Rockies Players Available

Old Socks

The Denver Post reported today that the Rockies are shopping both outfielder Preston Wilson and pitcher Bobby Chacon.

Preston Wilson, who had two knee surguries this year, can flat play, if healthy. He has a huge contract that the Rockies had to take when they got rid of Mike Hampton, but the Rocks would probably give him away and pay half his salary, like they did with Walker and will do with Charles Johnson if anyone wants him. I think he is due to make $12MM, which is another testamonial to the stupidity of General Managers in general, but that's another subject. IF his knee is okay, he would supply a lot of offense, good right field defense, and he hustles, and he would put our other overweight outfielder on the bench.

Chacon had a horrible year, yet he has big league stuff. He is second year arbitration eligible, and the rocks think he would command $3MM or so, and they need to get rid of him. If used correctly, he is a lot better than some of the guys we used this year.

The Denver Post reported today that the Rockies are shopping both outfielder Preston Wilson and pitcher Bobby Chacon.

Preston Wilson, who had two knee surguries this year, can flat play, if healthy.  He has a huge contract that the Rockies had to take when they got rid of Mike Hampton, but the Rocks would probably give him away and pay half his salary, like they did with Walker and will do with Charles Johnson if anyone wants him.  I think he is due to make $12MM, which is another testamonial to the stupidity of General Managers in general, but that's another subject.  IF his knee is okay, he would supply a lot of offense, good right field defense, and he hustles, and he would put our other overweight outfielder on the bench.

Chacon had a horrible year, yet he has big league stuff.  He is second year arbitration eligible, and the rocks think he would command $3MM or so, and they need to get rid of him.  If used correctly, he is a lot better than some of the guys we used this year.

Pass on Both. Wilson is a K machine ;)

Yes, Wilson is a K machine...but he was the NL RBI champ in 2003. If Colorado is willing to take on salary, then I think we should listen. He's definately an upgrade over Timo or Borchard. And of course, Coors contributed to the RBI's but 141 (or whatever it was) is a helluva lot to discount. Uribe made a nice transition from Colorado.

I think Chacon may have been an AS in 2003. Their is potential there. However, the Rockies moved him to closer to protect his arm as he was high-risk for injury. And his saves from 04 should push his salary to 3m or so, which would easily overprice him for his numbers. If he could start, he could have significant upside....but I don't think he's worth the risk.

yeah, I forgot about Helton. He's good too. Right now though, this team needs Pierre more then they do Helton.

I also think that Jeff Francis is gonna be a stud pitcher. Give him one or two more years and he could win 20 games, even in Colorado.

Ya i would say helton is decent since he is in the top five most dangerous hitters in baseball. No one will ever win twenty in colorado unless if they get on average of 8 runs to back them up.

Yes, Wilson is a K machine...but he was the NL RBI champ in 2003.  If Colorado is willing to take on salary, then I think we should listen.  He's definately an upgrade over Timo or Borchard.  And of course, Coors contributed to the RBI's but 141 (or whatever it was) is a helluva lot to discount.  Uribe made a nice transition from Colorado.

I think Chacon may have been an AS in 2003.  Their is potential there.  However, the Rockies moved him to closer to protect his arm as he was high-risk for injury.  And his saves from 04 should push his salary to 3m or so, which would easily overprice him for his numbers.  If he could start, he could have significant upside....but I don't think he's worth the risk.

Isn't that what many are whinning about ? too many power hitters? No to Preston and his coors inflated Numbers