Esteban Loaiza

DBAHO

Who would you pay more in the Off-season... Loaiza or Lowe???  Both are going to be due big paydays, whether they deserve it or not.

Loaiza over Lowe, but I don't think E Lo is being realistic. Look at Colon and Ponson, et al, that were big names and fizzled when paid a billion bucks to throw a baseball.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a conspiracy theory for you.

End of season Loiaza is an FA, Yanks need pitching, remember the All-star game when Torre picked him over Buerhle who is signed for 3 years??????????

:huh

I'm pretty sure Loaiza was a player vote pick. Besides, he's more of a guy that a small market team that is desperate would sign. Yankees would probably go after Radke, Pavano, Perez, Ortiz, or Clement if he was there.

"Them signing him is a big break for me," Loaiza said. "Every year, when (Garcia's) contract has been up, my contract's up. I'd let him sign first in the winter, then I'd sign, because it's normally the same range of numbers.

"Now, with my two years of All-Star (invitations), being a 20-game winner last year and hopefully I get 18 (wins) this year, there will probably be more money for me."

I just threw up in my mouth. And it wasn't a little.

So....E-Lo...you're looking into 3/30 then, are you not?

Any word on when Mr. 92-94 mph Fastball will be making an appearance?