any chance for beltran

WSoxShuf

Only if Houston gets desperate and is willing to take less than what they could "Really" get for him. But I'd leave A - Row in center field, because I'd don't think Beltran would move to RF, which would cause problems. Call me crazy, but even Larry Walker could be an option.

this is apposed to be all or nothing so i say as long as we can keep anderson les go for beltran.... he can hit HR's and do the small things 2 which is really nice and another switch hitter

Is it still an "all or nothing" with our two best hitters possibly out for the season? Is it still worth mortgaging the future? I'm not so sure it is. I'm confident we can still win this division but, even with frank and maggs, our chances at getting past NY or OAK was anything but definite. With the loss of those two I'm not so sure I'm all for trading the farm for a shot this season. BTW, I'm a guy who wholeheartedly believes in trading prospects, no matter how highly regarded, for proven talent. It's just that you have to take calculated risks, and the risk just got a lot higher with yesterday's news.