Your suckiest job

GASHWOUND

Let me put it this way, it almost pays more than this job.

Ahhh, now I get it.

American Express finally emailed. Along with Edwards and a couple others. I love job searches. I've retooled my resume twelve different ways. I'm almost regretting closing my last deal.

Suckiest? Could be County Seat when I was in HS. The manager pissed me off one night and I walked out.

Helping companies source products and services offshore was a mental drain and caused some inner conflict. That may have been the worse.

This one pretty much sucks. Remember that DICKtator that runs our company?

As a matter of fact, re-sig-na-tion letter is being typed now.

:fyou :fyou :fyou

And yes, that would be before I have another job. It's gotten that bad, and before I have a shoutsplosion, I better just diffuse the situation.

Note to college kids out there:

You do NOT have to take people's s*** - respect is something that should be given and further respect should be earned. I don't care if you are a CEO. I will respect you because of that, but how you do the job, and how you handle situations will garner further respect - or in my case, make me lose respect. To walk around with a corn-cob up your ass talking about how important oneself is, and to further pussify your management into being "yes" men and women doesn't earn my respect. To sit in a senior management meeting getting my ass kicked for something that was totally not my fault and all three VP's sitting there like a deer in headlights, boy, that's the kind of company I want to work for. NOT.

Gee, can you tell I'm in a mood today? :angry:

The point is, never burn a bridge, and while you still have dignity, end the working relationship, because down the road, you never know where paths will cross.

That would be kapkomet's business advice of the day.

Driving the zamboni is awesome, no way is that near the s***tiest job ever

The actual driving of the zamboni is pretty fun, but dealing with all the stupid s*** from hockey players and figure skating moms pisses me off, when the stuff that happens isn't my fault.

This one pretty much sucks.  Remember that DICKtator that runs our company?

As a matter of fact, re-sig-na-tion letter is being typed now.

:fyou  :fyou  :fyou

And yes, that would be before I have another job.  It's gotten that bad, and before I have a shoutsplosion, I better just diffuse the situation.

Note to college kids out there:

You do NOT have to take people's s*** - respect is something that should be given and further respect should be earned.  I don't care if you are a CEO.  I will respect you because of that, but how you do the job, and how you handle situations will garner further respect - or in my case, make me lose respect.  To walk around with a corn-cob up your ass talking about how important oneself is, and to further pussify your management into being "yes" men and women doesn't earn my respect.  To sit in a senior management meeting getting my ass kicked for something that was totally not my fault and all three VP's sitting there like a deer in headlights, boy, that's the kind of company I want to work for.  NOT.

Gee, can you tell I'm in a mood today? :angry:

The point is, never burn a bridge, and while you still have dignity, end the working relationship, because down the road, you never know where paths will cross.

That would be kapkomet's business advice of the day.

Is this or when you were living in Warsaw worse?

My favorite memory of quiting a job was about 10 years ago. I wasn't certain if I should leave or not. The owner traeted me really well. A couple years earlier he had fired his partner and moved me into that office. But the job had gotten stale and the company was having a hard time compeating as an independent with all our competitors being gobbled up by bigger and bigger companies.

As I was nearing the office , and with a very nice offer in one pocket I flipped on the radio and heard the voice of God, well actually it was Joe Cocker

Feeling Alright

by:  Joe Cocker

Lyrics by:  Dave Mason

Peak: 33

Year: 1972

Seems I`ve got to have

A change of scene

Every night I have

The strangest dream

Imprisoned by the way

It could have been

Left here on my own

Or so it seems

I`ve got to leave

Before I start to scream

Cause someone locked the door

And took the key

You feeling alright (oh ho)

I`m not feeling too good myself (oh ho)

Yes, you feeling alright (oh ho)

I`m not feeling that good myself (oh ho)

Well boy, you sure took me for one big ride

And even now I sit and I wonder why

That when I think of you, I start myself to cry

I just can`t waste my time, I must keep dry

Gotta stop believing in all your lies

Cause there`s too much to do before I die

Hey, you feeling alright (oh ho)

I`m not feeling too good myself (oh ho)

Oh no, you feelin alright (oh ho)

I`m not feeling too good, little girl (oh ho)

(You feeling alright)

Don`t get too lost in all I say

Man, I love that song :headbang

Easily the best company, job, boss, co workers, live style I ever quit. Damn corporations taking over an industry and destoying the mom and pop operations.

That is exactly how I lost my favorite job ever.  Damn I miss those people and that company.  It was the best.

I gladly worked 60 hour weeks for that guy.

The company I went to was just as wonderful until they were bought out and I blindly took a transfer to career hell. My contract only helped a little when the corporate guys at the new company decided my location wasn't strategic anymore.

Then stupid me actually went back to work for them under a new underfunded regime.

I gladly worked 60 hour weeks for that guy.

The company I went to was just as wonderful until they were bought out and I blindly took a transfer to career hell. My contract only helped a little when the corporate guys at the new company decided my location wasn't strategic anymore.

Then stupid me actually went back to work for them under a new underfunded regime.

It was the most high energy, high stress job I ever had. I worked in the AOL stock options trading pit at the height of the internet bubble. We were trading more options that the OEX, over 100,000 per day on lots of days. There were over 100 people in our trading pit at the top. We busted our asses like mad to keep up. It was utter insanity, and I loved every minute of it. I looked forward to the chaos. Heck I still miss it today.

In the continuing saga, the Nazi DICKtator told us we cannot have cell phones in the office, although it's ok for him to stand here in the middle of our office talking on one.

I love this place. :fyou

Hypocritical scumbag. :fyou

We had a similar policy, except we were paying for the cell phones. Nothing aggravated the sales manager more than seeing his salespeople dialing on their cell phones when they had a desk phone 2 feet away. But I was polite when I chatted about it later.

My beef is going around making policies for everyone in the company except yourself. That's bull s***, always has been in my book. If it's a corporate policy, it should be a CORPORATE policy, not corporate to everyone but the CEO.

Damn, I better stop posting from this computer. :ph34r:

My beef is going around making policies for everyone in the company except yourself.  That's bull s***, always has been in my book.  If it's a corporate policy, it should be a CORPORATE policy, not corporate to everyone but the CEO.

Damn, I better stop posting from this computer. :ph34r:

How's the resume looking? :lol:

BTW did you ever talk to the OCC about what they want to do with you?