2004 College Football Trash Talk Thread

Few thoughts,  these MAC fans seem to be very quiet, no upsets at all.

NIU, MICH State,Notre Dame, NW fans where you at

Illinois, Indiana, KU all win

I've been hear all along, and I'm an NU fan. As for Kansas, see you in a few weeks, and see U of I at the end of the year. I think we'll fair just fine in those.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NIU, MICH State,Notre Dame, NW fans where you at

Illinois, Indiana, KU all win

While I don't mean to defend Notre Dame you just can't compare the opponents. Northwestern played the toughest game of anybody in the Big Ten this week (@ TCU) and only NU and Michigan St. played on the road. Notre Dame also played on the road. NIU is a MAC school that played a ranked team a lost by 3 on the road.

Meanwhile the 3 s***ty teams you mentioned played Central Michigan (beat 1 I-A team last season), Florida A&M (I-AA), and Tulsa (actually a decent team, but nothing great). You should be giving credit to the other schools for playing on the road instead of scheduling a garbage team.

While I don't mean to defend Notre Dame you just can't compare the opponents. Northwestern played the toughest game of anybody in the Big Ten this week (@ TCU) and only NU and Michigan St. played on the road. Notre Dame also played on the road. NIU is a MAC school that played a ranked team a lost by 3 on the road.

Meanwhile the 3 s***ty teams you mentioned played Central Michigan (beat 1 I-A team last season), Florida A&M (I-AA), and Tulsa (actually a decent team, but nothing great). You should be giving credit to the other schools for playing on the road instead of scheduling a garbage team.

I've said a couple things about IU in here; but I was never really saying them in a serious manner. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we win another game after last night. Last night was fun; I'm glad to say my first IU football game as a student was a victory.

I haven't knocked another team, and I defintely haven't sung praises for IU football. :lol:

So let me enjoy this one.

I gotta say, I was impressed with Purdue today. Syracuse might not be great, but they have Walter Reyes, and he is a damn good runningback. I knew they would score in bunches, I didn't expect a shutout. I already had them fairly high in my Big Ten picks, but if they keep up the D I might have to bump them up a few spots.

I was impressed with Illinois' dominant performance. I'm not gonna say much else, cause I don't really expect too much from them this year.

Their offense is nothing to be worried about, but I think their defence has definitely improved from last year. They allowed 358 Yards and the only points FAMU scored were in the 4th against the reserves. Last year against ISU I think they gave up 500-some yards and 22 points.

I was most impressed by WR turned CB Kelvin Hayden. 6 tackles, 1 forced fumble, and 2 interceptions, including one for touchdown.

This game showed promise but next week against UCLA will give a better idea of what type of team Illinois has this year.

Troy St. 17, Missouri 14 2Q :lol:

Troy St. just scored on this freak play. They had a solid run up the middle, then the rb got hit and the ball popped right into the hands of an offensive lineman. This dude takes it 50+ yards to the house. He was fast for an OL too. It was hilarious when this scrawny db caught up to him at the 5, but got dragged into the end zone. :lol: :headbang

Hmm....I thought they were just gonna change their name to Troy.

Anyways.....GO TROJANS! enz.jpg

They did change it to just Troy.

Someone needs to tell Mizzou that the game isn't over 7 mins in when you're up 14-0...

this is total deja vu for me from last years Bowling Green vs. Purdue game