Carlos Lee Trade?

Rex Hudler

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else read how the Orioles offered Sidney Ponson for Magglio Ordonez? Are you kidding me? I don't want Ponson, he was supposed to a phenom but hasn't reached s*** for potential, there's no way i give up Lee for him, we don't need another #3 or #4 pitcher

I hope we do do it.....Carlos is an unnecessary hitter for the team right now....he's right handed, he's never hit more than 30 homers(when he has supposedly been the next Manny Ramirez or something like that), he's terribly defensively, he has no arm, he's a dumbass on the basepaths, and he has done some questionable things in the clubhouse in the past(though it wasn't necessarily wrong).

I would take Ponson, and however much he makes, put him on waivers if he isn't good enough to make the team, and if he isn't claimed, then we send him down to AAA...if he is....yippee. We'd also have to get a few prospects in the deal(like a stud in their system) along with a couple sleeper-types(ie Neal Cotts from Oakland).

We then would have atleast one more lefty bat in the lineup, one more roster spot, better defense, and better team baserunning....and possibly more as well. I don't care if Carlos would put up a .310 35 120 season in Baltimore.....we would be better as a team by just getting rid of him.

Carlos isn't going anywhere, he's one of KW's boys...

good he shouldn't be goin anywhere every year he has improved. he might be making the all star team this year.

he has not improved every year...in fact...he has done the exact opposite every year until the all star break last season...even though he hit a career high 26 homers and had a career high in OBP he had a career low in doubles(26 - thats 8 less than '01) and a career low in RBI and batting average....not to mention last year was by far his worst in base running and he took a big step backwards defensively from '01..

every year he has gotten worse not better...in '00 there were huge debates over who was better ..konerko or lee...we dont have those debates anymore...konerko is a player that has improved every year...carlos has treaded water at best....

in '00 24 - 92 - 301

in '01, 24 - 84 - 269

in '02, 26 - 80 - 264

how can anyone say carlos has improved every year????

I say we hold onto Carlos for now and hope he does well in case we need to trade someone around the deadline.... trading him now would make absolutely zero sense especially with the crap the O's have to offer :fyou thats for them and their horrible team because we have Maggs and CLee for now :headbang

Lee does NOT need to be traded. We are in dire need of someone who can get tons of walks. And I believe that this year, his numbers are gonna skyrocket from his career totals. While another pitcher may be helpful, Ponson isn't really what I would consider a dependable pitcher. He's got power pitches, but he's not what we need right now.

,This may sound stupid. But I really don't want Griffey.

I'd rather have Lee than Griffey.

Griffey is one of the things wrong with baseball.

Total primma donna.

:headbang I've said it before, Griffey is a little b**** and we don't need any b****'s on this team...

Lee does NOT need to be traded. We are in dire need of someone who can get tons of walks. And I believe that this year, his numbers are gonna skyrocket from his career totals. While another pitcher may be helpful, Ponson isn't really what I would consider a dependable pitcher. He's got power pitches, but he's not what we need right now.

We are not in dire need of a guy that gets a lot of walks.....we have a guy in Thomas that even in a bad year will draw 100+ walks....and sometimes over 120 walks. Maggs will draw 60-80, Konerko will draw 30-50, Jimenez will draw probably 50-70 or somewhere in that range, Valentin 50, Rowand 40-50, Crede 30-40, Olivo 30-40....and then the bench will probably draw 150+. And with the way this team could potentially hit....we don't need to make our OBP any bigger(not that a big OBP is a bad thing). What we are in dire need of is some good head management....we could use a much better GM and a much better manager....but no team can be perfect.

What year's HASN'T Carlos been on pace to have a career year? Carlos is expendable....and I hope we trade him.

Glad to see KW has no intrest in trading him... i would rather they trade KONG first. I want a STUD defensive 1Bman... a guy like Olreud.

i would not want olreud on this team that hard hat would annoy the f*** out of me. not only that he doesnt hit for power. and he is in the high 30's why would u trade a uper 20 year old for a upper 30 year old???

I said i want a guy LIKE olreud... not olreud himself. Defensive first basemen are WAY underrated... remember that GREAT defensive team the mets had a few years back.. Once olreud left, the D fell apart.

Why do we want to trade Cub killer Lee?

KW appears to have made some smart moves and it looks like we have a contender.

We need more than 3 dependable outfielders anyway.

Let's keep what we have right now and if we are contenders add a pitcher at the all star break by

trading lousy prospects for a stud pitcher.

I can attribute all of these "trade Lee" ideas to SNR and their "Homey the Clown" shinanigans!!! :nono

I try to explain to RPS and Guido the benefits of having a CubKilla like CLee on the team and then his dumbass gets picked off at 3rd with less than 2 outs right after my pro-Caballo spiel. CLee doesn't make it easy on us Heather ;)

I can attribute all of these "trade Lee" ideas to SNR and their "Homey the Clown" shinanigans!!! :nono

I try to explain to RPS and Guido the benefits of having a CubKilla like CLee on the team and then his dumbass gets picked off at 3rd with less than 2 outs right after my pro-Caballo spiel. CLee doesn't make it easy on us Heather ;)

Last time I checked....the last time we played the Cubs in the regular season....Thomas hit one in that series against Boy Wonder that hasn't landed yet.

Lee ain't the only Cub killer on the Sox.

Total primma donna.

not stupid at all

I am with you 100% on this.

griffey hit 3 home runs today..he ,like frank, spent the entire off season working his ass off...he is in store for a big year imo..if you look at what this team needs in the outfield and line up..left handed power hitting right in the middle and a proven top defensive CF to make up for lee ..griffey is a perfect fit..

lee for griffey..if cincy was that stupid i would personally put carlos lee on my back and carry him to cincy to finalize that deal :D

Total primma donna.

not stupid at all

I am with you 100% on this.

griffey hit 3 home runs today..he ,like frank, spent the entire off season working his ass off...he is in store for a big year imo..if you look at what this team needs in the outfield and line up..left handed power hitting right in the middle and a proven top defensive CF to make up for lee ..griffey is a perfect fit..

lee for griffey..if cincy was that stupid i would personally put carlos lee on my back and carry him to cincy to finalize that deal :D

Before you make any bets, baggio, are you sure you can handle that? ;)

if you look at what this team needs in the outfield and line up..left handed power hitting right in the middle and a proven top defensive CF to make up for lee ..griffey is a perfect fit..

I agree that we could use a left-handed presence like the great Ken Griffey Jr. However, I think the Sox could definitely spend that money (he makes around $15M a year I believe) more wisely. I'd rather see us spend $15M on pitching (either to sign Colon/Buehrle to long-term deals) -- this team should have enough offense.

if you look at what this team needs in the outfield and line up..left handed power hitting right in the middle and a proven top defensive CF to make up for lee ..griffey is a perfect fit..

I agree that we could use a left-handed presence like the great Ken Griffey Jr. However, I think the Sox could definitely spend that money (he makes around $15M a year I believe) more wisely. I'd rather see us spend $15M on pitching (either to sign Colon/Buehrle to long-term deals) -- this team should have enough offense.

If we get a healthy Griffey, wow, Griffey Thomas Ordonez Konerko. That would probably be the best 4 right there. But I wouldn't take my chances with Griffey, he is way too risky. I agree clujer, we should spend our money on signing guys like Buerhle to long term deals.

Is it Jason that really likes Ponson, I wonder what he thinks on that rumour?

Yep, I have always liked the idea of Ponson. However, I don't like giving up Lee straight up because right now we have nothing proven to add on offensively. Borchard isn't ready from what I saw of him. He's definately made some improvements but he now needs to work on them in the minors for a couple of months.

Now if the Sox could find a way to bring in another outfielder or something, then I definately would be for it, especially now that I have concern over Wright's health.

[However, I don't like giving up Lee straight up because right now we have nothing proven to add on offensively.  Borchard isn't ready from what I saw of him.  He's definately made some improvements but he now needs to work on them in the minors for a couple of months.

Very true. The only other guy the Sox really have is Rios. Having Rios in the outfield for about 2 months until Borchard is ready for the Majors. That would scare me a lot. I think the Sox are sitting very pretty with Lee in left for now.