Sox/Philly Rainout...

Elcaballo45

Does anyone happen to know when we are scheduled to make up the Thursday game that was rained out against the Phillies back in June? I only ask, because I remember that they were saying it would be rescheduled for August 1st possibly because Philidelphia will be playing the Cubs this weekend.

Other than "Billy Koch Sucks" I'd bet that the Phillies rainout has the most Topics posted out of anything this season.

I'd go so far as to say that there are more Phillies rainout threads than Jeckle recommendations to fire Ozzie :P

Its very important. The game is the last interleague game of the year and the AL currently has a 126-125 advantage over the NL. Winning would again bring home the trophy to the American League.

That don't mean s***. We need to win because we need the win. I couldn't care less about AL-NL splits.

Its very important. The game is the last interleague game of the year and the AL currently has a 126-125 advantage over the NL. Winning would again bring home the trophy to the American League.

What "trophy" are you talking about??? And let's remember who won the All Star Game.

We gotta win this game for the sake of our divisional standings...THAT'S what's most important here.

Other than "Billy Koch Sucks" I'd bet that the Phillies rainout has the most Topics posted out of anything this season.

I'd go so far as to say that there are more Phillies rainout threads than Jeckle recommendations to fire Ozzie :P

your forgetting the 'what's the deal with carl everett and dinosaurs?'

:lol:

El Caballo, at the Cell, at certain box office windows only, there is a small sign which reads that the Sox will be playing the Phillies on Monday, August 2nd at 1:05. Half price and a day game, 2 good reasons to ditch work.

I have not seen or heard this anywhere else, which is kind of strange to me. What's the big secret? I thought the goal was to actually SELL ticktes.

Anyone else seen these signs?

I have not seen or heard this anywhere else, which is kind of strange to me. What's the big secret?  I thought the goal was to actually SELL ticktes.

I saw those signs while at the box office Monday morning...

As for the advertising of the rainout make-up date, they announced it on Whitesox.com right when the decision was made, and it was announced over every single Chicago news station and radio station that I listened to, as well as has been broadcasted over major sites such as ESPN.com, sportsline.com, and Yahoo! sports. In no way has this rescheduled date been kept on the "hush hush."

I remember them saying 'if neccessary', but never anything solid or for sure and then it just didn't come up any more. Also, if you go the Sox site and look on the schedule, that date is still blank because originally it was an off day.

You've confused me, is it the 2nd or the 30th??