2004 College Football Trash Talk Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and Kansas.

bill snyder is afraid to put a real opponent on the schedule for the purple puke

YOU support the Jayhawks and your insulting K State???

Talk s*** when your team actually DOES something...

Non Conference doesnt mean s***, the Big 12 is one of the best conferences in the Nation, I would say ACC now beats it out but that leaves them at #2.. If your gonna play the non conference card it would make a lot more sense if K State got beat down by all the better teams in the Big 12...

They were the only team all year to OWN OU, and they BLEW them out.. LSU beat them, but it was a close game... K state crushed them, something no one else even came CLOSE to doing

KSU went 2-3 against ranked opponents last year.....granted all of them were away from KSU.

Last year:

Cal W 10-7

Troy State W 41-5

McNeese State W 55-14

Massachusetts W 38-7

Marshall  L 27-20

at No. 5 Texas  L 24-20

at No. 22 Oklahoma State  L 38-34

Colorado W 49-20

Kansas W 42-6

Baylor W 38-10

at Iowa State W 45-0

at No. 21 Nebraska W 38-9

Missouri W 24-14

at No. 3 Oklahoma W 35-7

vs No. 6 Ohio State  L 35-28

Print that out for us,and prove us why Snyder is so good.

All you gotta do is go look at Kansas State pre Snyder and Kansas State WITH Snyder and that is proof enough...

4 non conference games a year isnt gonna make as big of a difference as you are making it out to be

KSU went 2-3 against ranked opponents last year.....granted all of them were away from KSU.

Last year:

Cal W 10-7

Troy State W 41-5

McNeese State W 55-14

Massachusetts W 38-7

Marshall  L 27-20

at No. 5 Texas  L 24-20

at No. 22 Oklahoma State  L 38-34

Colorado W 49-20

Kansas W 42-6

Baylor W 38-10

at Iowa State W 45-0

at No. 21 Nebraska W 38-9

Missouri W 24-14

at No. 3 Oklahoma W 35-7

vs No. 6 Ohio State  L 35-28

First off.... K State beat Cal 38 - 21

Look at the Nebraska and OU games... Nebraska and OU were both TOP defenses in the Nation last year, OU being #1

Nebraska 38 - 9 IN LINCOLN

Oklahoma 35 - 7

Look at their losses too.. not ONE of them was more than 7 points, and thats against quality teams too with the Exception of Marshall but they didnt have Roberson for that game, which hurt them because Jeff Schwinn sucks ass (Last years back-up)

I'd love to post something about Iowa State in here excpet for the fact that the Wildcats own their souls.....

At least you realize that and your not like Shuf there comparing K State to f***ing KANSAS!!

There is nothing wrong with playing nobodies in non conference, if you can beat em all more power to you... but non conference doesnt mean s***, its what you do IN conference that is going to make your season

It is bizarre that a team with such a great record only get in the BCS once or twince under his tenure.

WHY???

They have the weakes SOS in the big 12

The only way your going to a BCS game in the Big 12 is if you win the Big 12 Title or get the luck of the s***ass BCS System like OU did last year...

That is not something that you can just up and win like its nothing...

Kansas State

Oklahoma

Colorado

Texas A&M

Texas

IIRC those are the only teams who have ever won the Big 12 Title in its exsistance, I think there is one more, I cant remember

I got those from ESPN.

How good is Meier....any NCAA snaps and who's he going to throw to?

QB is gonna be the weakest posistion on K States team this year... He has some snaps but they are all in mop up duties... K State has never had the greatest crop of WR's with the exception of the Lockett brothers and Quincy Morgan... but they get the job done..

They have a good sophomore in Jermaine Moriera.. Other than that they usually work the Junior Colleges and get steals from there... They will be fine there, but K State is a primary Rushing team, passing isnt the first option...

Meier isnt as mobile as Roberson either, thats why Sproles is going to have to have a repeat of last year and then some...

I got those from ESPN.

ESPN is wrong then because I watched the game, and it wasnt 10 - 7

K State beat USC a couple years ago 10 - 7 when they had Carson Palmer in his senior year, but that was a few years ago

EDIT: It was also the first game of the year so maybe it was a glitch?

I don't remember A&M...must've been a while back if they did.

To win a didivsion, you usually have to be better than 2-2 on the road...K-State was just lucky the rest of the division sucked balls last year.

The Championship game was a home game anyways.

To win a didivsion, you usually have to be better than 2-2 on the road...K-State was just  lucky the rest of the division sucked balls last year.

A&M beat K State for the Big 12 Title in the days of Michael Bishop... They won it in overtime, thats when K State had a chance at the National Title and they choked in the title game and then lost to Drew Brees and Purdue in the Alamo Bowl

To win a didivsion, you usually have to be better than 2-2 on the road...K-State was just  lucky the rest of the division sucked balls last year.

They lost AT Texas and AT Oklahoma State.... and both by 4 pts, those are BOTH qualtiy teams

Not to mention they went INTO Lincoln and completely crushed Nebraska, and Nebraska is NO pushover at home

Out of the 6 teams in the Big 12 North.. K State, Nebraska, and Mizzou were all quality teams... K State beat them BOTH..

3 out of 6 in your division isnt sucking balls, thats pretty damn good.. All of them were in contention for the North Division and K State stuck it to both of them.. Brad Smith hype and All

The Wildcats have won at least 11 games in six of the last seven seasons, and have not had a losing campaign since 1992.

You only play 3 to 4 non conference games a year, that means at MOST K State starts out 4 - 0... Thats Seven more wins a YEAR coming against their conference, and the big 12 is not a push over conference

Western Kentucky is still in rebuilding mode following its 2002 I-AA national championship. The Hilltoppers lost 27 players, including 14 starters, from last season's team.

Kansas State has won both meetings between the teams, including a 48-3 victory on Aug. 31, 2002

They may play a week non conference but at least they play solid teams, they won a National Title in that same year, 3 of their defensive backs from that team are on NFL rosters now

Texas A&M is playing at Utah right now. Utah is so overrated. It's impossible for a team like them to be a top 20 preseason team. Plus, I HATE teams that run a s***load of WRs without a running game. So far it looks like Utah might be one of those teams, but it's a bit early to tell. It's just that they have run 4 wides, 0 backs for their first few plays. If you are going to do the spread (a la Northwestern) you need a running game to make it all work.

Of course as I'm typing this A&M botches d and lets a 78 yard TD pass get in. Hmm, let's see. They have 4 wides, 0 backs, it's 3rd and long...I think they are passing. How do you get beat deep in that scenario? Talk about a bad secondary.

Edited by danman31

My High School runs NU's offense.....went 10-1 with it one year....we lost cause we went for 2

It's a good offense...if you have the pieces and disciplined players. That's impressive that your high school can pull that off. Of course in theory it would work better against high school defenses because they have probably never seen it before.

Yeah, who would want to watch 2 I-AA teams in action anyway. :huh

Back to non Kansas State news....Illinois is going to try to beat their win total against I-A teams from a season ago...0! :lol:  :headbang

Yeah, it is kinda sad that the only team they beat was my poor old ISU :ph34r:

Maybe they will luck themselves into another win, or play another 1-AA team? :lolhitting