*Official* College Basketball Thread

Unfortunately i was only able to check in on the game every few minutes today. So i can't comment too much on it.

Did we just play that bad or did iowa play that good?

From what i saw, we played one sloppy ass game.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 04:54 PM)
Unfortunately i was only able to check in on the game every few minutes today.  So i can't comment too much on it.

Did we just play that bad or did iowa play that good?

From what i saw, we played one sloppy ass game.

Iowa's D was good today, but you're right they played a sloppy game.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 01:01 AM)
Salukis win at Kent State. Looked awful on offense for the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half, falling behind by 5 after being up 12 at half, but pulled it together to win by 10.

Good game for the Salukis. Unfortunately, not so much luck for Wichita State. Northern Iowa handled Western Michigan, taking them to 19-8.

The conference is very good this year. It is not just top heavy with two good teams.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
Good game for the Salukis.  Unfortunately, not so much luck for Wichita State.  Northern Iowa handled Western Michigan, taking them to 19-8. 

The conference is very good this year.  It is not just top heavy with two good teams.

Rex, you and I are the only ones watching the MVC. Think all 3, SIU, Northern Iowa, and Witchita State can make the big dance? Or just 2?

I see all 3 possibly making it since there are some major conferences that will take less teams than usual, like Big 10 who may only get 3 teams.

I'm following the MVC but my team, ISU, is on a losing streak right now. Hopefully they can end it tonight at UW-Green Bay.

As for the amount of bids we get, I think it will depend on who wins the conference tournament and gets the automatic bid. If SIU or Wichita State win it I think they'll be the only 2 to get in but if UNI, ISU, or Creighton, etc. win it I think they would have to take WSU and SIU along with the tourney winner. Who knows though, there's still a lot to be determined in these last few weeks.

Just got back from Iowa City. I don't know if anyone could tell on TV, but we missed the first 2:30 of the game. All 3 of our buses were on campus at 10:30, and they all got lost and we didn't get there til 11:15 and the game had started. We gave em hell from then on, though, hopefully you could hear it on TV. There was a lot of orange besides us there. It was pretty sweet.

Good to grind out another win on the road like that. I told my friends on the way there that the only way they beat us was if Haluska or Horner got hot, and look what happened...they both started to hit some shots, especially Haluska.

Also, the refing was pretty shady today.

Have fun in the NIT, Jason... :chair

ILL

INI

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
Just got back from Iowa City. I don't know if anyone could tell on TV, but we missed the first 2:30 of the game. All 3 of our buses were on campus at 10:30, and they all got lost and we didn't get there til 11:15 and the game had started. We gave em hell from then on, though, hopefully you could hear it on TV. There was a lot of orange besides us there. It was pretty sweet.

Were there really 4,000 Illini fans there? Thats what they said on TV.

QUOTE(The Bones @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 01:39 AM)
I'm following the MVC but my team, ISU, is on a losing streak right now. Hopefully they can end it tonight at UW-Green Bay.

As for the amount of bids we get, I think it will depend on who wins the conference tournament and gets the automatic bid. If SIU or Wichita State win it I think they'll be the only 2 to get in but if UNI, ISU, or Creighton, etc. win it I think they would have to take WSU and SIU along with the tourney winner. Who knows though, there's still a lot to be determined in these last few weeks.

I agree, I think it depends on how the rest of the season finishes and how the conference tournament plays out. The problem is that each of them play each other still, so there will be losses to be had, by at least 2 of the 3. My guess is that two get in. If UNI wins the conference tourney, I could see Wichita St. getting squeezed out, especially if they lose another to SIU or UNI in the next three games.

I had a basketball game tonite, but I was wearing my lucky ISU shirt and socks (which now hold a 5-0 record). Stinson is just that good. It's crazy when you realize ISU can play a much better game than that. Gotta prepare for a good A&M team that won at Colorado. It makes me feel REAL GOOD inside when I realize Stinson is a sophomore.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 03:30 AM)
I agree, I think it depends on how the rest of the season finishes and how the conference tournament plays out.  The problem is that each of them play each other still, so there will be losses to be had, by at least 2 of the 3.  My guess is that two get in.  If UNI wins the conference tourney, I could see Wichita St. getting squeezed out, especially if they lose another to SIU or UNI in the next three games.

It looks like the SIU vs. Witchita State game in a week or so at the SIU Arena could be for the MVC title. I'd love to get down there and go. Haven't been to a game since college.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
Heads thank you for beating the crap out of Self

More than happy to do it. I cheered for the Illini today. I'll continue to do so unless they play State. You think you guys might get behind Iowa State? :D It's always fun just cheering for another team like that.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
More than happy to do it. I cheered for the Illini today. I'll continue to do so unless they play State. You think you guys might get behind Iowa State? :D It's always fun just cheering for another team like that.

against kansas?

you bet we're cheering for you.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 10:34 PM)
Anybody else see BC beat Cuse and then storm the court? BC is ranked higher (6 vs 9 for Cuse) and it was on their home floor yet their idiotic fans stormed the court. That's just stupid and sad.

Boston fans. Typical.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 19, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
Heads thank you for beating the crap out of Self

State didn't beat them beacuse Stintson is a great player. They won because Morgan pwned Self.

ISU shortened the game with long possesions, full court trap, and an ameoba zone. KU looked dumbfounded. Come to think of it, it was the same look they had in the championship game a couple years ago vs. Cuse.

The players made their best attempt to lost that game in the last 1:30 of regulation.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 11:23 AM)
Hoosiers visit Ann Arbor today at 2:30.  Game is on CBS.  Brian, care to make a wager?  lol

Bracey's STILL only doubtful at best for today's game.... <_>

This from the IDS on Friday...

It is uncertain whether or not IU will take on the Wolverines without leading scorer Bracey Wright, who went down Feb. 2 with an ankle sprain and has been sidelined since.

"I doubt it," Davis said about the possibility of Wright playing Sunday.

Wright has been shooting recently and even dressed for the Ohio State game Tuesday but did not see any action. He is listed as questionable for Sunday's game.

Edited by greasywheels121

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Feb 20, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
State didn't beat them beacuse Stintson is a great player.  They won because Morgan pwned Self.

ISU shortened the game with long possesions, full court trap, and an ameoba zone.  KU looked dumbfounded.  Come to think of it, it was the same look they had in the championship game a couple years ago vs. Cuse.

The players made their best attempt to lost that game in the last 1:30 of regulation.

Of course, having Stinson didn't hurt.

It's no coincidence between what you mentioned and the fact that Morgan was a Boeheim assistant at Cuse.

I read an Aaron Miles quote from after the game where he stated the Zone just dumbfounded him.