Ryan Wing claimed by Texas Rangers

Guest JimH

I was surprised to see Wing taken off the roster, but i guess they figured he wouldnt be claimed by somebody else since he is coming off surgery. Hell, he could be in Texas by the end of next year. I am happy for him and I am sure he will dominate once again when he gets healthy.

I would assume Charlotte, but you never know.  There isnt much more I need to accomplish at AA so I would think my next logical step would be AAA.(or even the big leagues!!)

Well then get your butt up here!!! God knows this team could use a lefty swingman out of the pen. What are you doing over the winter Jim? Are you working out in AZ with the boys, or maybe a winter league? Or are you just staying home?

When we keep losing when we're not even playing games, it's absolutely frigtening.

Rupe, Webster, Francisco, Wing -- sure looks like John Hart knows KW is a soft touch.

A bit old, but I found this on BaseballAmerica;

As teams try to shuffle their 40-man rosters, they sometimes lose players on waiver claims that they didn't intend to lose. The Rangers were at the center of that this weekend, snagging leftthander Ryan Wing off waivers from the White Sox while losing lefthander Ben Kozlowski and righthander Colby Lewis on waiver claims to the Reds and Tigers, respectively.

Wing, 22, almost became a Ranger last year in the Carl Everett trade, but the Rangers instead acquired Josh Rupe, Franklin Francisco and Anthony Webster. Wing missed this season with shoulder surgery, but he's already on a throwing program and should be ready to return to a mound by the end of spring training.

I am actually going back to school again at UCSB.  I am working out with the team here, trying to gear up for this upcoming season.  I hate school, but it will be great when I finally get my degree!!!

That's excellent to hear. :) Best of luck Jim, both with the degree and getting up to Chicago. I already got to meet Baj and Cotts, now we need to get the man who brought them here up to Chi-Town as well. :headbang

Bull:

For those of us who have endured yet another season of White Sox underachieving, please reassure us with the news that there are at least a handful of players at Birmingham and Winston Salem who will be in the big leagues by the end of 2006 and transfrom this team into a legit contender.

Anderon, Sweeney, Brice, Rogowski, Smith, Lopez, Ulacia, Gonzalez, Fields, Baj and you -- will somebody please push this ship in the right direction?

THe school is great I just cant stand doing the work.  Its hard to take off 3/4 of the year and then try to get back into the study mode.

That sucks. Hell, I have enough trouble getting back in the groove after summer. I don't even think I'm in a groove yet.

Anyway, kick some ass in school and then again down in the minors this year. Hopefully your shot is just around the corner.

THe school is great I just cant stand doing the work.  Its hard to take off 3/4 of the year and then try to get back into the study mode.

I know how you feel...not how you feel specifically, because I only get the summer off, but the basic getting back into study mode.

Wow, that sucks.

Anyways, Jim...good luck in the degree and on getting to the Sox. I hope we see you do well in Charlotte this year and that you are September call-up. It would be a great thing to see you pitching for the Sox as soon as next year...but I suppose I can wait. :P