ESPN/USA Today names KU number 1

dont listen to that; im not sure we're good enough to be top 3 but #5 seems appropriate i guess; our inside presence is augustine anyways and he is going to have a beatly season

I agree and I was not calling out anyone but that guy who posted that.

you and cheat and addison and whitesoxfan99 all know your s***.

This guy's comments were dumb.

dont listen to that; im not sure we're good enough to be top 3 but #5 seems appropriate i guess; our inside presence is augustine anyways and he is going to have a beatly season

I agree. Teams can't just be ranked so high because someone is a fan. I think it comes down to if Dee is 100% or not. 5 is pretty solid. I just wonder what the State boys will do. I don't want to see them ranked in the top 10 yet really, I just am glad we don't face the same schedule as last year, because Neitzel would be f***ed.

1 through 5 is all the same in the preseason, so don't pay attention to it. History is the only real way they rank them that high up.

Also, in response to the Illini having no inside game, please save those comments to yourself, as you are making yourself sound stupid.

Augustine never impressed me, and he spends the entire first half on the bench with two fould most of the time.

Augustine never impressed me, and he spends the entire first half on the bench with two fould most of the time.

If they make the elite 8 with augustine as the top big man on the team i will be shocked. They did not not address the problem they had last year so that will still have the same problem they will have thyis year.

If they make the elite 8 with augustine as the top big man on the team i will be shocked. They did not not address the problem they had last year so that will still have the same problem they will have thyis year.

Why would you say that? Nick Smith added 25 pounds and we added a huge, bruiser type top 75 freshman. I'm sorry but I don't know how you can adrees that problem much better.

Augustine, going into his 3rd year, grew up a lot last season and big men in college usually see their fouls steadily decline in their junior year. He was also supposely a standout at the top big man camp this year.

Why would you say that? Nick Smith added 25 pounds and we added a huge, bruiser type top 75 freshman. I'm sorry but I don't know how you can adrees that problem much better.

Augustine, going into his 3rd year, grew up a lot last season and big men in college usually see their fouls steadily decline in their junior year. He was also supposely a standout at the top big man camp this year.

I like nick smith but he is nothing special. Augustine will be our main force defensively in the paint and that is not extremely comforting. I am not sayng won't be good but i think it is unlikely that they will be final 4, elite 8 good. Which i have heard people predict for the illini this year.

Do any of you guys really think are defense in the paint will be good enough to get farther than last year in the tournament.

I like nick smith but he is nothing special. Augustine will be our main force defensively in the paint and that is not extremely comforting. I am not sayng won't be good but i think it is unlikely that they will be final 4, elite 8 good. Which i have heard people predict for the illini this year.

Do any of you guys really think are defense in the paint will be good enough to get farther than last year in the tournament.

If our guards didn't play mediocre last year against Duke we may have won that game. I just point this out because i don't think we lost because of our inside defense, really.

Is our inside game a strength? No. Is it terrible? No.

No college team i know of has an absolutely dominant inside and outside game. Teams have their strengths and weaknesses, and we have ours. Will our backcourt make up for it? Will Augustine and Smith improve from last year? I guess we'll find out.

The number 5 ranking is fine with me. Really doesn't matter too much. I think Wake should be #1, but again, doesn't make a difference at this point. Everything is on paper and nothing's been played yet.