Sonicare

aboz56

I got one of those Sonicare toothbrushes recently and I've been pleasantly surprised...Anyone else tried one of these, it literally feels like I've just left the dentist office after each time I brush with this thing, it's amazing...For anyone that hasn't used one, I'd definitely recommend, although it does take some getting used to at the beginning.

I got one of those Sonicare toothbrushes recently and I've been pleasantly surprised...Anyone else tried one of these, it literally feels like I've just left the dentist office after each time I brush with this thing, it's amazing...For anyone that hasn't used on, I'd definitely recommend, although it does take some getting used to at the beginning.

My FBIL and FSIL uses that and rave about it. Brian and I are thinking about investing in one.

When I was in my late teens my mom bought one for the family. I seemed to remember liking it.

Edited by Queen Prawn

The one thing I've noticed so far is that when you first start brushing your upper teeth on the inside, it's almost an unbearable tingling feeling at first until you get used to it. I found myself having a hard time keeping the thing on my teeth it was tingling/tickling me so badly. But after a few days you get used to it and it's awesome.

Oh, one question.  Can you use this if you have braces?

yep, I did....works great too.

And i've had one for 2 years i think....it's so hard brushing with a normal tooth brush if i have to now :lol:

How much do these things cost? Sounds like a good investment, seems i'm the only one manually brushing here.

Nope! I've always used a manual brush as well and have no problem with it.

The circling of the bristles just seem like they'll rip the heck out of my gums, and I don't want constant bleeding right after brushing.

I got one of those Sonicare toothbrushes recently and I've been pleasantly surprised...Anyone else tried one of these, it literally feels like I've just left the dentist office after each time I brush with this thing, it's amazing...For anyone that hasn't used one, I'd definitely recommend, although it does take some getting used to at the beginning.

Yep, it works great. Gotta get some replacement brushes for mine. Been using it for like a year adn a half. Teeth feel clean after every wash. Took a while for me to get used to it though.

Nope!  I've always used a manual brush as well and have no problem with it.

The circling of the bristles just seem like they'll rip the heck out of my gums, and I don't want constant bleeding right after brushing.

I think your gums are more likely to bleed with a regular brush then a sonicare. I don't think mine have ever bled from using the sonic care, at least not that I can recall.