*Official* Madden Thread (New One)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe so many of you bought into the it's Madden hype.

It's not even the best football game out this year.

I bought ESPN 2K5 and rented Madden 2005 and without a doubt the ESPN was better. Much less confusing when it came to choosing plays and yet I can still do all the stuff that I want to do. Not only that the graphics are so much sweeter. Maybe it's just the PS2 version of ESPN that seems better.

I bought ESPN 2K5 and rented Madden 2005 and without a doubt the ESPN was better. Much less confusing when it came to choosing plays and yet I can still do all the stuff that I want to do. Not only that the graphics are so much sweeter. Maybe it's just the PS2 version of ESPN that seems better.

eh, i listen to IGN and they said to beg for 30 bucks to buy madden

Edited by Tmar28

...if your confused when picking your plays in a football videogame, i'm not going to trust your opinion.

I played both...and liked madden alot more.

...if your confused when picking your plays in a football videogame, i'm not going to trust your opinion.

I played both...and liked madden alot more.

Ditto. ESPN is nice eye candy, better graphics, better presentation, but as usual, Madden with much better gameplay and franchise mode, making Madden, yet again, the king of football games. ;)

BTW - WHarris1, I suggest you bump up the User Awareness AI. It's not really cheating, it's just - if you bump up that AI, the DB's actually go after the ball, and jump routes that the computer would usually jump. Bump up knockdowns a bit too.

Even that, though, won't matter if you just plain suck at defense (not saying you do). I recomend that you put a lot of pressure on the QB, and make sure to mix up zone and man, mix up bump and run and playing off. Use hot routes, too. Blitz a lot.

Ok, its on..finally played it, two days after buying it. The game definately rocks. I missed Madden's gameplay when playing ESPN, so I'm glad I traded it in for this..even if it did cost my cheapass some cash.

Biggest think I noticed is that running in this game is a lot harder and stopping the run is also harder. Its probably about time, cause i could own anyone with my running game in years past. Then again, I'm gonna have to adjust the way I play, lol.

Holy s***, passing is hard on All-Madden.

I started a Falcon's franchise and I can't pass at all with Vick.

My recievers are never open at all.

It seems like every reciever has 6 guys on him.

Any suggestions?

Throw to your TEs a lot. When you do throw to your WRs, try running curl routes, drag routes, or quick slants. And, I recommend that if you are going to throw a deep pass, take control of your WR, get in front of the DB, and go and catch it. It's a lot easier that way.

Throw to your TEs a lot.  When you do throw to your WRs, try running curl routes, drag routes, or quick slants.  And, I recommend that if you are going to throw a deep pass, take control of your WR, get in front of the DB, and go and catch it.  It's a lot easier that way.

Alright thanks.

Any suggestion on playbook for those types of plays?

ya but you gotta create those guys.. im askin which guys are in game already??

Are there any

You have to create second-round pick Tank Johnson. Make him somewhere around a 73-78 overall. In that area.

And make sure you make him with the dredlocks. The dreds f***in rock! :headbang