Israel 'worried over world image'

Texsox

bbc news link

A secret Israeli report warns Israel's world image could fall as low as South Africa's during the apartheid era in the next decade, local media report.

Israeli army radio said the report had been prepared by the foreign ministry.

The station said the report's main finding was that Israel could end up being regarded as a pariah state.

It said the report, which focuses in particular on Israel's relations with Europe, says Israel and the EU could find themselves on a collision course.

I think the truth is, image always matters in the world. No state can acheive everything on their own. Cooperation is easier to get if your allies actually like you.

Which means Israel will never have a chance in the world. Long before this battle with the Palistinians, anti-semitism has had a strong hold in the world.

1. Israel has very few, if any, allies in the EU and/or UN.

2. The BBC has been (is) historically anti-Israel, take what they say with a grain of salt.

Every publication is anti-semetic in I4E's eyes...so take that last post with a grain of salt.

Which means Israel will never have a chance in the world.  Long before this battle with the Palistinians, anti-semitism has had a strong hold in the world.

Hate has been around forever. Anti-this and Anti-that.

Shall we go down to the Colluseum tonight and watch them feed Christians to the lions?

The New York Times and Jerusalem Post cite HonestReporting's effectiveness in countering anti-Israel media bias and causing a real improvement in Mideast coverage.

HonestReporting has been successful in shaking up the media and putting them on alert. Journalists think twice, knowing they will be held accountable for inaccurate and misleading information.

Join HonestReporting.com and

help Israel win the media battle.

An orginization that will reprimand columnists for disagreeing with Israel.

This is disgusting. Believe it or not people are allowed to have their opinions about Israel's policy in the region.

I have two very close jewish friends, I enjoy jewish food, I have attended several barmitzvahs, and my great grandmother was an Austrian Jew who immigrated to America. I disagree with Israel's policies, I am not anti-semetic, I want to become a journalist.

If I ever get a letter from this orginization, I will kindly right back. "Focus on stopping anti-semitism in the world. Stop trying to coerce the world to back Israel by using labels such as 'anti-semite' as blackmail against columnists who show respect to Jewish people and their religion.."

An orginization that will reprimand columnists for disagreeing with Israel.

This is disgusting.  Believe it or not people are allowed to have their opinions about Israel's policy in the region. 

I have two very close jewish friends, I enjoy jewish food, I have attended several barmitzvahs, and my great grandmother was an Austrian Jew who immigrated to America.  I disagree with Israel's policies, I am not anti-semetic, I want to become a journalist. 

If I ever get a letter from this orginization, I will kindly right back.  "Focus on stopping anti-semitism in the world.  Stop trying to coerce the world to back Israel by using labels such as 'anti-semite' as blackmail against columnists who show respect to Jewish people and their religion.."

They do not only reprimand columnist for disagreeing with Israel; much of what they do is to point out instances wherein the media say or write things that can be interpreted as anti-Israel WITHOUT FACTUAL BASES.

I wish you the best of luck in your future as a journalsit, 1549, I only hope that you don't ever ignore facts just to get your point across.

BTW, which of Israel's policies are you in disagreement with? The one in which they seek to protect their citizens by destroying terrorsts and the threat of terrorism?

I am exploring this site further...

rachel.jpg

The site put the Associated Press on the dishonerable mention list in part for distributing the above photo of Rachel Corrie who was killed by an Israeli bulldozer.

The site says that the picture gives readers the impression that this was the moment she was killed, when actually she was not in view.

I am read the The New York Times (a newspaper the site loves) daily, and it published the very same photo.

Something tells me that this photo was chosen because it shows Rachel Corrie protesting not because the AP is anti-semetic.

The site also put the Washington Post on the dishonerable mention. The first reason they list: in an article Israeli settlers and palestinian suicide bombers were both called extremist. Why the site says this is a terrible statement: "HonestReporting investigated, but has yet to find any cases of Jewish suicide bombers."

I , however, don't let my feelings/opinions get in the way of facts.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh hey I4E, did Israel ever apologize to the humanitarian group that they claimed was transporting missiles in ambulances yet it was proven to be a false claim by the Israeli government? [happened just recently -- Haaretz tore the lie a new asshole]

Where's that on Honestreporting.com?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Oh hey I4E, did Israel ever apologize to the humanitarian group that they claimed was transporting missiles in ambulances yet it was proven to be a false claim by the Israeli government?  [happened just recently -- Haaretz tore the lie a new asshole]

Where's that on Honestreporting.com?

Where have you been, Apu?

I think it was just proven that the UN has been hiring (AND TRANSPORTING!) Hamas terrorists (AND THEIR WEAPONS!) in UN ambulances!

BTW...I don't read Haaretz too much, it's a liberal rag!

Where have you been, Apu?

I think it was just proven that the UN has been hiring (AND TRANSPORTING!) Hamas terrorists (AND THEIR WEAPONS!) in UN ambulances!

BTW...I don't read Haaretz too much, it's a liberal rag!

Actually international media and most people in the media industry found that initial claim to be 100% bunk.