meant to be played hard, not just admiring yourself. That's why I can't stand Berroids or ShamME. Damn egos. And I really don't want to think of Carlos that way, but frankly, he is, and not near as good.

HE MAY NOT BE THE BRIGHTEST GUY IN THE LEAGUE BUT LETS TAKE IT DOWN A NOTCH. HE'S ONE OF OUR MAIN GUYS AND WE DONT NEED TO BE  BASHING HIM FOR MINOR THINGS.

It's not a minor thing.

A "minor-league" thing, maybe, but not a minor thing.

If I had a dollar for every time Ozzie talked about "playeeen dee gain dee rye wayeeeee", I'd have 86 dollars.

Yet his starting left fielder still gets picked off bases too often and strikes the Homer Pose after ALREADY getting burned by it THIS SEASON.

It's a mental thing, an attitude thing, and it's dangerous to let it go unaddressed.

As one of our main guys, I think it's MORE important that he "gets it".

Big games are won by little things.

carlos hasnt been picked off why he has been on base since that 2nd base thing but hey it happens and then ozzie actually supported him after he got out at 2nd when he thought he had a HR so if ozzie is backing him i think you guys can lay off his ass a little... go rip shoe all you want