2004 College Football Trash Talk Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not back your comments up with something substantial?

Man of Steel if you can honestly tell me that you don't consider K State's game at Mizzou to be a tough game, you must be smoking something.  Actually, I hope that is the attitude the entire K State team takes going into that game.

Mizzou's defense is going to be much better this year and anything can happen when Brad Smith has the ball (with practices showing his arm is much stronger this year). 

You honestly think K State is going to be able to do the same thing to OU again???

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahaha..... but seriously

Why dont you go check out when the last time Mizzou beat Kansas State was, LOOONGGG time ago there my friend..

I am not worried bout it in the least little bit

K State has a STUD RB and a Defense that is top 10 in the nation year in an out...

You honestly think K State is going to be able to do the same thing to OU again???

Why couldnt it happen??

Last year I was prolly one of the ONLY people who said K State would beat OU in the Big 12 Title game... I even won $20 off my friend because I bet him K State would not only win, but beat their ass and I was right..

My man Sproles tore through that "Untouchable" defense like it was nothing...

Look at what K State did to OU with an Average QB (Yeah he could run, but throwing wise he was not that great.) and a Poor recieving core (Terry was the only standout)

Darren Sproles only added to the embarassment that was OU in the Big 12 Title game...

Not much has changed in Manhattan, Ide say the QB situation has gotten a little worse with Dylan Meier stepping in, but not that worse.. and I actually think that the WR group has got better..

The defense by far is going to win them a lot of games this year... I love defense, and K State has one hell of a Defense..

Oh yeah and they have a QB waiting in the wings thats going to be a STUD in Nick Patton

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahaha..... but seriously

Why dont you go check out when the last time Mizzou beat Kansas State was, LOOONGGG time ago there my friend..

I am not worried bout it in the least little bit

K State has a STUD RB and a Defense that is top 10 in the nation year in an out...

That's the same logic Cornhusker fans had used and looked what happened to them last year when they came to Columbia

Why couldnt it happen??

Last year I was prolly one of the ONLY people who said K State would beat OU in the Big 12 Title game... I even won $20 off my friend because I bet him K State would not only win, but beat their ass and I was right..

Look at what K State did to OU with an Average QB (Yeah he could run, but throwing wise he was not that great.) and a Poor recieving core (Terry was the only standout)

Darren Sproles only added to the embarassment that was OU in the Big 12 Title game...

Not much has changed in Manhattan, Ide say the QB situation has gotten a little worse with Dylan Meier stepping in, but not that worse.. and I actually think that the WR group has got better..

The defense by far is going to win them a lot of games this year... I love defense, and K State has one hell of a Defense..

Oh yeah and they have a QB waiting in the wings thats going to be a STUD in Nick Patton

Nick Patton just got arrested and may not play this year, due to academics.

Why couldnt it happen??

I enjoyed watching K-State destroy them last year. Personally I think OU is going to be more ready this season.

That's the same logic Cornhusker fans had used and looked what happened to them last year when they came to Columbia

Nebraska was not a very good team last year despite the 9 - 3 record...

I am not saying Mizzou cant surprise some weaker teams, but K State is not a weak team

Thats 12 years... Mizzou hasnt beat K State in 12 years... Cant beat them at home, cant beat them in Manhattan...

I dont see it happening again this year due to what I have already said in previous posts

I enjoyed watching K-State destroy them last year.  Personally I think OU is going to be more ready this season.

haha man I loved it..

And I hope OU is ready... It will make for a better game...

K State has always played OU tough, its always a good game..

But looking back at the past two years K State could have EASILY been in contention for a National Title shot both years... Out of all the games they lost in the past 2 years which is 6 IIRC, none have been by more than 7 points..

When they lose, they lose a close one...

EDIT: I think they have lost 7 games the past 2 years, one being the bowl to OSU

My North Prediction:

Nebraska

K-State

Mizzou

Kansas

Colorado

Iowa State

MSF.....do you actually know Considine?

And you do realize that Hawkeye fans are the equivalent of Cubs fans in Iowa. They never shut the hell up and if you ask them why they think thier team is superior, they'll just say....they are.

Ahh, my favorite Cy-Hawk memories include Brad Banks and the Hawks falling apart quicker than the Sox against the Clones and Seneca, and John Neal shutting the Hawks the f*** up.

My North Prediction:

Nebraska

K-State

Mizzou

Kansas

Colorado

Iowa State

MSF.....do you actually know Considine?

And you do realize that Hawkeye fans are the equivalent of Cubs fans in Iowa. They never shut the hell up and if you ask them why they think thier team is superior, they'll just say....they are.

Ahh, my favorite Cy-Hawk memories include Brad Banks and the Hawks falling apart quicker than the Sox against the Clones and Seneca, and John Neal shutting the Hawks the f*** up.

Theres no way Nebraska wins the Big 12 North this year...

Their Defense has been average and they are starting a Sophomore QB in a COMPLETELY new system...

They dont have the correct athelets to run the new system they have there, thats why next year they will be better because Callahan recruited Speed and Athleticism..

New QB, New System.. They will be 8 - 4 at best this year

I saw Nebraska play MSU last year. They were impressive. The only school with a chance at topping the N is KSU. Who do you think will win the north?

Kansas State is going to win the North, easily..

Sep 4 Western Kentucky

Sep 11 Fresno State

Sep 18 La.-Lafayette

Oct 2 @Texas A&M

Oct 9 @Kansas

Oct 16 Oklahoma

Oct 23 Nebraska

Oct 30 Texas Tech

Nov 6 @Missouri

Nov 13 @Colorado

Nov 20 Iowa State

Look at that Schedule... OU is the only team on that schedule that you can have an argument for that K State wont win... Other than that, its a weak schedule that favors the Wildcats

Kansas State is going to win the North, easily..

Sep 4 Western Kentucky

Sep 11 Fresno State

Sep 18 La.-Lafayette

Oct 2 @Texas A&M

Oct 9 @Kansas

Oct 16 Oklahoma

Oct 23 Nebraska

Oct 30 Texas Tech

Nov 6 @Missouri

Nov 13 @Colorado

Nov 20 Iowa State

Look at that Schedule... OU is the only team on that schedule that you can have an argument for that K State wont win... Other than that, its a weak schedule that favors the Wildcats

K-state always has the biggest cupcake schedule in the ncaa's

First of all, K-State lost to Marshall last year without Roberson. They no longer have Roberson.

Second of all, no Josh Buhl.

Thirdly, the O-line is weaker.

And finally, the Big 12 winner will be decided by the Red River Shootout.

First of all, K-State lost to Marshall last year without Roberson.  They no longer have Roberson.

Second of all, no Josh Buhl. 

Thirdly, the O-line is weaker.

And finally, the Big 12 winner will be decided by the Red River Shootout.

Yeah they dont have Roberson anymore or Buhl... Roberson was better than Meier but he is going to step in a do just fine..

Buhl was the leading tackler in the nation, but hes just one man on a defense that is year in and out one of the best in college football, he will be replaced with an equally productive player...

Darren Sproles is all I need to say, he is going to carry this team...

Yeah how many people WOULDNT have said OU was gonna win the Big 12 last year?? Did they??? Nope, they got blown away...

So its not set in stone the winner of the Red River Shootout is going to win the Big 12

Just because you have a top-notch runningback means squat. Look at Troy Davis in the mid-late 90's at ISU....He's was a f***ing stud.....two 2000+ seasons if I remember correctly....finished 5th and 2nd in the Heisman....(Damn you Wuerffel)....and they did diddily.

How did KState's defense do last year in the Big XII?

Just because you have a top-notch runningback means squat. Look at Troy Davis in the mid-late 90's at ISU....He's was a f***ing stud.....two 2000+ seasons if I remember correctly....finished 5th and 2nd in the Heisman....(Damn you Wuerffel)....and they did diddily.

How did KState's defense do last year in the Big XII?

That is the worst argument I have seen...

You put the best RB in the Nation (Sproles) on a team that had the 5th OVERALL Defense in the Nation it does mean something...

Its called 11 - 4 and Big 12 Champs not to mention they played in the Fiesta Bowl, a BCS bowl..

As you can see above K State had the #5 OVERALL defense in the nation, OU had the number #1.. Their defense was excellent in the big 12 last year, thats why they were 7 - 2 in Big 12 play..

The only let down they had was against Oklahoma State in which they gave up IIRC 38 points...

Look what they did to the best Defense in the Nation, 35 - 7.. Not to mention OU also had one of the TOP Offenses in the nation and was undefeated and murdering everyone until they ran into K State..

Look at all the games and youll see that the Defense is what made K State a great team.. and the same goes for that every year.. their defense is constantly one of the tops in the nation and yes having the Best RB in the Nation helps you out a ton, but Defense is what wins you championships..

The only stud K State had on Defense was Josh Buhl, I dont even think he made an NFL team.. Everyone else youve probably never heard of.. thats how it is every year... they have one guy on D who stands out and everyone else just works their asses off and plays as hard as they can... Thats why K State has been on of the best teams in the Nation from the 90's on up..

And Bill Snyder is one of the best coaches in the Nation.. Look how he turned that program around.. He knows how to get his players fired up, and it shows

That is the worst argument I have seen...

You put the best RB in the Nation (Sproles) on a team that had the 5th OVERALL Defense in the Nation it does mean something...

Its called 11 - 4 and Big 12 Champs not to mention they played in the Fiesta Bowl, a BCS bowl..

As you can see above K State had the #5 OVERALL defense in the nation, OU had the number #1.. Their defense was excellent in the big 12 last year, thats why they were 7 - 2 in Big 12 play..

The only let down they had was against Oklahoma State in which they gave up IIRC 38 points...

Look what they did to the best Defense in the Nation, 35 - 7.. Not to mention OU also had one of the TOP Offenses in the nation and was undefeated and murdering everyone until they ran into K State..

Look at all the games and youll see that the Defense is what made K State a great team.. and the same goes for that every year.. their defense is constantly one of the tops in the nation and yes having the Best RB in the Nation helps you out a ton, but Defense is what wins you championships..

The only stud K State had on Defense was Josh Buhl, I dont even think he made an NFL team.. Everyone else youve probably never heard of.. thats how it is every year... they have one guy on D who stands out and everyone else just works their asses off and plays as hard as they can... Thats why K State has been on of the best teams in the Nation from the 90's on up..

And Bill Snyder is one of the best coaches in the Nation.. Look how he turned that program around.. He knows how to get his players fired up, and it shows

hold on BIll Snyder is good but look at their non-conference schedule in the last ten years.

Print that out for us,and prove us why Snyder is so good.