CUBS LOSE!!!!!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kearns has effectively crushed the Chicago Cubs chances of retaining their position atop the Wild Card.

While I didn't forecast a 12th inning 2 Run HR, immediately following Hawkins blown save I felt Cubs would lose. Its emotionally draining for a club (especially the Northsiders) to overcome such a devastating turn of events.

This quote from Stone should sum it up relatively well, "This game was a must win for the Cubs. A loss is devastating for their playoffs hopes."

Kearns has effectively crushed the Chicago Cubs chances of retaining their position atop the Wild Card.

While I didn't forecast a 12th inning 2 Run HR, immediately following Hawkins blown save I felt Cubs would lose.  Its emotionally draining for a club (especially the Northsiders) to overcome such a devastating turn of events.

This quote from Stone should sum it up relatively well, "This game was a must win for the Cubs.  A loss is devastating."

eh, the Reds bullpen BLOWS!!! and the cubs have some thunder coming up, and they've proved they can hit terrible pitching, so I won't mark this one in the win column for the Reds quite yet...

Also, I want to preempt any "sign Barry Larkin" posts on the main board, he said he wants to come back next year, but if we are going to give an old SS a chance I want it to be Omar

If this team doesnt make the playoffs, they have to be one of the most under-acheving teams ever. I know they had all the injury's, but as of the last two weeks, they have had the wildcard, and been pretty much all healthy.

I cant imagine sports radio if the Cubs miss the playoffs, the Bears are getting lead by Quinn, Bulls Baseketball, and no hockey even being played.

while Bernstein and Boers have refused to do anything but lap the Cubs nuts about their playoff chance, they have refused to let the fans use the injury excuse they usually point to two things

1. The starts Rusch (sp?) made in place of Prior/Wood were great and the record reflects that

2. How did the Cubs fans feel when they got Nomar and the remaining schedule

that shuts the fans up pretty well (try it with your friends, it works!)