Milton

IlliniKrush

As much as I hate to say any player get injured, It will only make it easier for our White Sox to be assostiated with October baseball. Although, Johan Santana did pretty well last season when he appeared for the Twin's. Santana is good, but the loss of Milton will make it even harder fot the Twin's to be big contender's again this year.

As much as I hate to say any player get injured, It will only make it easier for our White Sox to be assostiated with October baseball. Although, Johan Santana did pretty well last season when he appeared for the Twin's. Santana is good, but the loss of Milton will make it even harder fot the Twin's to be big contender's again this year.

What this does is make their pen weaker........... which was their greatest strength last year...... so yeah this is a good thing.

"I know we'll be in first place by the time I get back and I just want to be able to help the club as soon as I can,'' Milton said. "I'm not out of the mix for this year.''

What a pompass asshole.

That needs to go up in the Sox clubhouse and when we pound their ass, he'll be eating that quote.

I don't worry whether it is "good" for us or not -

never try and pick your opponents or their roster for it may come back and bite you in the ass -

we play who we play and injuries are a part of the game and whoever is out there, our job is to beat them.

I don't worry whether it is "good" for us or not -

never try and pick your opponents or their roster for it may come back and bite you in the ass -

we play who we play and injuries are a part of the game and whoever is out there, our job is to beat them.

Yes things in life happen and we should mind our own business. It's our nature as Sox fans to enjoy seeing the sCrubs and Twins get their asses kicked. We're not trying to pick on them for their injuries, but we might as well get the best out of it.

"I know we'll be in first place by the time I get back and I just want to be able to help the club as soon as I can,'' Milton said. "I'm not out of the mix for this year.''

What a pompass asshole.

That needs to go up in the Sox clubhouse and when we pound their ass, he'll be eating that quote.

No offense intended, man, but what exactly is he supposed to say?

"I know the loss of ME is going to spell certain doom for my teammates, and I just hope they can stay within 20 games out of first, so I can work my magic when I come back"???

Fact is, Milton said what ANY team would want their players to say when they can't contribute. If a Sox player went down, this kind of quote would be applauded here as "showing confidence in our team".

Let's not be blinded by team loyalty - Milton didn't say anything pompous there.

Their bullpen now has Romero, Hawkins, Guardado, Fiore and probably Fetters in it with some other no-name(maybe like Juan Rincon or Jose Rodriguez).

The Twinkies are in some real deep s***.....almost as though they have no shot

Whoa man, lets not get too crazy here. A loss of one pitcher won't kill a team. Especially a team with the kind of heart the Twins have (I didn't like saying it but it's true).

A loss of one pitcher won't kill a team.  Especially a team with the kind of heart the Twins have (I didn't like saying it but it's true).

True..... but the 2000 White Sox had "heart" and the 2001 Indians had "heart." A winner always has heart. A winner also has alot of other intangibles going their way. We'll see how much "heart" the Twins have if they have an injury plague similar to the White Sox in 2001. I don't wish for this though. I want the Sox to reclaim the AL Central from a healthy Twins team. After all, the "injury excuse" usually has alot more validity than a "schedule excuse" or a "weather during game play excuse."

Their bullpen now has Romero, Hawkins, Guardado, Fiore and probably Fetters in it with some other no-name(maybe like Juan Rincon or Jose Rodriguez).

The Twinkies are in some real deep s***.....almost as though they have no shot

Whoa man, lets not get too crazy here. A loss of one pitcher won't kill a team. Especially a team with the kind of heart the Twins have (I didn't like saying it but it's true).

I'm not talking about just losing Milton....with the way we improved our team this offseason, I already felt the division was all but won....though I hadn't entirely ruined out the Twins. They replaced Jackson with Fetters(and coincidentally, I believe Arizona signed Mike Jackson....so the Twins and DBacks basically traded Jackson and Fetters)...and I don't expect either Guardado or Hawkins to have the success they had last year....Guardado seemed to get real lucky a couple times....he'd either get a nice defensive play or he'd get a bad hitter up at the right time or something like that. And you can't ignore Hawkins near 2.00 WHIP and his 5.97 ERA in 2001....and then when he improves those numbers to about a 1.20 WHIP and a 2.30 ERA....I don't know of any guy, other than a very young pitcher, making that kind of a change. And Hawkins isn't a young guy like that. He might be a late-bloomer...but I wouldn't count on it.

Their starting rotation is better because Santana is moved to the rotation....and that's where the positive ends. Losing players to the DL always hurts teams emotionally....because it isn't the same, and you never want to see your players go down with injuries. Because they lose an incredibly talented pitcher in Santana to the rotation, their bullpen will suffer....because Jose Rodriguez isn't that good, and Juan Rincon isn't that good. And even some players in their everyday lineup are coming off careers years....AJ Pierzynski, Jacque Jones, Dustan Mohr...and that's about it.

Playing with heart can get you a lot....but it can't get you everything.

The Sox are younger, better, and will play with heart....they have improved coaching this year than in years's past, they will have better team chemistry, their starting ptiching is imroved, their bullpen is improved, the lineup is improved, the bench is improved.....everything is much improved when compared to last year's opening day roster.

As I said....the Twinkies are in some real deep s***....almost as though they have no shot.

and I don't expect either Guardado or Hawkins to have the success they had last year....Guardado seemed to get real lucky a couple times....he'd either get a nice defensive play or he'd get a bad hitter up at the right time or something like that.

Guardado had a career year last year. No way he replicates that this year. And the good thing about Santana moving to the rotation is that he will only pitch every 5 days. Very much in agreement witesoxfan that while adding Santana to the starting rotation strengthens it, adding Santana to the starting rotation weakens the bullpen.