fifth starter

BamaDoc

Like many I am concered about our pitching. Any trade costing us Garland still doesn't give us a number five. Personally, I wish we could add a 2-3 level starter and have Contreras as the five. I am scared of his inconsitancy at 3. Anyway we keep hearing about Grilli as five. Depending on the need for a fifth due to early scheduled off days/weather would we be better having Schoeneweis as a spot starter and extra bullpen lefty before joining the rotation. This might decrease the wear on his arm. Although he appeared selfish late in the year, he was quite effective early. I know Ozzie likes innings from his starters but a inning/pitch limit might keep him healthy.

shoey is a little punk... yes.

shoey is a whining b-i-t-c-h... yes.

shoey was 7 - 1 and looked great at the start of 2004.... yes

he would have probably been about as good if he could have stayed healthy.... yes

if he is healthy now, and comes at the right price.... i say yes... bring him in and el duque and let them both start if needed... they both are good pitchers if healthy, but both have health troubles... so if they both arent having to carry full loads... i dont see why they both wouldnt be able to make at least 15 starts.

Well leave to KW to screw up the new season before it starts

I guess KW doesn't learn from the mistakes huh?

Schoey will start out great for the first month and 1/2 then fade, only leaving the question of why we didn't secure the postion..

:dips***

Schoeneweis got hurt after he was pitching well throughout May. Are you trying to blame KW for Scott getting hurt? :huh:

:dips***

Schoeneweis got hurt after he was pitching well throughout May.  Are you trying to blame KW for Scott getting hurt?  :huh:

Dude, your one of those numbers guys... Hmm look at his numbers from May on in his career.. They make Grilli look like a CY young candiate. He a bulpen guy, anyone who thinks diffeently is a :dips*** .

Compared to Grilli Shoey is Cy Young...

If he's 100 % again then i'd give him the first crack.

Of course i'd still be looking to kill KW for stabbing us in the back on that C Lee deal... :angry:

I like the fact that we're trying to go more for speed and defense with Posednik but that extra cash has got to get put to use to solidify the rotation.