*Official* Madden Thread (New One)

Since we've seemed to have lost the other Madden thread (no biggy), I wanted to start a new one (unless I just haven't gone back far enough - if that's the case, you can delete this thread).

Can someone create a realistic Deion Sanders and post his attributes? If someone has found a website that already has posted numbers about him, that'd be great too.

Or - better yet, didn't last years' Madden game have Deion in it? Can someone posts his attributes from last years' Madden game? IIRC, he's a free agent in it...

EDIT: Ack - I'm a friggin' dumbass. Can someone move this to SL&P? Thanks a bunch.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to start a franchise, but which is better a set roster or a fantasy draft?

Set Roster...

Why would you want to do a fantasy draft?.. That kinda defeats the purpose of the game.. Dont you wanna be the real NFL team?

On the other hand, you might wanna try something different and a fantasy draft could be fun...

However you look at it, I always do set rosters though..

I'm going to start a franchise, but which is better a set roster or a fantasy draft?

I have a lot of fun with the fantasy drafts. It's kind of fun trying to get a solid all around roster(harder than it seems, especially with the computer taking all the corners, ends, tackles, QB and WR early. I usually end up with weak 3rd WR, one weak end, okay CBs, and David Carr at quarterback but pretty good everywhere else), and it gives me a chance to get some guys I really like(Clinton Portis, Kendrell Bell, Terell Suggs) on the Bears without giving up my entire team. It gets kind of boring after you get your team though, I got a team with Vick and Portis and I just can't be stopped. I'm gonna try a franchise with the Bears normal team soon I think. I'd be more happy about it but I am not a big fan of their playbook.

I can't stand fantasy drafts on there. It takes away everything from the game to me. I try to build a dynasty by importing draft after draft class from my NCAA game. Now I have two OLB's with 90 speed each and I have speed everywhere else. I have a receiver from NCAA that I didn't create, he's 6'5 210 pounds and has 99 speed. Basically I just try to get the most speed I can everywhere. I learned a secret from someone on the NCAA game that you should recruit atleast 3 MLB's EVERY year because they can be moved to other spots on the defense and gain attributes, so you can have all of your DT's with 86 speed etc.

IF it was Deion of old, I would give him 99 speed. But since its his comeback I would put him at around 96 speedwise and about 90 agility wise. I would also give him good hands, and bad tackling ability. I would also make him get KO'ed on the first play, but thats just me :bang

I just played my first game of a new francise with the bears with Ogunleye on the team and he had 2 sacks and a Forced fumble but I lost because Grossman got injured in the second quater and was out for the game then on a last second drive i was on about the 30 down 26-21 Quinn who was doing pretty good in grossmans absence got injured so it was up to Krezel and he threw 2 incomplete passes on 3rd and 4th down to give the ball back to the lions with 20 seconds left. :crying

Im really frusterated on All-Madden.

I just dont understand how when your on O, there are 2 guys on EVERY reciver, then when you play D, your CB just stand there waiting for for the Opposing WR to catch the ball. Really frusterating.

i would say try a zone possibly to get coverage but you can break down the zone easily too

Im really frusterated on All-Madden.

I just dont understand how when your on O, there are 2 guys on EVERY reciver, then when you play D, your CB just stand there waiting for for the Opposing WR to catch the ball. Really frusterating.

I was having the same frustrations, Tony. And it really pissed me off, I know exactly what you're talking about. Linebackers would make absolutely unbelievable plays against my wide receivers, on perfectly placed passes. Yet, when all my DB had to do was stick his hand up, he didn't even do that.

Turn up your defensive awareness AI, as well as your knockdowns AI. The computer will still make good plays on your receivers, but at least it will be fair because your DB's will do the same thing. I also recommend you run the ball A LOT, and throw to your TEs a lot more than you throw to your WRs. JMHO, try it out. And if your using the Bears playbook - I recommend not using it, it's terrible. I love the Denver playbook, really good for two TEs (I have Desmond Clark and Daniel Graham, who I traded for from NE. Got him for a third rounder because they have so much depth at that position.) It's also good for RBs...

It makes the game a LOT more enjoyable. Try it out.

Tried it, and got more pissed. Im done with the game for a while. I watched the replay of this one play like 6 times. I called a MAN DEFENSE, not zone, and all the Viking WR did was run straight, then stop and turn around. Tillman was 4 steps behind him standing in the same spot for 3 seconds, then after the ball is caught, he decideds to move and take him down. This after I set my CB awarness up 3 ticks.

I cant stand it anymore, unesasary stress I dont need.

:fyou Madden

You have to turn up the Awareness and Knockdowns a LOT. Believe me, it might seem like it would be unfair - but if you turn up the awareness to about 18, and the knockdowns to about 15, and it really becomes a lot of fun to play defense, because you can then just worry about the player your controlling.

I'm not lying to you. Brian Urlacher is ranked first for MVP, has 10 sacks, and five INTs. Ogunlye has 16 sacks, and is going up for defensive lineman of the year. You may not score a lot, but you'll sure as hell hold down a team on defense. The only time I got dominated was when the Redskins put up 60 points on my defense, they were f***ing unstoppable.

Try it, Tony. Try it. ;)

defense had always been my forte on madden so im not having as much of a problem except with my lack of defenders making the same moves as the AI defenders but otherwise it all starts with getting pressure on the QB too so he doesnt have all day to throw the ball... as for your offense you need to exploit holes you see in the defense whether it be hotrouting to a quick out or putting receivers in motion.... you cant just pick a play and run it, the option routes for receivers also work well and you can also use playmakers to control the receiver nearest the ball if it comes to that point

defense had always been my forte on madden so im not having as much of a problem except with my lack of defenders making the same moves as the AI defenders but otherwise it all starts with getting pressure on the QB too so he doesnt have all day to throw the ball... as for your offense you need to exploit holes you see in the defense whether it be hotrouting to a quick out or putting receivers in motion.... you cant just pick a play and run it, the option routes for receivers also work well and you can also use playmakers to control the receiver nearest the ball if it comes to that point

Good post, ASHF. I agree 100%. You gotta be smart to play this game offensively, at least. Defensively, I can see where some things piss you off, but like ASHF said, you gotta get pressure on the QB... It's a must.