Sox talking to Oakland?

Mr. Showtime

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, that's one more year than BMac is guaranteed to pitch for us folks.

I like developing players but when the real deal is available you don't let it go for a maybe.

Well, lets say McCarthy has a 20% chance of becoming the pitcher hudson is.

He has 6 years in which he pitches for us for very little cost and if he does become a hudson we have 6 years of it. I wish i could get into this more detalied but im getting tired.

Uh, that's one more year than BMac is guaranteed to pitch for us folks.

I like developing players but when the real deal is available you don't let it go for a maybe.

Thats a good point and I respect it but you have to consider more in depth things instead of flat out, there are no guarantees in prospects.

First off, Beane has stated that he will not give a "window of opportunity" to a team in order to try and extend Hudson's contract, so that is out. KW would just have to gamble after feeling out JR about it.

Also, including BMac is OK with me, but as stated earlier, then we have to hang on to Garland.

I'm tired too and believe me I'm a guy who believes that teams need to invest in their minor league systems and scouts. Especially if you operate on a limited budget like the White Sox do. But, if you can aquire a guy like Hudson you go for it. That's just one guys opinion.

Now I know why Billy Beane will not allow teams an opportunity to negatiate an extention with Hudson. It would curtail Beane's options significantly. The Washington Post is reporting that Hudson has listed 15 teams that he is opposed to joining, one of which is NOT the Orioles. So, there is better than 50% chance that any particular team is on that list (15 out of a remaining 28 teams), and therefore would have a difficult extending Hudson beyond 2005. KW better be careful on this one.