Mulder to the Cards

chisoxgeo

Why?

If any of these pitchers do turn out to be great, when they are peaking the A's are going to have to get rid of them anyways.

Slash and burn technique can turn out very bad.

And I think Zito might be moved as well, if your going to implode might as well try and sell players off so that the younger players can get some experience.

SB

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Beane wanted to move Zito instead. This is pretty shocking.

The A's have had attendace issues the past few years and I can't help but think this will complicate things even more.

I never would have thought both of these guys were moved in one season. I have to give a thumbs down to Beane on this one.

Of course you would be pissed.

How would you feel if management conceeded next season by trading two excellent starting pitchers for prospects?

First we need 2 Excellent SP...Then I could talk to you about that

I would take a year or 2 of bad years to have a bad ass team...Hell we have waited this long so far.. why not longer?

First we need 2 Excellent SP...Then I could talk to you about that

I would take a year or 2 of bad years to have a bad ass team...Hell we have waited this long so far.. why not longer?

How would you feel if the sox traded either freddy or mark for either of the packages oakland got back, I know I'd be f***in pissed off.........

Of course you would be pissed.

How would you feel if management conceeded next season by trading two excellent starting pitchers for prospects?

You are probally right. But i would not be crying about it. They got damn good prospects and haren and calero have done pretty well in the majors. I would be happy that they at least got something rather than let them walk in free agency. You know?

guys beane "knows what he's doing"

i use quotes cuz im not 100% sure on this but i have a feeling we'll be looking back at these trades with a different perspective than we have now...

Beane may not be the baseball god they say he is but he still isnt an idiot.

You are probally right. But i would not be crying about it. They got damn good prospects and haren and calero have done pretty well in the majors. I would be happy that they at least got something rather than let them walk in free agency. You know?

Mulder has another year left on his contract after this year. Calero is a solid reliever and I think that's what Haren is also going to end up being, I don't think he'll ever be a good big league starter, jmo. I'm not to familiar with the catcher they got even though iirc he is pretty good but Kendall is under contract for a couple more years, to me this trade makes no sense. Like Keith said, prospects are prospects, who knows how they'll turn out.

guys beane "knows what he's doing"

i use quotes cuz im not 100% sure on this but i have a feeling we'll be looking back at these trades with a different perspective than we have now...

Beane may not be the baseball god they say he is but he still isnt an idiot.

KW has a habit of making those he deals with look like baseball geniuses

If Kenny traded Buehrle and Garcia, and got the same prospects and return, your telling me you wouldn't be pissed?

I know I would be...

How would you feel if the sox traded either freddy or mark for either of the packages oakland got back, I know I'd be f***in pissed off.........

I would not be pissed if it helped our overall needs down the road..The problem with comparing us and them.. They have a farm system we don't, they know how to produce talent, and has a GM that makes great trades..they relaize that right now that they are not going to win, so retool for a bigger push, something the we should have done about 2 years ago. WE keep trying the rent-a-player and failing with it.

Well, this begs the question: Will Zito get moved?

Any takers?  I think he stays put.

Hell, I'd take Zito, regardless of his last few years.

I'd stay away from Zito.

JMHO, I could be dead wrong, but I think Zito is a pitcher's park pitcher. I know all pitchers are going to get killed pitching at US Cellular, but I think Zito really wouldn't do well here.

I'd like him, but not at what it's going to cost this team...

Mulder has another year left on his contract after this year.  Calero is a solid reliever and I think that's what Haren is also going to end up being, I don't think he'll ever be a good big league starter, jmo.  I'm not to familiar with the catcher they got even though iirc he is pretty good but Kendall is under contract for a couple more years, to me this trade makes no sense.  Like Keith said, prospects are prospects, who knows how they'll turn out.

Cruz is a stud too.

I'd stay away from Zito.

JMHO, I could be dead wrong, but I think Zito is a pitcher's park pitcher.  I know all pitchers are going to get killed pitching at US Cellular, but I think Zito really wouldn't do well here.

I'd like him, but not at what it's going to cost this team...

Well, I think its moot anyway. Looks like Beane isn't dealing with any AL teams. I am certain an AL club would have been able to offer more for both Huddy and Mulder.

If Kenny traded Buehrle and Garcia, and got the same prospects and return, your telling me you wouldn't be pissed?

I know I would be...

If it was the last year of there contracts and the future did not look very promising i wouldn't be pissed. Why not restock with players that will come up and have immediate impact? If we were able to cash in with some big name prospects i would be all for it in a heartbeat.

If it was the last year of there contracts and the future did not look very promising i wouldn't be pissed. Why not restock the with players that will come up and have immediate impact? If we were able to cash in with some big name prospects i would be all for it in a heartbeat.

It isn't the last year of Mark's contract.