Sox talking to Oakland?

Mr. Showtime

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check that Mulder had a surgery on his hip in 2003. It was technically a stress frecture near his right hip that caused him to miss part of the 2003 season. Last season he was absolutely dominant through the first half of the season and then something happened cause he was brutal down the stretch.

Hudson' missed some starts with a strained left stomach muscle. He was back in the beginning of August. He was placed on the DL at the end of June.

Hudson's 3 year splits show that his ERA is .76 worse away from home.

Home: 2.69

Road: 3.45

Not too shabby. Also, he just gave up 8 homers in 188 innings this past season.

he just gave up 8 homers in 188 innings this past season.

That's unbelievably good.

The price for Hudson will be high, very high. Lots of contending teams need exactly what he brings.

Personally, I don't think the Sox have what Oakland wants and needs. JMO.

That's unbelievably good.

The price for Hudson will be high, very high.  Lots of contending teams need exactly what he brings.

Personally, I don't think the Sox have what Oakland wants and needs.  JMO.

I tend to agree, unless of course a 3 way deal with Oakland, Bmore and the Sox. I'm sure Oakland would love to get their hands on Carlos Lee or even Paul Konerko.

Here me out here, I'll give two scenarios.

Paul Konerko, Brian Anderson, Felix Diaz

Sox Get: Tim Hudson, Jay Gibbons

A's Get: Erik Bedard, Brian Roberts or Jerry Hairston, and Felix Diaz

Orioles Get: Paul Konerko and Brian Anderson

You could change it with the A's getting Anderson and the O's Diaz or Munoz or whomever.

Option Two:

Carlos Lee, Felix Diaz

Sox Get: Tim Hudson, Jay Gibbons

A's Get: Erik Bedard, Brian Roberts or Jerry Hairston, Jorge Julio or BJ Ryan

O's Get: Carlos Lee and Diaz or Munoz

I think the A's wold make those deals, especially the first one if they got Bedard, Roberts, Anderson...maybe even someone else.

I figure the O's will be happy to give up Gibbons since they plan on non-tendering him and the Sox can just take him now and work out a deal with him. Don't know how do-able it is, but I could see some possibilities.

Only thing is you know the A's would really love to get Hudson on their own, but if they fall short they still may want to get involved. I would definately see them giving up quite a bit to get Lee.

I believe we would have to begin with B'Mac/Garland and Lee/Konerko and try to keep Anderson or Sweeney out of the deal. As Gammons said this morning, this is this year's Curt Schilling and Beane is not the fool the D'backs are.

If we are thinking of giving Garland and Konerko for Vazquez, we have to think Lee and Garalnd for Hudson.

Hudson, Buerhle, Garcia, Contreas is nice.

Give up any three position players in this organization not named Rowand and any pitcher not listed above or named Shingo to get in the mix.

I'd also talk to the Brewers about Kolb, Sheets and Podsednik.

I believe we would have to begin with B'Mac/Garland and Lee/Konerko and try to keep Anderson or Sweeney out of the deal.  As Gammons said this morning, this is this year's Curt Schilling and Beane is not the fool the D'backs are.

If we are thinking of giving Garland and Konerko for Vazquez, we have to think Lee and Garalnd for Hudson.

Hudson, Buerhle, Garcia, Contreas is nice.

Give up any three position players in this organization not named Rowand and any pitcher not listed above or named Shingo to get in the mix.

I'd also talk to the Brewers about Kolb, Sheets and Podsednik.

I think the deal for Vazquez would only have us trading Paulie. Otherwise, I like the post.

As far as the Brewers, Doug Melvin will not be trading Sheets or Kolb. He has made it very clear that he would have to be blown away by an offer to even consider trading Kolb. He has done a fantastic job with that club and we won't see a Brewers "garage sale" like we saw from the Bucs a few years ago.

I think the deal for Vazquez would only have us trading Paulie.  Otherwise, I like the post.

As far as the Brewers, Doug Melvin will not be trading Sheets or Kolb.  He has made it very clear that he would have to be blown away by an offer to even consider trading Kolb.  He has done a fantastic job with that club and we won't see a Brewers "garage sale" like we saw from the Bucs a few years ago.

Let's hope so, Hendry seems hellbent on geting Kolb at any cost. And the inflated minor league talent (Sergio Mitre, Kyle Farnsworth, Nick Jackson) may get him.

The Brewers have a nice nucleus and the cub is turning into a franchise that risks the minor league system to win now, which you can do with a $20M payroll. God I hate the cubs.

Bean loves KW..

Bean: Wait you want this player.. OKay but give us our best player and we give you a rundown hack ok

KW: OK

Is that how the Bradford-Olivo trade went down? :rolly

BTW, who is "Bean," and why would he tell KW to "give us our best player?"

:huh:

Why would we give up Lee AND Garland? Wouldn't that eliminate the purpose of setting the rotation? We better get two SP if we deal both of them because your not eliminating the hole in the rotation. Sure it improves the rotation but u guys forget to believe we havent made the playoffs because we don't have a 5th starter and if we do this trade we still wont have one.

I am also very worried KW is going to get fleeced and will let Bmac go. Although if we do get Huddy we better have the window for contract extentsion first. Having Hudson at the top of the rotation with Garland being the 5th starter would be totally insane.

Don't know why nobody is mentioning Harris. Obviously he has fallen out of favor with Oz and KW, so he is very available...and considering his average was .262 and his ObP was .343, that tells me he does take walks.

He'd be a perfect #9 hitter in that Oakland lineup, and if he could blossom and become a .280-.300 guy with a .360-.380 OBP, Beane would feel justified.

I think the very best we could come out on this deal is Lee and Harris for Hudson...and we may have to give up more then that.

That being said...Hudson is the pitcher I have wanted most and is the guy I hoped KW would want most. I do feel he could very easily put us over the top. A 1-2-3 of Hudson-Buehrle-Garcia could be the best in the AL, and our rotation could be the best in the majors. Add to that the fact that our bullpen is already very solid, and that we may just have to add a piece or two come June or July, and we are set.

This is one of those trades that I want to see happen so much, yet at the same time, do not want to see happen at all. Part of you almost hopes that some team will come over the top of your offer and can best it, but another part says you do not wish to see that happen.

It would be hard to say bye to CLee...hes a friggin monster. Yet at the same time it is very understandable why we would want to do that.

Whatever happens, happens, I suppose :)

If the Sox deal Harris, I wonder who they look at? Could the Sox, Dodger and A's put together a 3 way deal?

But one team I really think could work out in a 3 way deal is the Giants, who could definately use a bat like Lee or Konerko. And have young pitchers like Jerome Williams who can be given up plus the Sox have a quality 2nd baseman they can deal in Willie.

If the Sox deal Harris, I wonder who they look at?  Could the Sox, Dodger and A's put together a 3 way deal?

But one team I really think could work out in a 3 way deal is the Giants, who could definately use a bat like Lee or Konerko.  And have young pitchers like Jerome Williams who can be given up plus the Sox have a quality 2nd baseman they can deal in Willie.

How many 2nd basemen are we gonna give 'em?

KW might be pissed that the G'ints signed Vizquel out from under him. Or he's chuckling because they offered a 30 yo 3 years.