Todays Game Thread

Chisoxfn

ok, bottom of the 5th ......

Bartolo nails the batter on the wrist on an 0-2 pitch.....yikes....one on...

Tucker up....fly ball to left, Carlos makes the catch...

Randa next....good player....an unselfish vet....he takes the count to 3-0....come on Bartolo!....walk.....f***...

Sweeney up......yikes.....man on first and second....ball hit to right, and the wind keeps it from being trouble...Ordonez makes the catch...two down....

Ibanez up and takes a 98 mph fastball for strike one....man on first and third....second strike at 99 mph...f***!!! he hits a 99 mph fb down the rightfield line for a double...a tomahawk job.....one in, man on second and third.....we're down 3-2

Brown up....wondering why these guys are getting around Colon's 99 mph stuff..never remember ANYONE getting around Nolan's 99 stuff....hmmm....anyway, Brown fly's out to right for the third out....only one run given up....

down 3-2 going into the sixth....wonder what Colon's pitch count is.....

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

colon has maybe 1 more inning in him the who do we bring in from the pen???

i say wunsh,marte,koch in that order.

I'm not so sure Colon will be pitching the next inning.

me either i said that while his pitch count was at 80 now it is at 96 with him still facing a batter

What was his average per game last year..? Wasn't it up around 110?

Sigh, this is gonna be a long season. Buehrle and Colon are supposed to be two of the best pitchers in baseball and yet here the Royals are beating up on both of em. I cant stand this team. High expectations every single year and they always blow it. Now Cy Affeldt is gonna shut down our offense for the rest of the game. What has happened to this offense and this team? We were supposed to have the leagues best offense but so far in 14 innings weve scored two runs off Jeremy fricken Affeldt and Runelvys Hernandez! I cant put up with this...

You're a f***in moron.

Sigh, this is gonna be a long season. Buehrle and Colon are supposed to be two of the best pitchers in baseball and yet here the Royals are beating up on both of em. I cant stand this team. High expectations every single year and they always blow it. Now Cy Affeldt is gonna shut down our offense for the rest of the game. What has happened to this offense and this team? We were supposed to have the leagues best offense but so far in 14 innings weve scored two runs off Jeremy fricken Affeldt and Runelvys Hernandez! I cant put up with this...

You're a f***in moron.

Oh boy.. here we go. Deep breaths guys..

I hope JM gets the boot. He never does anything right. If it was Joe Randa in that situation I bet he woulda walked him and pitched to Sweeney. But if its Ibanez who is a grea hitter with no protection at all, he goes straight to him.

And what is up with Colon? The only guys hes gotten out today are the Ken Harveys and the Dee Browns and he hasnt even done that consistently. Welcome back Todd...

Dee Brown flies out to right field to end the threat. Bartolo through 5 innings has threw 97 pitches. We may see Gary Glover next inning. :huh:

Bottom of the 5th

-Berroa goes to an 0-2 count the gets HBP

-Tucker Flies out to left

-Randa walks

-Sweeney flies out to right Berroa moves to 3rd

-Ibanez doubles Berroa scores Randa moves to 3rd

-Brown flies out to Right

3-2 Royals after 5.

You're a f***in moron.

calm down there dont be calling little kids names now.

I hope JM gets the boot. He never does anything right. If it was Joe Randa in that situation I bet he woulda walked him and pitched to Sweeney. But if its Ibanez who is a grea hitter with no protection at all, he goes straight to him.

And what is up with Colon? The only guys hes gotten out today are the Ken Harveys and the Dee Browns and he hasnt even done that consistently. Welcome back Todd...

O.K. now you are a moron. colon is nothing like ritchie, but i agree JM needs to go.

You're a f***in moron.

Its what has happened isnt it? We always make horrible pitchers look great and we always get high expectations and then stink. So whats youre problem with it? Let people vent, especially when the team looks this pathetic...

O.K. now you are a moron. colon is nothing like ritchie, but i agree JM needs to go.

He and Buehrle both stunk against a lousy team. They both better get their act together or this season is doomed!

Good job Maggs and Konerko. Way to start a rally!

What is the matter with this team? They do this every year. Just watch. Theyll throw themselves completely out of the race and then theyll catch on and start playing really well. Hey its not that hard to figure that out. Its what theyve done for the last two years...

He and Buehrle both stunk against a lousy team. They both better get their act together or this season is doomed!

Good job Maggs and Konerko. Way to start a rally!

What is the matter with this team? They do this every year. Just watch. Theyll throw themselves completely out of the race and then theyll catch on and start playing really well. Hey its not that hard to figure that out. Its what theyve done for the last two years...

I know you're just ranting, sure buehrle didn't have his best stuff but he by no means stunk.

You're a f***in moron.

I agree...this is the 2nd game of the season.....take it easy, will ya?!!!

Maggs grounds to third, one out in the top of the 6th...

Paulie next up....in the hole 0-2...boy....Aflac looks like f***ing Cy Young out there.....Paulie grounds out for out number 2....

Carlos at the plate...takes the count to 3-0...and there's ball 4.......

Grimsley starts to work in the pen....

Crede up....come on, Joe....let's poke one out of here.....well.....Pena pulls Aflac after the walk and brings in Grimsley...thank God he's out of there....

You have to give Pena some credit for putting together what appears to be a very improved Royals team...they appear to take our pitchers deep into the count, they run well and their pitchers have been throwing strikes....so far after a 19-10 spring and a 1-0 season, they appear to have gotten themselves on track....

Two down for Joe.....quickly 0-2......and a called third strike.....

we're off to the bottome of the sixth down 3-2....

You're a f***in moron.

Its what has happened isnt it? We always make horrible pitchers look great and we always get high expectations and then stink. So whats youre problem with it? Let people vent, especially when the team looks this pathetic...

Now I have to waste my time and explain to you why you are a moron, fine. Buehrle got "beat up" alright. Wow, 7 innings and 2 earned runs, cut his ass now. Colon allows 3 runs in one f***ing start, his first start, and now he sucks too. We are 2 f***ing games into the season and the Sox already "blow it" according to you. That's not venting, that's being a dumbass. If you want to b**** about how we haven't put up any offense in the first 2 games, fine. Everything else you said is completely idiotic and makes you look like a complete moron. If you "can't put up with this team" any longer then I don't think anyone would mind if you stopped following them.

Called out looking Joe? You know how pathetic that is? Ugh. I get sick just thinking about this team!

And I know its the second game of the season but how can I be at all optimistic when we score two freakin runs in 16 innings off of Jason Grimsley, Jeremy Affeldt and Runelvys Hernandez? You cant be. And yeah. Buehrle and Colon didnt stunk but they could have done better. Actually, giving up three runs in five innings is not very good. But hes still going so he could turn this into a decent outting. Just lets hope our offense gets its so-far pathetic act together...

Bottom of the 6th...Colon still in there with White and Wunsch warming up in the pen...

...fly to center, one away...

Desi Arnez Relaford thrown out by Graffy for a quick two outs....

Bartolo's pitch count up to 102...

Mayne up....quickly 0-2..pop up to Konerko to end it...

Still down 3-2 heading into the seventh....