Not Giving Up on This year but....

traydragen

Our pitching staff for next year is gonna be damn good. Buehrle, Garcia, Contreras,Garland, and possibly a very good pitcher on the way via free agency. You can say all you want about Garland but a 500. or better pitcher as your 4th is very, very good, and I believe he only has to get better. Anyone have the players that we actually keep next year next year on the offensive end?

I really really hope Garland gets better. Every year it's always like, "This is the year for Garland, he'll break out." But it hasn't happened yet. I still hope to see more consistant pitching from him.

Garland has to go out and do something spectacular to prove that he's more than just a mediocre pitcher. Till he does the question will always be asked when he pitches........"Is it gonna be Jon or Judy tonight?"

If we can get Contreras to pitch up to his stuff then starting pitching is going to be the biggest strength of this team next season. Basically we'll go into the offseason with a starting rotation already filled out and have a damn good rotation to build this team around, which is the way to do things. Get good starting pitching and fill in from there.

If we can get Contreras to pitch up to his stuff then starting pitching is going to be the biggest strength of this team next season.  Basically we'll go into the offseason with a starting rotation already filled out and have a damn good rotation to build this team around, which is the way to do things.  Get good starting pitching and fill in from there.

Exactly. With strong SP, and a reliable pen, the Sox don't need to score 10 runs a game. That's why the sox shouldn't be written off THIS year as well. If the offense shows some signs of life and the Sox will be in it until the end.

just a little quote from ESPN that I really liked reading, the Yankees are # 3 on the Biggest Losers list for the trade deadline....

But he's also "not throwing very well," warned one AL scout. "He's lost velocity since last year."

And another scout, asked to compare Loaiza's stuff to Contreras' stuff, said: "Not only does Contreras have better stuff. It's two grades better. Contreras has No. 1 stuff if he can ever figure out a way to be more consistent. If I'm the Yankees, I wouldn't feel real good at all about running Loaiza out there in October. He's a guy who has had one good year. And it just happened to be his contract year."

I like it I like it A lot

Garland has to go out and do something spectacular to prove that he's more than just a mediocre pitcher.  Till he does the question will always be asked when he pitches........"Is it gonna be Jon or Judy tonight?"

He doesn't have the command of his curve and change - half the time, he either hangs it/floats it or bounces it in the dirt. That puts way to much pressure on his sinker.

He is behind seemingly all the time, even even when he is ahead, he is wasting pitches James Baldwin-style and has to eventually throw get-me-over junk that gets hits hard, or else he just puts the hitter on base. Frustrating.

At this point Judy is a glorified #4 who can't be counted on for s*** in pressure situations.