Mauer goin on DL

I am one of the first ones to always say that it sucks when young players start up with inuries, cause it is, it sucks seeing wasted talent, BUT, this is the ONE case im not all that sad, just based on the fact he is a Twin.

Same here. I never cheer/root for anyone to get injured, but I'm glad that we won't have to see Mauer in that series in a week or so. After Mauer, they don't have much catching depth, so I'll look forward to our players having a field day running on Lecroy.

I hope he doesnt turn into the next JD Drew. (Unlimited star potential but career has nagging injuries) He should be up there with Olivo as the best young catchers in MLB in the next 3-4 years.

Olivo isn't even in the same class as Joe Mauer.

Mauer will be a great, great player, end of story.

Olivo isn't even in the same class as Joe Mauer.

Mauer will be a great, great player, end of story.

I agree. After watching Joe this year, he is hands down the best young catcher, if not best young player in the game today. Olivo has taken time to develop and I don't think he will amount to anything more than an average to above average catcher while Mauer will be a perenial All-Star.

I hope he doesnt turn into the next JD Drew. (Unlimited star potential but career has nagging injuries) He should be up there with Olivo as the best young catchers in MLB in the next 3-4 years.

with Olivo? I think there is a lot more than that. How about Victor Martinez for one?