calling out Magglio Ordonez

RNemz43

You know, Magglio ain't going no where. KW wouldn't be talking to him at the park hanging out. I think its sad that you people don't think we'll dish out the money to him. JR will pay, you just watch. You want a pennant, or for that matter, a division...hell, even the promised land? You re-sign Magglio f***ing Ordonez. He, contrary to many other beliefs is the heart and soul of this team. You trade him, (that ATL deal isn't happening) your stuck with Perez, Borchard and Gload in RF. :puke

I would be shocked if they deal him. They need that stick. It would look terrible if you trade your best hitter during a playoff run, unless you get someone like Randy Johnson(which wouldn't make sense, why would they want a rent a player when they are in last?). I don't think the talks are necessarily DONE, and even if they are for the season, they can talk in the offseason. If they make a playoff run, I wouldn't be surprised if they settled things. Reinsdorf seems to spend money when they find someone that will help the team. They signed Albert Belle and made him one of the highest paid players in baseball. They offered Colon a sizeable deal, Moreno just coughed up a little bit more. Even if he hits free agency, I don't think he is necessarily gone(unless they piss him off between now and then). I doubt that he will get Vlad money, and it seems like a lot of teams are trying to sign shorter deals, especially for older players and pitchers. I would not be surprised if the biggest offer he gets is 4 years $48 mil. I got a feeling that Maggs and Nomar are going to be pretty upset this offseason when they don't get $15 mil a year. Vladimir Guerrero, one of the best hitters in baseball, only got an offer in that neighborhood from two teams. What hope do these two guys have?

You think Maggs would be greatful after we MADE him, but I guess he's just another sellout that would prefer to have a few more rooms in his house rather than play for us.

I wouldn't go that far, I just think he wants to go to a team like Boston or NY that he feels will be a perennial contender or a team like the Mets who will throw insane money at him that he doesn't deserve. He's not one of the top 15 offensive players in baseball in my opinion and certainly doesn't merit the $ signs that are clouding his vision.

I wouldn't go that far, I just think he wants to go to a team like Boston or NY that he feels will be a perennial contender or a team like the Mets who will throw insane money at him that he doesn't deserve.  He's not one of the top 15 offensive players in baseball in my opinion and certainly doesn't merit the $ signs that are clouding his vision.

I don't see him going to the Yanks. Who plays CF? Mags, Matsui, or Sheff?

I don't see him going to the Yanks.  Who plays CF?  Mags, Matsui, or Sheff?

I don't think he will either, but you never know with them, if they don't win this year, George could want Maggs, you just never know with them.

Why would the Yankees sign Mags, play him in left and move Matsui to center when they could spend a little more and put Beltran there? Doesn't make much sense, does it? More likely he would go to the Padres, Mets, Dodgers, Orioles or Cubs, but I highly doubt any of those teams are going to shell out $15 mil for anyone. That would put the Dodgers(who need to resign Perez bad), Mets(need a lot of help, could keep Hidalgo), and Cubs(have a lot of other players they need to pay in the near future) over the luxary tax, which is an evil and ominous term outside of the Bronx. The Padres and Orioles would still be under, but they would be much more likely to spend on pitching. The Padres have a bunch of money invested in Giles, Nevin, and Klesko, and still have Nady. Not all of them can play in the outfield. The Orioles also need a pitcher, and signed heavily backloaded deals. Think about this, Tejada signed a 6 year deal for an average of $12 mil a year, but is making less than $5 mil this year. Ouch!

I would be shocked if they deal him. They need that stick. It would look terrible if you trade your best hitter during a playoff run, unless you get someone like Randy Johnson(which wouldn't make sense, why would they want a rent a player when they are in last?)

If you really analyze this team, does anyone really think that it is a World Series contender? A team that could win a playoff series?

No f-ing way. This team is the same mediocre team with a bunch of guys who are good ball players but have little heart. They win 5 in a row and then lose 4. This is typical of the last 4 years or so. That's why the Twins will be laughing in our face again at the end of the year - because, once again, we go out and give away prospects and end up in 2nd place to a team with perhaps less talent but more heart and a passion to win.

If we can't win the pennant this year, - and I believe we can't - trade Magglio by the deadline for some players for next year.

The Twins will definitely not be laughing at us at the end of the year. They are ahead of us by 1 1/2 games, despite the fact that they have played the 29th strongest schedule in the league. And we have won 6 of the last 7 against them. If you can look at their second half schedule and honestly say that they will come out of that ahead of us, I gotta question your baseball knowledge and faith as a Sox fan. Even without Magglio, we are scoring more runs. Our rotation is quite a bit deeper. Outside of Santana(who is great) and Radke(good, but not against some of the better hitting teams) their rotation is getting shelled. They see an awful lot of playoff teams in the second half, while we see virtually nothing but Detroit, KC, and Cleveland. This is the toughest part of our schedule, and we are still not that far out. We'll be just fine.

The Twins will definitely not be laughing at us at the end of the year. They are ahead of us by 1 1/2 games, despite the fact that they have played the 29th strongest schedule in the league. And we have won 6 of the last 7 against them. If you can look at their second half schedule and honestly say that they will come out of that ahead of us, I gotta question your baseball knowledge and faith as a Sox fan.

remember though the twins had 4 or 5 guys on the DL..isnt shannon stewart due back soon??..or maybe he uis already back..last year he was huge for them down the stretch...for whatever reason , that team knows how to overachieve...they wont just go away and die..we are gonna have to beat them

The Twins will definitely not be laughing at us at the end of the year. They are ahead of us by 1 1/2 games, despite the fact that they have played the 29th strongest schedule in the league. And we have won 6 of the last 7 against them. If you can look at their second half schedule and honestly say that they will come out of that ahead of us, I gotta question your baseball knowledge and faith as a Sox fan. Even without Magglio, we are scoring more runs. Our rotation is quite a bit deeper. Outside of Santana(who is great) and Radke(good, but not against some of the better hitting teams) their rotation is getting shelled. They see an awful lot of playoff teams in the second half, while we see virtually nothing but Detroit, KC, and Cleveland. This is the toughest part of our schedule, and we are still not that far out. We'll be just fine.

Sounds alot like what I heard last year - and the Twins ended up laughing at us. Don't be surprised if the Tigers and Indians kick our ass. :nono

If you really analyze this team, does anyone really think that it is a World Series contender?  A team that could win a playoff series?

No f-ing way.  This team is the same mediocre team with a bunch of guys who are good ball players but have little heart.  They win 5 in a row and then lose 4.  This is typical of the last 4 years or so.  That's why the Twins will be laughing in our face again at the end of the year - because, once again, we go out and give away prospects and end up in 2nd place to a team with perhaps less talent but more heart and a passion to win.

If we can't win the pennant this year, - and I believe we can't - trade Magglio by the deadline for some players for next year.

Oh no! We lost four in a row! The sky is falling! Ahh! Someone, hide me! The sky is falling!

Thanks for providing the comic relief, OTAD. I needed a good laugh. :lol:

Even if we can take the division from the Twins, as it stands right now, we will do nothing in the playoffs. Any decent RHP having a fairly good night can shut this team down. Against playoff caliber pitchers, this team cannot consistently win.

Sounds alot like what I heard last year - and the Twins ended up laughing at us.  Don't be surprised if the Tigers and Indians kick our ass. :nono

Airedale, I mean, I guess there's no reason you should pay any attention to this team anymore. I mean - they're done, they're toast. You predicted it so it will definitely come true. No point in even following this team anymore, you know, they aren't going to win the division. You yourself said so, so, I guess bye bye to you...

Oh no!  We lost four in a row!  The sky is falling!  Ahh!  Someone, hide me!  The sky is falling!

Thanks for providing the comic relief, OTAD.  I needed a good laugh.  :lol:

OK, I'm glad I'm providing some comic relief. We'll see who's right in the end.

It's not losing 4 in a row by itself that bothers me. It's the Sox track record over the last few years and the continuation of that medocrity this year. They can't break away from the Twins no matter what they do and the front office is so f***ed up that I can't envision any way they make the right moves to fix it.

Anybody take a look at the way Aaron Miles is playing? I'm starting to think we should add that to the Ritchie, Foulke and Magglio debacles.

Even if we can take the division from the Twins, as it stands right now, we will do nothing in the playoffs.  Any decent RHP having a fairly good night can shut this team down.  Against playoff caliber pitchers, this team cannot consistently win.

Yeah - we need a lefty bat. I like JD Drew a lot. If Kenny could pull of a deal that would get us JD Drew (probably would have to give up Maggs). But that's probably a pipe dream...