Randy's not coming here

thomsonmi

From http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

One player he won't be pursuing is Randy Johnson, who has made it clear he doesn't want to pitch for the White Sox. The 41-year-old left-hander appears to want to leave the rebuilding Arizona Diamondbacks to pitch for a contender, but he also has a no-trade clause.

"I've been told he won't pitch on the South Side of Chicago," Williams said

From http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

One player he won't be pursuing is Randy Johnson, who has made it clear he doesn't want to pitch for the White Sox. The 41-year-old left-hander appears to want to leave the rebuilding Arizona Diamondbacks to pitch for a contender, but he also has a no-trade clause.

"I've been told he won't pitch on the South Side of Chicago," Williams said

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

Not bad at all, IMO. Screw him. Lets win in spite of him and make him sorry he didn't come here.

Glass half full people..  :cheers

Actually the glass is completely full. The deal that would have brought him here was a loser from day one and would have hurt the team more than it helped.

Actually the glass is completely full.  The deal that would have brought him here was a loser from day one and would have hurt the team more than it helped.

Some don't agree with that. My post was for them.

FWIW.. I agree with you. Didn't like it one bit. :ph34r:

How bad are the Sox if Randy would rather stay in Arizona than come here??

I don't see where he has ever indicated that he'd rather be in Arizona then Chicago. I've just seen that he does not want to be in either place

He doesn't want to stay in Arizona nor does he want to go to Chicago. He wants to go to a contender. If you were in one of the last years of your career, would you want to go to a team that has finished in second or third place 4 straight years?