Wrigley Unsafe?

I have said this several times. Listen, i have no problem with the view of the stadium. Yes, it is "cute and cuddly" but the rest of the stadium is pure crap! I say they take one year, come play on the south side and gut the entire inside of the stadium and redo it all. They can take one year and redo everything and make it a GREAT facility. The only remaining problem is the neighborhood. Hence why i really believe they should move out and find another place. ohh.... say the intersection of Oakton and Higgans in Elk Grove (one of the spots the Bears almost moved)

ohh.... say the intersection of Oakton and Higgins in Elk Grove (one of the spots the Bears almost moved)

I worked in Elk Grove when those talks were going on - never did know ('til now) where the exact proposed location was. That's about a mile (or 2) due north of where I was...and it is about 2 miles east of where I work now. :lol:

I worked in Elk Grove when those talks were going on - never did know ('til now) where the exact proposed location was.  That's about a mile (or 2) due north of where I was...and it is about 2 miles east of where I work now.  :lol:

DO you know where that farm is on Higgins? Near Oakton? That was the site. (I happen to know the family. They wanted more than the Bears were willing to give for the land, plus the road work that would have needed to be done was going to take a while).

PS: Where do you work? I deliver pizza's for Rosati's in Elk Grove ;)

I worked in Elk Grove when those talks were going on - never did know ('til now) where the exact proposed location was.  That's about a mile (or 2) due north of where I was...and it is about 2 miles east of where I work now.  :lol:

My last area office was at Algonquin and 53. I use to have lunch at Dikta's before they rebuilt Arlington.

I really believe they should move out and find another place.

Come on...you know that will not happen. Once they do that, they become an ordinary team with a new stadium. We all know that the ballpark draws as many fans as the team does. As long as the dump isn't condemned, they will stay there. They market that place as much as they market the team...maybe more.

The only remaining problem is the neighborhood. Hence why i really believe they should move out and find another place. ohh.... say the intersection of Oakton and Higgans in Elk Grove (one of the spots the Bears almost moved)

Elk Grover here (live about 3 miles away from the proposed Bears site).

The reason the Bears stadium deal fell through was that the town wanted nothing to do with it. The mayor, Craig Johnson, actively protested against this and the O'Hare expansion, citing that the citizens of Elk Grove wished to remain a quiet community for small families and wouldn't want the development that came along with a sports venue. The largest fear with the Bears stadium was the traffic and the drunks (not sure why drunks would want to wander the streets of Elk Grove). And being that Cub fans have a reputation of a frat party, I doubt a move to that area would fly.

As for the exact location, the plan was to build it on the Busse farm which is directly located across the street from a Lou Malnati's Pizzeria on Higgins.

I heard that a kid at Wrigley got hit with a piece of concrete - I guess it broke off and fell and hit the kid or something. Does anyone have a link to this?

EDIT: Ah, stupid stupid stupid me. I see Texsox' post. Mods, delete or merge, when you please. Me = :dips*** :stick

I have said this several times. Listen, i have no problem with the view of the stadium. Yes, it is "cute and cuddly" but the rest of the stadium is pure crap! I say they take one year, come play on the south side and gut the entire inside of the stadium and redo it all. They can take one year and redo everything and make it a GREAT facility. The only remaining problem is the neighborhood. Hence why i really believe they should move out and find another place. ohh.... say the intersection of Oakton and Higgans in Elk Grove (one of the spots the Bears almost moved)

Come and play on the southside? I think not. It's bad enough their overload fans have to come and piss up our stadium, I don't want the whole fanbase there for 81 games a year...

I think in the 2 months i've worked so far this summer i've been to Portillo's 4-5 times. It also has a Barnelli's in side of it, which is good food as well.

There are cops outside from like Noon-130 or so on golf road directing traffic in and out of portillos, it gets so crowded.

I think in the 2 months i've worked so far this summer i've been to Portillo's 4-5 times. It also has a Barnelli's in side of it, which is good food as well.

There are cops outside from like Noon-130 or so on golf road directing traffic in and out of portillos, it gets so crowded.

Stop it!

:finger

I'm so damned hungry and Portillo's would be awesome!!