Another White Flag trade on the way?

BigNDfan80

The Sox could fall to 6 games out before the trade deadline.  I hate this idea, but what if Reinsdorf and KW decide to unload this roster.  The only positive being you could re-stack your farm system.

um.......NO

If you're the Sox...you have to seriously say to yourself...."can we catch the Twins without Thomas and Mags?"  This seemed ridiculous a week or two ago, but this 5-skid is coming at an awful time.

10 games.....yes, not 5 or 6 no f***ing way. We've seen how hot this team can get. I'm nowhere near giving up and I sure as hell know KW isn't either.

10 games.....yes, not 5 or 6 no f***ing way.  We've seen how hot this team can get.  I'm nowhere near giving up and I sure as hell know KW isn't either.

And we were how many out when the Sox had their first white flag trade? 3 1/2 or 4 games out. They've done it in the past.

10 games.....yes, not 5 or 6 no f***ing way.  We've seen how hot this team can get.  I'm nowhere near giving up and I sure as hell know KW isn't either.

When have you seen how hot this team can get? This team is a team without their 2 best hitters. This team has never been hot, only very cold.

KW has to make the best decision for this year first but he also has to consider the next few years. I don't think he should do a "white flag" type trade but I don't think he should spend any more talent or money on this team either. Also, if the right offer came along for ELo (young, special talent) I'd take it.

And we were how many out when the Sox had their first white flag trade? 3 1/2 or 4 games out.  They've done it in the past.

And think back to the guys we traded. What did they all have in common? They were all going to be free agents in search of huge contracts. We have one guy who could fall in that category, and he is injured. Elo is the closest to this, and he isn't going anywhere.

Hi, I'm kinda new here.

I suppose a white flag is possible, but it would make KW look really silly. He traded away a big part of the farm in the past 2 years, just to pull the plug now and STILL not have the farm system? He's come too far for that, he has no choice but to ride it out.

I believe if Frank and Maggs were healthy, KW would have sold the entire farm system for RJ and made a huge push for the WS. This team was built for this year, all or nothing.

If anything we gotta keep Konerko, Clee, Rowand, Buerhle, Garcia and Takatsu. Thats a good start to any team even if theyre rebuilding. However if we can remain close for the rest of the year the attendance will remain high. Then we will have some money to go after free agents and get some contact hitters and maybe another starter for next year. But if I remember correctly when the sox were rebuilding a few years ago attendance was really down. Management doesnt want that again.

I highly doubt a white flag deal is coming. The only guy that would make sense to deal if we gave up is Loaiza, and Maggs if he were healthy, maybe Valentin. Most of our players are locked up for a while. Obviously the two players I mentioned don't have a ton of value. I guess we could trade guys like Lee, Konerko, and Buehrle, but what sense would that make? They're all locked up for a few years and are producing. This type of team doesn't seem well suited for a salary dump. This isn't a team where everyone has been together for a while, we took our shots and it's going to cost a ton to keep the team together. Freddy hasn't been here very long, and if we sign Maggs all of the key players would be back for another run. I think we're just going to stand pat, maybe add a cheap bat to replace Frank and Maggs, and try to have everyone ready for another chance next year.

We're going to win this divison. The Twins won't stay this strong with the 2nd hardest schedule in the AL and with us having the 2nd easiest. Give us a few games against KC and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I agree with you, just stating my opinion on who's gone and who's back. By the way, love the sig! :lol:

Big Jurassic, a lot of people say the rest of the schedule favors us.

The Twins' next 10 games are against Boston, Oak. and Anahein, all with winning records and all at Minn.

We face the Tigers and Royals on the road and Cleveland at home. Only Cleveland is above .500.

What do you think will happen in these next 10 games?

Big Jurassic, a lot of people say the rest of the schedule favors us.

The Twins' next 10 games are against Boston, Oak. and Anahein, all with winning records and all at Minn.

We face the Tigers and Royals on the road and Cleveland at home.  Only Cleveland is above .500.

What do you think will happen in these next 10 games?

Well, it'd be nice if we could beat the bad teams at least... but at this point, that isn't gaurunteed.

We're going to win this divison. The Twins won't stay this strong with the 2nd hardest schedule in the AL and with us having the 2nd easiest. Give us a few games against KC and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Good point, there's still two months of baseball to be played, and alot can happen between now and then. Never say die :headbang