2004 College Football Prediction Thread

Whatever you wanna predict. Here's mine...

ACC Champ:Miami

Big East Champ:West Virginia

Big 10 Champ:Michigan

Big 12 Champ:Oklahoma

Pac 10 Champ:USC

SEC Champ:LSU

Conference USA Champ:Louisville

MAC Champ:Northern Illinois

Mountain West Champ:Utah

Sun Belt Champ:North Texas

WAC Champ:Boise State

Big Ten Standings

1.)Michigan

2.)Ohio State

3.)Minnesota

4.)Iowa

5.)Purdue

6.)Penn St.

7.)Wisconsin

8.)Michigan St.

9.)Illinois

10.)Northwestern

11.)Indiana

Heisman: QB Matt Leinart USC

Orange Bowl

USC over LSU (what the national championship game should have been last year)

ACC Champ: Florida State (Miami has Brock Berlin and lost a TON of Defensive Studs, If Rix pulls his head out his ass Fla St. Wins it.)

Big East Champ: West Virginia (What a joke of a conference)

Big 10 Champ: Ohio State (Edges out Michigan)

Big 12 Champ: Oklahoma (K State with a repeat shocker lead by Heisman winner Darren Sproles and a TOP notch Defense)

Pac 10 Champ: USC (Yup)

SEC Champ: Florida (Going out ona limb, Chris Leak is the real deal)

Conference USA Champ: TCU/Soutern Miss (One of them will win it)

MAC Champ:Northern Illinois (Who Cares)

Mountain West Champ:Utah (Who Cares)

Sun Belt Champ:North Texas (Owns SunBelt)

WAC Champ:Boise State (Who Cares)

Big Ten Standings

1.)Ohio State

2.)Michigan

3.)Purdue

4.)Minnesota

5.)Iowa

6.)Wisconsin

7.)Michigan State

8.)Penn State

9.)Illinois

10.)Northwestern

11.)Indiana

Heisman: RB Darren Sproles, Kansas State

Orange Bowl

Florida State over LSU

Pinned it here for now, but I'll move it into the contest board as well.

Also, would anyone be interested in setting up a college pickem thing through yahoo or ESPN. I thought someone did, but I don't remember who it was. Then I'll have both in the college football section of the contest area.

Pinned it here for now, but I'll move it into the contest board as well.

Also, would anyone be interested in setting up a college pickem thing through yahoo or ESPN.  I thought someone did, but I don't remember who it was.  Then I'll have both in the college football section of the contest area.

i made the college pick 'em..

here's the link

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/college

Group ID#: 1266

Password: Soxtalk

;)

ACC Champ:Maryland(WHAT!!)

Big East Champ:West Virginia

Big 10 Champ:Michigan

Big 12 Champ:Oklahoma

Pac 10 Champ:USC

SEC Champ:Georgia

Conference USA Champ:TCU

MAC Champ:Toledo

Mountain West Champ:Utah

Sun Belt Champ:North Texas

WAC Champ:Fresno State

I'm gonna pick the ACC standings, since thats what I'm a fan of.

ACC Standings:

Maryland

FSU

Miami

Virginia

Clemson

VTU

NC State

UNC

GT

WF

Duke

I'm gonna go a little farther here.

Heisman: RB Darren Sproles KState

Bednarik: David Pollack DE Georgia (best defensive player)

Belitnikoff: Craphonso Thorpe WR FSU (best receiver)

Butkus: Derrick Johnson LB Texas (best linebacker)

Walker: Darren Sproles RB KState (best runningback)

Mackey: Heath Miller TE Virginia (best tightend)

Maxwell: Matt Leinart QB USC (best player)

Narugski: David Pollack DE Georgia (best defensive player)

Thorpe: Antrell Rolle CB Miami (best defensive back)

Orange Bowl

Georgia over USC

USC is way too hyped up. They won't make it to the title game.

They had an amazing recruiting class last year, but yeah they will have some questions with young talented guys that will have to step up. I wouldn't be shocked if Virginia Tech gave them a very good game.

They had an amazing recruiting class last year, but yeah they will have some questions with young talented guys that will have to step up. I wouldn't be shocked if Virginia Tech gave them a very good game.

Virginia Tech is going to be BLOWN out tonight... book it...

Va Tech is a program on the decline, and I wouldnt be surprised to see something like 42 - 14 tonight... USC has 3 outstanding RB's... a TOUGH Defense.. and a Heisman contending QB

No contest

Northwestern will not finish 10th in the Big Ten. If you predict that you have no idea what you are talking about. They are coming off 8th with a ton of returning starters, including all starters on both lines. To say they will finish 10th means you are picking your teams based on reputation.

Northwestern will not finish 10th in the Big Ten. If you predict that you have no idea what you are talking about. They are coming off 8th with a ton of returning starters, including all starters on both lines. To say they will finish 10th means you are picking your teams based on reputation.

exactlty Wildcats will be 6 or 7 mabey a possible 5 if there is lots of football magic going on in Evanston (a.k.a WrigleyVille Jr.)

exactlty Wildcats will be 6 or 7 mabey a possible 5 if there is lots of football magic going on in Evanston (a.k.a WrigleyVille Jr.)

Right. I won't go out on a limb and predict them to finish top 5, but they are capable of it and don't be surprised for them to make some noise this season.

Um, how is it that unbelievable that NU could finish 10th? The Big Ten is a tough conference, just because NU is getting better doesn't mean that other teams aren't getting even better at the same time.

USA Today's College Football preview predicted them to finish 10th. Phil Steele, Sports Illustrated, and The Sporting News all picked them to finish 9th. Is it really that much of a stretch to believe that they could finish 10th. I'm not saying that I'm 100% sure they will, but that is what I predicted. I'm just having some fun, I wouldn't bet anything on it that's for sure. Th truth is no one knows what can happen with injuries and everything.

The publications never give NU credit ever. Even coming off of their Rose Bowl season in 94 I'm pretty sure they were picked to finish 5th. The one year they were picked really high(after the Alamo Bowl year) they had a lot of injuries and were horrible. The other years when they won or shared the title they were picked 9th or lower. I don't see why the publications put them so low. Even within the magazine, they say the should have a solid defense, a very good offensive line, and a good running game. The only question marks I ever see are passing game(that's a huge one) and pass defense(I don't understand that one as much, they have some pretty good players back there). This isn't that strong a year for the Big Ten, so I see no reason that they should be below 8 in most people's picks. Illinois and Indiana have some major flaws, Michigan State is replacing an awful lot of starters, Penn State has some talent but hasn't put much together in a while, Minnesota has a great running game and not much else. Purdue should score a lot but has a lot of questions on D. Even teams like OSU and Wisconsin have some major holes. The only teams I really think will make major noise in the Big Ten are Iowa(monster D but need some people to step up on offense) and Michigan. I think this might be one of those years where NU comes out of nowhere and steals a share of the title. They have a tough schedule though and really need to fix the passing game issues. I'm gonna have to look at what kind of odds for winning the conference in Vegas, I kind of like that bet as a longshot.

To follow up my NU rant(can you tell I'm a fan? :D ), here are my picks.

ACC champ- Virgina(I like them, a lot of experience. Tough to pick against Miami though)

Big East champ- West Virginia(brutal conference, WVU might be a good sleeper title game bet just because their schedule is so weak they might run the table)

Big Ten champ- Michigan

Big 12 champ- Oklahoma(they should definitely win regular season crown, but have a habit of losing in the Big 12 title game)

Pac 10 Champ- USC

SEC champ- LSU

Bowl Games

Orange- USC-Oklahoma

Rose- Michigan- Cal

Sugar- Texas-LSU

Fiesta- Virgina- West Virginia

Order of finish in Big Ten (I know it's a little wierd but bear with me)

1) Michigan

2) Iowa

3)Wisconsin

4) OSU (I could really see this as a 7-4 type year)

5) Purdue

6) NU

7) Minnesota

8) Penn State

9) MSU

10) Illinois

11) Indiana

Heisman finalists-

1) Matt Leinhart

2) Cedric Benson

3) Jason White

4) David Greene

Heisman sleepers-

1) Justin Vincent

2) Brad Smith

I think this might be one of those years where NU comes out of nowhere and steals a share of the title. They have a tough schedule though and really need to fix the passing game issues. I'm gonna have to look at what kind of odds for winning the conference in Vegas, I kind of like that bet as a longshot.

I agree with that, but didn't want to get flammed for saying that. The odds in Vegas would be well worth the bet. :D