Pedro's Midget

aboz56

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can go to the ballpark of any team and almost every damn fan in that stadium wants their team to win. Your team isn't special. It's just another team. The only thing making it different is the fact that it's loaded with all stars. I'm not jealous of your team, I'm jealous of the Minnesota Twins and the Florida MArlins. Why would I be jealous of your team? ANyone can open their checkbook and spend some money. What the Twins and Marlins did was actual work in their front office. Serious scouting, developing, and work went into those teams. These are what I wish the White Sox could be, not some 120 million dollar bull.

Once again, take off your red f***ing glasses and look through the eyes of the fan of the normal team. Teams that aren't the Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs, Angels, Mets, etc.

You shouldn't be trying to turn us into Red Sox fans. We hate them. Get over it. They're just the Yankee Jrs. is all.

If JR isn't spending 120 million because he thinks all sox fans think like you I am going to slap you very hard. :lol:

If JR isn't spending 120 million because he thinks all sox fans think like you I am going to slap you very hard. :lol:

Now I'm not saying that if we had a 120 million dollar payroll, I wouldn't watch them. I'm still a diehard Sox fan. One day if the Sox ever win a World Series, it'd be nice to be familiar with 90% of the players and be able to say "my boys finally won it". But that is not reality.

JR is just a cheapskate is all.

I can go to the ballpark of any team and almost every damn fan in that stadium wants their team to win. Your team isn't special. It's just another team. The only thing making it different is the fact that it's loaded with all stars. I'm not jealous of your team, I'm jealous of the Minnesota Twins and the Florida MArlins. Why would I be jealous of your team? ANyone can open their checkbook and spend some money. What the Twins and Marlins did was actual work in their front office. Serious scouting, developing, and work went into those teams. These are what I wish the White Sox could be, not some 120 million dollar bull.

Once again, take off your red f***ing glasses and look through the eyes of the fan of the normal team. Teams that aren't the Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs, Angels, Mets, etc.

You shouldn't be trying to turn us into Red Sox fans. We hate them. Get over it. They're just the Yankee Jrs. is all.

Besides Manny Ramirez, Keith Foulke, and Johnny Damon no one else has been quote on quote bought.

Pedro Martinez, Curt Schilling, Orlando Cabrera, Jason Varitek, Derek Lowe, Alan Embree, Doug Mirabelli, Scott Williamson, BK Kim, Mark Bellhorn, Dave Roberts, Doug Mientkiewicz, Mike Myers, and Terry Adams were all acquired via trade something that any team could have, would have, and should have done.

Then there is David Ortiz, Pokey Reese, Bill Mueller, Kevin Millar, Mike Timlin, and Pedro Astacio who were all given chances by the Red Sox, something any team could have done.

Then theres Kevin Youkilis and Trot Nixon who were drafted by the Red Sox.

Then theres Gabe Kapler and Curtis Leskanic who were available to anyone considering they were both acquired off of waivers.

and finally there is Bronson Arroyo who was selected in the Rule 5 draft, again any team could have done.

So, buddy, get a f***in clue before you get yourself in an argument and make yourself look like an idiot.

I have opened my eyes, and I realize that there is no way you can prove that fan base A has the most die-hards, and fan base B has the fewest...it's unprovable, if you will.

Like I said. Go to Boston, checkout a game, talk to some fans, drink a couple beers.

Best Baseball Town in the country, I guarantee it, period.

Like I said.  Go to Boston, checkout a game, talk to some fans, drink a couple beers.

:lolhitting Not saying this is all fans but this woman I was talking to at Fenway claimed...

"Trot Nixon is great on defense, he covers 1/3 of the outfield!"

Go to Boston, checkout a game, talk to some fans, drink a couple beers.

Been there and done that. Your clearly biased, red sox fans are a lot like cub fans whether you want to admit it or not, sure there are some very knowledgeable bosox fans, one of my best friend is a very smart bosox fan but a lot of them are very common to most cub fans.

Settle down there. Just ignore him no need to call him a piece of s***

I think i've made it clear what pushes my buttons and if you don't know its people who jump to conclusions without knowing dick about what there talking about and I didnt call him a piece of s***.

Jeez R and W, you used to be cool around here, now your honestly just trying to piss people off it seems.

To me, every thread being hijacked by punks saying s*** about the Red Sox with no merit or moral behind it is just out to get me going and pissed off.

Besides Manny Ramirez, Keith Foulke, and Johnny Damon no one else has been quote on quote bought.

Pedro Martinez, Curt Schilling, Orlando Cabrera, Jason Varitek, Derek Lowe, Alan Embree, Doug Mirabelli, Scott Williamson, BK Kim, Mark Bellhorn, Dave Roberts, Doug Mientkiewicz, Mike Myers, and Terry Adams were all acquired via trade something that any team could have, would have, and should have done.

Then there is David Ortiz, Pokey Reese, Bill Mueller, Kevin Millar, Mike Timlin, and Pedro Astacio who were all given chances by the Red Sox, something any team could have done.

Then theres Kevin Youkilis and Trot Nixon who were drafted by the Red Sox.

Then theres Gabe Kapler and Curtis Leskanic who were available to anyone considering they were both acquired off of waivers.

and finally there is Bronson Arroyo who was selected in the Rule 5 draft, again any team could have done.

So, buddy, get a f***in clue before you get yourself in an argument and make yourself look like an idiot.

You are forgetting one little thing. The Red Sox have a payroll of $120 million and can afford to keep all of these players at the sametime, while pillaging them off of rosters of teams who can't afford them. Why in their right minds would the Diamondbacks have trading Schilling? Or the Phillies for that matter? Because they couldn't afford him. Why did the Expos trade Pedro? Because they couldn't afford him. Why did the Twins nontender David Ortiz? Because they couldn't afford him. Why did the Expos deal Cabrera? Because they knew they couldn't afford to resign him in the offseason. Why did the Twins trade Doug M? Because they had a younger cheaper prospect to replace him with. Why did Keith Foulke ever leave the A's, because they couldn't give a closer $21 million over 3 years. Why did Manny leave Cleveland? Because the Indians couldn't offer anything close to 20 mil a year for 6 years. Have you noticed a theme here?

All of these trades and FAs are the result of financial problems of another team. It is easy to look like a genius when only one team in all of baseball can afford to outspend you. To me the Red Sox and the Yankees are the same organization. They make their playoff appreances on the backs of economically poor organizations. That does't impress me at all.

JR is just a cheapskate is all.

that's such a copout.

NY's attendance is 3.775M people.

White Sox attendance is 1.93M people.

NY attendance is roughly twice what the sox are. Average tix prices in NY out weigh thouse in Chicago by about 40%... Georgy boy has the largest TV contract of any team in baseball. All of this adds up to a whole lot more money to spend.

The fact is that JR is not cheap, he spends a greater percentage of his revenue than the Yankees do.

BoSox attendance is 2.83M people.

Boston's average ticket price is over twice what it is for the White sox. They draw more fans than the Sox, and they have a payroll about double the White sox. JR spends a greater percentage of his revenue than the BoSox do.

Boston is cheating their fans. NY is cheating their fans. Don't play the JR is cheap card.

Edited by The Cheat

Been there and done that.  Your clearly biased, red sox fans are a lot like cub fans whether you want to admit it or not, sure there are some very knowledgeable bosox fans, one of my best friend is a very smart bosox fan but a lot of them are very common to most cub fans.

Don't Ever Compare Cub Fans To Red Sox fans. Ever.

Last season when Bartman interfered, everyone wanted to blame him. How about blaming the players? When Pedro got rocked in Game 7 last season I blamed Pedro and Grady Little for our failure, not some damn fan!

Also the fact that more fans would be heart broken if Wrigley fell to the ground than if Steve Bartman interfered with a ball...

ugh... I can't believe you'd even compare the two teams, ridiculous.

:puke

You are forgetting one little thing.  The Red Sox have a payroll of $120 million and can afford to keep all of these players at the sametime, while pillaging them off of rosters of teams who can't afford them.  Why in their right minds would the Diamondbacks have trading Schilling?  Or the Phillies for that matter?  Because they couldn't afford him.  Why did the Expos trade Pedro?  Because they couldn't afford him.  Why did the Twins nontender David Ortiz?  Because they couldn't afford him.  Why did the Expos deal Cabrera?  Because they knew they couldn't afford to resign him in the offseason.  Why did the Twins trade Doug M?  Because they had a younger cheaper prospect to replace him with.  Why did Keith Foulke ever leave the A's, because they couldn't give a closer $21 million over 3 years.  Why did Manny leave Cleveland?  Because the Indians couldn't offer anything close to 20 mil a year for 6 years.  Have you noticed a theme here?

All of these trades and FAs are the result of financial problems of another team.  It is easy to look like a genius when only one team in all of baseball can afford to outspend you.  To me the Red Sox and the Yankees are the same organization.  They make their playoff appreances on the backs of economically poor organizations.  That does't impress me at all.

good post :headbang

that's such a copout. 

NY attendance is roughly twice what the sox are.  Average tix prices in NY out weigh thouse in Chicago by about 40%... Georgy boy has the largest TV contract of any team in baseball.  All of this adds up to a whole lot more money to spend.

The fact is that JR is not cheap, he spends a greater percentage of his revenue than the Yankees do.

Boston's average ticket price is over twice what it is for the White sox.  They draw more fans than the Sox, and they have a payroll about double the White sox.  JR spends a greater percentage of his revenue than the BoSox do.

Boston is cheating their fans. NY is cheating their fans. Don't play the JR is cheap card.

great post :headbang

that's such a copout. 

NY attendance is roughly twice what the sox are.  Average tix prices in NY out weigh thouse in Chicago by about 40%... Georgy boy has the largest TV contract of any team in baseball.  All of this adds up to a whole lot more money to spend.

Boston's average ticket price is over twice what it is for the White sox.  They draw more fans than the Sox, and they have a payroll about double the White sox.  JR spends a greater percentage of his revenue than the BoSox do.

That is an excellent post. Great detail and depth.

We're White Sox fans, what says we have to like the Red Sox? :huh

You don't have to like the Red Sox. Infact, hate them for all I care. I just think not liking the Red Sox for the reasons that you guys have given me are ridiculous.

SS2k4, I will reply to your post after I finish up my potato and chicken.