first game of the year and I'm already frustrated.

CWSOX45

That was PATHETIC. The Royals should never shut out the White Sox this year, I still can't believe that we lost 3-0 to possibly the worst team in the league. Things have to get better, or it's going to be a long season.

CWSOX45

relax, it wasn't our day but we will have plenty.

It was one game out of 162 so don't despair my friend -

hitting is always a bit cold to start the season and we failed to hit timely but that will come - on Wednesday, we crush them, you'll see! So smile! The season is underway and remember we started off haltingly in 2000 too.

That was PATHETIC. The Royals should never shut out the White Sox this year, I still can't believe that we lost 3-0 to possibly the worst team in the league. Things have to get better, or it's going to be a long season.

CWSOX45

Ya know, this might not be such a problem if some of you guys didnt overestimate the sox team. Theyre an 85 win team, at best.

CWSOX45

Ya know, this might not be such a problem if some of you guys didnt overestimate the sox team. Theyre an 85 win team, at best.

no way dude. that's barly beter then last year. they have a much better team this year.

CWSOX45

no way dude. that's barly beter then last year. they have a much better team this year.

They do? They have a worse lineup, better pitching, and teh same pathetic defense. I addition, those f***ing morons running this team just refuse to address the fact that their lineup is way too heavy in right handed hitters. Jose Valentine is a pathetic SS and carlos Lee is a worse LF. Sorry for the rant but i just get damn tired of seeing the sox lack the same s***, year after year after year.

CWSOX45

They do? They have a worse lineup, better pitching, and teh same pathetic defense. I addition, those f***ing morons running this team just refuse to address the fact that their lineup is way too heavy in right handed hitters. Jose Valentine is a pathetic SS and carlos Lee is a worse LF. Sorry for the rant but i just get damn tired of seeing the sox lack the same s***, year after year after year.

The heavy righty lineup bothers me, but i dont think it's weaker.

Lee Has a sissy arm in LF, but made less errors last year. Lee impressed me with his pitch selection at the end of last season.

Rowand Bothers me in CF. He gets a bad jump on the ball a lot. Maggs, Lee, Crede, Konerko are just getting better every year.

Valentin will make some errors, but his clutch bat and good base running instincts make up for a lot of it. Eitehr way. I'll take him over the problem child Clayton.

The weakest part of that lineup imo is 8-9 . Crede's batting 7th. How many teams would he hit 7th on? If Borchard can learn to cut down on K's the defense would improve and i'll bet he's up by the break. The main part is the pitching though. It's a hell of a lot better then it was last year. I dont see Garland taking a step back either.

Frank Thomas will have a monster year too. He's looking for a rasie.

I really dont see how this team is near equal to last year. One of the real weak spots ont eh team is Maunuel. he plays people for the hell of it. Letting Hosh Paul on teh roster was the Sox's yearly roster f*** up.

I can see at least 90 wins.

CWSOX45

Lee Has a sissy arm in LF, but made less errors last year. Lee impressed me with his pitch selection at the end of last season.

Rowand Bothers me in CF. He gets a bad jump on the ball a lot. Maggs, Lee, Crede, Konerko are just getting better every year.

Valentin will make some errors, but his clutch bat and good base running instincts make up for a lot of it. Eitehr way. I'll take him over the problem child Clayton.

The weakest part of that lineup imo is 8-9 . Crede's batting 7th. How many teams would he hit 7th on? If Borchard can learn to cut down on K's the defense would improve and i'll bet he's up by the break. The main part is the pitching though. It's a hell of a lot better then it was last year. I dont see Garland taking a step back either.

I really dont see how this team is near equal to last year. One of the real weak spots ont eh team is Maunuel. he plays people for the hell of it. Letting Hosh Paul on teh roster was the Sox's yearly roster f*** up.

90 wins is possible but thats what is frustrating. We have talent but as long as all we have is a bunch of RH hitters and a pathetic defense, we arent gonna do crap IF we make the playoffs. I LIKE Jimenez at 2b. Teams dont make the playoffs(or go very far) with a combination of Alomar/valentin/rowand up the middle. Not to mention that butcher in LF.

There are some days you can really tell this team lacks motivation.  There in lies the frustrating days...

That too. I am hoping that improves with teh departure of guys like Lofton and Durham.

Me too. I hope having the young guys on the roster helps. Plus I have read that Koch is a real clubhouse guy too.

And I have kept reading players (even Frank) saying how great this clubhouse is. So I am keeping my fingers crossed for now!

Don't fret yet.

Sure we were pathetic, but the R's starter Runlys was really nasty.

He impressed me when he whiffed Maggs looking and went 3-0 on some Sox hitter and ended up getting him out

with no problem.

I thought we played s*** but it's one game.

We sure didn't look like winners today, but at least Mark B. pitched well enough to win.

It is amazing, however, that it always looks on paper like we're gonna have a potent offense but

while I'm not panicking I sure hate when instant out Alomar is in the lineup.

I will be dismayed if we lose all three. We need to win one of three at least.

A sweep would be bad.

Don't fret yet.

He impressed me when he whiffed Maggs looking and went 3-0 on some Sox hitter and ended up getting him out

with no problem.

We sure didn't look like winners today, but at least Mark B. pitched well enough  to win.

It is amazing, however, that it always looks on paper like we're gonna have a potent offense but

A sweep would be bad.

Thats another frustration. The pitcher we faced today absolutely sucks. I get so tired of Hawk making the no name pitchers out to be the second coming.

Don't fret yet.

with no problem.

We sure didn't look like winners today, but at least Mark B. pitched well enough  to win.

A sweep would be bad.

Thats another frustration. The pitcher we faced today absolutely sucks. I get so tired of Hawk making the no name pitchers out to be the second coming.

Well, in all fairness, what's Hawk's alternative? He can't say "this pitcher sucks, why can't they get any runs?", so he's gotta be more PC and say "this guy's bringing it today". And a lot of times, that what happens -- we seem to run into no name guys that try to make a name for themselves at our expense. It's really odd, because our offense is very good, but it seems to happen an inordinate amount of times.

Don't fret yet.

with no problem.

We sure didn't look like winners today, but at least Mark B. pitched well enough  to win.

A sweep would be bad.

Well, in all fairness, what's Hawk's alternative? He can't say "this pitcher sucks, why can't they get any runs?", so he's gotta be more PC and say "this guy's bringing it today". And a lot of times, that what happens -- we seem to run into no name guys that try to make a name for themselves at our expense. It's really odd, because our offense is very good, but it seems to happen an inordinate amount of times.

He doesnt have to say they suck and he doesnt have to pretend theyre good. Whats wrong with just calling the game. He is the worst pbp guy in baseball.

CWSOX45

Woa! Is this RPS here? BACKING my Carlos? Kool! :headbang I completely agree with RPS here. The Sox will be all right this year. They just have to get past the start-of-the-season jitters.

Welcome, CWSOX45! BTW, I love the # you have after CWSOX! He's my man!!!