I'm grinning ear to ear

Wise Master Buehrle

This teams out of it but winning is always a great thing and it makes you feel good.

Now... I wish Gload could play some 3rd base... that would be IDEAL!

Burke/Davis is a fine catching torrent. I said this in the game thread: We use Burke when there's a tough pitcher out there and we need some base hti guys, and we use Davis when we need more of a line drive/power hitter out there. I-freakin-deal.

What's interesting is that Ozzie has only been able to pick his bench players [Gload, Burke [who impressed Ozzie during ST but was only hitting .220 at AAA], and bullpen guys like Cotts + Adkins. Ozzie liked Grilli in spring as well. Ozzie has a decent record with his "picks".

The fact that he's publicly lobbied for guys like Valdez and Anderson and Sweeney to see some time in Chi, based on seeing them play first hand, bodes well for the immediate future. We may be seeing these guys faster than we think.

All in all, I trust Ozzie's judgement helping KW pick "star" type players to retool for 2005. Whether its w/ trades or FA signings, players with the "Ozzie stamp of approval" should be on the way, and the Sox should be better for it.

I loved seeing how excited Willie was when he scored the winning run and every one else jumping up and down. Despite the fact that the season really went down the toilet this year, I cannot accuse these guys of the same lack of passion we've seen the past couple years.

I smiled when the winning run scored too

I loved seeing how excited Willie was when he scored the winning run and every one else jumping up and down.  Despite the fact that the season really went down the toilet this year, I cannot accuse these guys of the same lack of passion we've seen the past couple years.

I smiled when the winning run scored too

We all know know Willie can run, but he was just FLYING around 3rd last night. I liked the little hop after the slide too.

What's interesting is that Ozzie has only been able to pick his bench players [Gload, Burke [who impressed Ozzie during ST but was only hitting .220  at AAA], and bullpen guys like Cotts + Adkins. Ozzie liked Grilli in spring as well. Ozzie has a decent record with his "picks".

The fact that he's publicly lobbied for guys like Valdez and Anderson and Sweeney to see some time in Chi, based on seeing them play first hand, bodes well for the immediate future. We may be seeing these guys faster than we think.

All in all, I trust Ozzie's judgement helping KW pick "star" type players to retool for 2005. Whether its w/ trades or FA signings, players with the "Ozzie stamp of approval" should be on the way, and the Sox should be better for it.

You know, that's a very good point. Ozzie's player evaluation judgements have been pretty much right on the money.