Talkin Baseball

quickman

Ok, i thought I would see this thread but it appears nobody added yet. Talkin baseball is on right now on am 1000. A couple of notes I have taken so far:

Per Bruce Levine:

1) Ross Gload is not an everyday First baseman. Sox will look for one if konerko gets traded. Gload is a nice part time player. I completley agree and have said that many times on this board. Good to see that others feel the same way.

2) Sox will not get Randy johnson, he will want another year and possibly two at 16 million per. Sox won't do that.

3) Good decision not to give Vizquel the third year.

wow this must all be true then, because Bruce never says anything that is wrong....A little piece of advice to anyone who takes him seriously..."never trust a man with a lisp, especially when it comes to sports"

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow this must all be true then, because Bruce never says anything that is wrong....A little piece of advice to anyone who takes him seriously..."never trust a man with a lisp, especially when it comes to sports"

Hey says, what he hears. Not his fault if something falls though.

Hey says, what he hears. Not his fault if something falls though.

If you believe that he is saying everything that he hears, and nothing else, then you are sadly mistaken. I would say over 50 percent of what he, and other broadcasters say are their opinions on issues (see Jay Mariotti) this is how they try to gain credibility of their knowledge. How do you think the rumors get started about issues that never come about, its because someones opinion was misleading. Bruce Levine is one of the major rumor starters

I have no idea if your directing your comments to me or the board in general, but I am just reporting what I hear on the radio. I could care less if anyone else believes it.

If you believe that he is saying everything that he hears, and nothing else, then you are sadly mistaken.  I would say over 50 percent of what he, and other broadcasters say are their opinions on issues (see Jay Mariotti) this is how they try to gain credibility of their knowledge.  How do you think the rumors get started about issues that never come about, its because someones opinion was misleading.  Bruce Levine is one of the major rumor starters

Here's what I think happens. You hear a name come up in talks with someone involved in the organization. You have this information and other information so you piece it together to what you believe could be a plan of action.

For example, quite often I post how I think the Sox will look at RJ and try their best to get him. I think they will wait on all other moves until the RJ thing settles or the Sox reach their deadline on waiting, which I believe will be right around the arbitration/non tender deadline (so that gives you somewhere between Dec 7th and the 15th).

IF the Sox can't get RJ, then I look for them to help the Yanks get RJ and add Vazquez. It seems that New York wants RJ bad and they will send cash the Sox way along with Vazquez for some pieces that could help make the deal.

How did I get to this, by reading and hearing different things and piecing stuff together based on past moves by this organization and quotes.

However, I never for one instant thought much of the reports that the Sox were interested in Christian Guzman and I still think those were bs reports. The Vizquel reports were obvious. Their are quotes from Omar himself saying he felt he'd be a White Sox but the Giants offered the 3rd year and that was that.

A guy has to fill hours of radio time with sports related talk. What's he supposed to say ..... "I have heard some rumors and have some ideas as to what might happen based on those rumors, but I can't say anything about it because it's not fact yet and I have my journalistic integrity to consider."

Nope. They are paid to talk about what they are hearing from their sources and to speculate on possible moves the teams might make. That's what sports talk radio is all about.

You just have to take it for what it is, and not rely on any of it as a sure thing.