Random Thoughts

fathom

- If KW goes into camp with Grilli or Schoeneweis as his number 5 starter, he deserves to be fired on the spot. To make the same mistake 3 straight seasons would be inexcusable.

- Just say no to the Vazquez trade if it involves Garland and Konerko. Vazquez makes a fortune, and the high amount of innings he's pitched during his career sure looked to catch up with him last year.

- If Maggs were to go to the Cubs, it would make KW and the Sox look like s***, even though a lot of Sox fans realize that one of the smartest things KW has done in his career was to let Maggs go. There was no possible way a mid-payroll team like the Sox could afford a high-priced injury risk like Ordonez.

- If the Brewers trade Kolb to the Cubs, the NL Central should have to fold. How can you have a division where two of the teams are basically the farm system for another (Pirates and Brewers for the Cubs).

- My dream scenario for the rest of the Sox offseason would be to non-tender Timo Perez, sign Mark Grudz for one year deal (1.75 mil), and to sign a number 3 type starting pitcher (no realistic names pop up)

I'm trying to stay up late tonight to get my work done, so why am I reading this s***? :huh:

- If Maggs were to go to the Cubs, it would make KW and the Sox look like s***, even though a lot of Sox fans realize that one of the smartest things KW has done in his career was to let Maggs go.

What's your point?

Basically, the media will laugh at the Sox and praise the Cubs for signing Maggs, even though there was no way the Sox should have brought him back for the 12 million plus he wanted after he got hurt. At that amount of money, he was too much of a risk. The reason I said it was a good move by KW is because there was a lot of pressure on him by Sox fans to sign Maggs, but he realized it was in the team's best interest not to, and to end their relationship with Ordonez.

Also, KW had a 5 man rotation put together for the 2003 season.

Buehrle (19-12)

Colon (20-8)

Garland (12-12)

Wright (14-12)

Loaiza (9-10)

Not only that, he tried to sign Kenny Rogers, put JR wouldn't pony up the extra 1 million to get his services from Scott Boras.

Also, KW had a 5 man rotation put together for the 2003 season.

Buehrle (19-12)

Colon (20-8)

Garland (12-12)

Wright (14-12)

Loaiza (9-10)

Not only that, he tried to sign Kenny Rogers, put JR wouldn't pony up the extra 1 million to get his services from Scott Boras.

True, but KW sat on his ass while Danny Wright won one of his 15 starts on his way to posting a 6.15 ERA. We're all Sox fans here, and we just want a team where the 5th starter isn't a liability. There's nothing worse than the feeling of looking at the probable pitching match-up and knowing that the Sox have a very minimal chance at winning cause the 5th starter is going...wait, maybe seeing Koch come in for the 9th inning is worse!

True, but KW sat on his ass while Danny Wright won one of his 15 starts on his way to posting a 6.15 ERA.  We're all Sox fans here, and we just want a team where the 5th starter isn't a liability.  There's nothing worse than the feeling of looking at the probable pitching match-up and knowing that the Sox have a very minimal chance at winning cause the 5th starter is going...wait, maybe seeing Koch come in for the 9th inning is worse!

Well now you are just backtracking.

He was trying to get a starter right around the time of the Everett and Alomar trades in early July. How many teams do you think want to deal a starting pitcher in June? :huh:

There were reports about the Sox almost getting weaver from the Yanks, but the Sox didn't want to give up Cotts. What about Hawk's trade that "will knock your socks off?"

I want a complete 5 man rotation as much as anyone, but sometimes you have to cut corners to fill out that rotation, especially if you're working for the White Sox. That could result in Robert Personor giving an invite to Carlos Castillo. :puke I can't figure out for the life of me why Reinsy wouldn't give up the other $1 million to get Rogers. :headshake

- If KW goes into camp with Grilli or Schoeneweis as his number 5 starter, he deserves to be fired on the spot.  To make the same mistake 3 straight seasons would be inexcusable.

- Just say no to the Vazquez trade if it involves Garland and Konerko.  Vazquez makes a fortune, and the high amount of innings he's pitched during his career sure looked to catch up with him last year. 

- If Maggs were to go to the Cubs, it would make KW and the Sox look like s***, even though a lot of Sox fans realize that one of the smartest things KW has done in his career was to let Maggs go.  There was no possible way a mid-payroll team like the Sox could afford a high-priced injury risk like Ordonez.

- If the Brewers trade Kolb to the Cubs, the NL Central should have to fold.  How can you have a division where two of the teams are basically the farm system for another (Pirates and Brewers for the Cubs).

- My dream scenario for the rest of the Sox offseason would be to non-tender Timo Perez, sign Mark Grudz for one year deal (1.75 mil), and to sign a number 3 type starting pitcher (no realistic names pop up)

You seem to care more about the cubs then the White Sox. Who gives a s*** the way the sox are portrayed by the media.

- If KW goes into camp with Grilli or Schoeneweis as his number 5 starter, he deserves to be fired on the spot.  To make the same mistake 3 straight seasons would be inexcusable.

- Just say no to the Vazquez trade if it involves Garland and Konerko.  Vazquez makes a fortune, and the high amount of innings he's pitched during his career sure looked to catch up with him last year. 

???

:headshake

Why do people get thrashed here when they state there opinion on cheapo's ownership? :huh

But many here praise dumb trade idea's that will never happen ;)

I don't get it :huh

I think it has more to do with how they say it, as to what they are saying. For example, when someone who has no professional baseball experience whatsoever, to say nothing of budgets and running a business, thinks they have all the answers and think they'd be a great GM, then the fact that anyone that has a differing opinion is talked down to like a piece of s***, then yes, they'll get thrashed.