British leftists finally go too far.

NUKE_CLEVELAND

Anyone else hear about this? Over the weekend the British rag newspaper "The Guardian" basically advocated the assassination of President Bush.

"The world will endure four more years of idiocy, arrogance and unwarranted bloodshed, with no benevolent deity to watch over and save us," he continued. "John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr. -- where are you now that we need you?"

They were forced to retract their story and delete it from their website but god damn people, disagree with the man if you want to but this is just way over the top.

Anyone else hear about this?  Over the weekend the British rag newspaper "The Guardian" basically advocated the assassination of President Bush.

"The world will endure four more years of idiocy, arrogance and unwarranted bloodshed, with no benevolent deity to watch over and save us," he continued. "John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr. -- where are you now that we need you?"

They were forced to retract their story and delete it from their website but god damn people,  disagree with the man if you want to but this is just way over the top.

The Guardian isn't a rag. It's actually one of the highly respected papers.

In the last week I have seen it advocate electoral fraud and Presidential assassination.  That doesn't do much for me personally.

Advocating vote fraud and assassination are views of a "respectable" paper according to APU. If they were for offing John Kerry or disenfranchising convicted felons then he and every other leftist nut out there would be stomping up and down demanding action.

Advocating vote fraud and assassination are views of a "respectable" paper according to APU.  If they were for offing John Kerry or disenfranchising convicted felons then he and every other leftist nut out there would be stomping up and down demanding action.

No we wouldn't, we understand satire. We have to put up with the hate speech, mocking, and lies from the hours and hours of GOP talk shows everyday. I am constantly bombarded with GOP cheerleaders talking about how liberals do not care about America, are indiots, environmental wackos leftist wack jobs, etc. Yet I support their right to speech. And of course they claim it's the left that is trying to divide America.

I believe most republicans do not have a problem with a do as I say, not as I do mentality. That same mentality bothers most Dems. I find it very hypocritical to complain about a newspaper article when we spend millions of dollars and send CIA agents into other countries to affect their elections.

No we wouldn't, we understand satire. We have to put up with the hate speech, mocking, and lies from the hours and hours of GOP talk shows everyday. I am constantly bombarded with GOP cheerleaders talking about how liberals do not care about America, are indiots, environmental wackos leftist wack jobs, etc. Yet I support their right to speech. And of course they claim it's the left that is trying to divide America.

I believe most republicans do not have a problem with a do as I say, not as I do mentality. That same mentality bothers most Dems. I find it very hypocritical to complain about a newspaper article when we spend millions of dollars and send CIA agents into other countries to affect their elections.

So when Fox released that satire it wasn't OK, but this is? Where are all of the people who shouted down Fox at?

Yah I still don't know what he's talking about. :bang

It's a comment from the Bizzaro World suggesting that the state of American health care is better than Canadian health care.

I'd say there are at least 45 million Americasns who would strongly disagree. That's about 1 in 5, and that's the number of Americans with no health care coverage.

Who needs %$#&*% socialized health care and universal access for every citizen anyway!

It would be ironic if Canada bails us out of our flu shot shortage and then we still don't let Canadian prescription drugs in because of 'concern over their safety,' no?

It's a comment from the Bizzaro World suggesting that the state of American health care is better than Canadian health care.

I'd say there are at least 45 million Americasns who would strongly disagree.  That's about 1 in 5, and that's the number of Americans with no health care coverage.

Who needs %$#&*% socialized health care and universal access for every citizen anyway!

It would be ironic if Canada bails us out of our flu shot shortage and then we still don't let Canadian prescription drugs in because of 'concern over their safety,' no?

My comment was completely in green. The only socialized health care system that even begins to work is the singapore model. That's where we should look for answers. Life long Medical Savings accounts with survivorship will save America's health care problem. The actual health care costs I paid this year would have been 1/4th the ammount I potentially contributed. Why pay for "coverage"? That doesn't make sense, when we can just pay for our actual expenses.

and it's funny that his anti-american "f***ing douche bag president" comment gets no remarks, by my clearly joking comment about health care does?

glad to know moderators are held to higher standards.....f***ing douche bag

Whoah..

Re nobody coming down on Kip for the douche bag comment - the President is a public figure, and he and all other figures in the public eye get that and worse on non-significant corners of the web like this all the time. You cannot equate calling Bush, Kerry, Reagan, Clinton, Sean Penn... or whoever a f***ing douche to doing the same to a private individual in the course of what is supposed to be a civil debate.

I don't know if you were around for the various Reagan threads here after his death, but some folks were outraged when others called Reagan, another public figure, whatever equivalent to f***ing douche they happened to use at the time. Just as often it is Kerry, Clinton, or whoever, and just as often someone else is getting bent out of shape over it. It's stupid all around – these are public figures and people are going to say what they want to about them.

It is entirely different when it is a personal attack between individuals, and I don't think I need to draw that out any further.

as for calling me (apparently) a f***ing douche for not reigning in Kip's comments about the President, but putting it in the old green font so then it's "just a joke" in a passive-aggressive BS kind of way... I have yet to lose any sleep over anything anybody has called me online, so whatever. At the same time, If anybody use invectives and personal attacks on another poster (not our douchebag President) during the course of an exchange, they should not be surprised if they caught flack for it.

As for your health care jab being in green – sure, but the tone is condescending more than sarcastic/ironic – a "shut up Canuck, and go wait in line two days for your eyeglasses" kind of tone.

Still, I think the your comment AND the tone are absolutely fine in this forum. Kip didn't quite follow the line of thought and I opined that there are a lot of people who would take a topheavy and somewhat innefficient healthcares system with universal coverage and minimal out of pocket expense over a topheavy and equally innefficient system that allows 20% of its citizens to go without and forces the rest to endure costs that are spiraling out of control.