Politte signs new contract with sox.

qwerty

Cliff Politte - R - White Sox

White Sox signed RHP Cliff Politte to a one-year, $1 million contract with an option for 2006.

The White Sox had indicated they'd pick up Politte's option, but this is better. No one else was going to pay Politte $1.3 million after a second straight disappointing season, so there was no reason for the White Sox to do so. Instead, he'll get $900,000 in 2005 and the White Sox will hold a $1.2 million option for 2006 with a $100,000 buyout. Politte had a 4.38 ERA in 54 relief appearances this year before undergoing an appendectomy on Sept. 1. Oct. 4 - 3:17 pm et

From rotoworld.

There is a thread that says his option was picked up but it actually wasn't so that is why i made this thread.

KW had a great quote about Politte: "He has electric stuff, he just needs to learn to trust it a bit more". Totally on target. Translation: Cliff, your ball moves. Throw it down the middle and let it move, don't aim for the corners and have it sail a foot outside. And by the way, quit walking guys.

Even with his occasional control lapses. Politte = Farnsworth with a brain.

Sox need an arm at the back end of the bullpen, too bad that's the hardest one to acquire. :o

What is Urbina's status w/Detroit, he's gotta be a guy they'd look at, he's close friends with Ozzie.

Any other Venezuelans out there? :lol:

KW had a great quote about Politte:  "He has electric stuff, he just needs to learn to trust it a bit more".  Totally on target.  Translation:  Cliff, your ball moves.  Throw it down the middle and let it move, don't aim for the corners and have it sail a foot outside.  And by the way, quit walking guys.

Even with his occasional control lapses. Politte = Farnsworth with a brain.

Sox need an arm at the back end of the bullpen, too bad that's the hardest one to acquire.  :o

What is Urbina's status w/Detroit, he's gotta be a guy they'd look at, he's close friends with Ozzie.

Any other Venezuelans out there?  :lol:

Johan Santana is Venezuelan. :lol:

Johan Santana is Venezuelan. :lol:

I knew that was coming :D

Just curious ... do you think Urbina would be a good addition, would he be the go to guy at closer?

Here is a bright spot about the way the bullpen is shaping up ...

They've said they want to get a closer, yet they have two other guys who've saved games (Shingo, Marte). Depth at the closer spot, that's a good thing.

I knew that was coming  :D

Just curious ... do you think Urbina would be a good addition, would he be the go to guy at closer?

Here is a bright spot about the way the bullpen is shaping up ...

They've said they want to get a closer, yet they have two other guys who've saved games (Shingo, Marte).  Depth at the closer spot, that's a good thing.

There are rumors out there that julio will be traded this year and then ryan will slide into the closers role. I have never liked urbina closing, always thought he was an excellent set-up man though. While marte has closed in the past he is very not good at it.

Pollite-6th

Marte-7th, 1 out in 8th

Shingo-2 key outs in 8th

Uribina-9th.

I could live with it, I'll be honest.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

We're one good closer away from having a damn good backend of the bullpen, Percival seems like a pretty good option now too, I think I heard he hasn't blown a save since July??

We're one good closer away from having a damn good backend of the bullpen, Percival seems like a pretty good option now too, I think I heard he hasn't blown a save since July??

I would love to have him but seems like alot of people on here don't because he is old. But he is still hitting 98 consistently.