Soxtalk across the US and the World

southsider2k5

I was thinking about it, and we have a pretty broad representation on here.

These are the states I know we have covered... Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Texas, Kentucky, Florida, California, Oregon, New York, New Jersey, North Dakota, Montana, Iowa, Pennsylvania, and Kansas. That makes 16 states covered at least. I know there has to be a cheesehead out there somewhere, and also places like Missouri and Ohio are close enough that we probably have someone.

Also for posters, I know we have Canada, Austrailia, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, and Brazil covered.

My question is what places am I missing? If you are from somewhere not listed above, please post it, I am curious.

Edited for add ons-Alabama, South Carolina, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, Nevada.

Edited by southsider2k4

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I am posting from Maine.

Even though I don't live there.

Doubt there are any Maine posters on here.

Yeah, I am looking for homestates.

And to DBAHO, you just got me thinking, and I have to add Alabama for sure, and most likely the Carolina's Virgina/Tennessee, because of having White Sox farms teams there, and knowing that we have people who post from those towns.

Nah, just curiousity.  I wonder how close to all 50 states Soxtalk is.

It would help if we google bombed White Sox Fan Site to get us closer to the top. A few dozen of us start blogs and all link and we could be on our way.

It would help if we google bombed White Sox Fan Site to get us closer to the top. A few dozen of us start blogs and all link and we could be on our way.

I'm not sure that I would want to promo the site that way. I like the word of mouth method that we seem to have now. Usually new people have heard about this site from someone else. It seems to attract better quality posters.

More attention usually also means more trolls.

I would guess we would have somebody from Arizona on the boards since the Sox have Spring Training there and there seemed to be lots of locals who rooted for the Sox when I went there. Almost everywhere I went a local would see my Sox hat or jersey and comment on it.

I would guess we would have somebody from Arizona on the boards since the Sox have Spring Training there and there seemed to be lots of locals who rooted for the Sox when I went there. Almost everywhere I went a local would see my Sox hat or jersey and comment on it.

I am pretty sure you are right, but I can't find someone who has AZ listed in their profile. All of the states I have listed, are places I know for sure have posters.

I remember when Jas, Ian, Mario and I were on vacation, there was a thread full of country's hostmasks that visited FutureSox. I bet a bunch of them visited here as well. Nothing like reading through that list, looking at Jason and asking, "Where the f*** is this country?"