"One More Piece of the Puzzle"

beck72

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remind me again why Anaheim is done with Eck. Who is their infield? Why do they have no interest in him?

I'm sure the Angels would like him back at a reduced salary, but I think there are more than a couple teams who would pay him more than Anaheim, and at least one comes to mind right off the bat ( St. Louis ) who would probably want him to start.

Why would Willie sulk?

If anything, whenever hes been put on the bench, all hes ever done is give 100% and not complained.

I think there will be plenty of AB's for both Eck and Willie, because Willie can play against RHP, and Eck against LHP. Also Eck can play for Uribe, and Uribe can play for Crede.

So we could have different line ups depending on who we are facing:

Willie 2b

Uribe SS

Crede 3b

Eck 2b

Uribe SS

Crede 3b

Willie 2b

Eck SS

Crede 3b

Willie 2b

Eck SS

Uribe 3b

4 players splitting time between 3 positions will give them all chances to play, and even better for us, we can take advantage of match ups, and hopefully prevent Crede, Uribe, Willie from prolonged slumps.

And I think Willie will be a good lead off hitter one day, he is still developing. But he has very good discipline and works counts very well.

SB

IMHO, Willie should rarely start unless he's giving Uribe a rest. Quite frankly, I want Eckstein at short and Uribe at 2B. And the less of No Hit Willie I see, the  better.

I agree 100%, like I said yesterday, Eck is a SS, Uribe is PRIMARILY a 2B, but it's fine with me if Uribe needs rest and we put Willie at 2B. Just keep Eck at SS.

Eckstein has an awful arm thats why i want him at second.

Is it that bad??? C'mon, we dealt with horrible throws from Valentin for like 5 years, Sure, he had a strong arm but still, I'd rather deal with a weak arm than an inaccurate arm. BTW, he sure seemed to make all the thorws against us.

Is it that bad??? C'mon, we dealt with horrible throws from Valentin for like 5 years, Sure, he had a strong arm but still, I'd rather deal with a weak arm than an inaccurate arm. BTW, he sure seemed to make all the thorws against us.

Uribe is a great defensive shortstop who has an absolute cannon, if we get eck we're doing things backwards if Juan is at 2b and eck is at ss, Juan has more range and a rocket for an arm, where as Eck has a weak arm. If we get eck it's an easy decision to move eck to 2nd.

Uribe is a great defensive shortstop who has an absolute cannon, if we get eck we're doing things backwards if Juan is at 2b and eck is at ss, Juan has more range and a rocket for an arm, where as Eck has a weak arm.  If we get eck it's an easy decision to move eck to 2nd.

Thats true but I would want him to be comfortable here and remember, he's still not signed yet. If we told him we want him at secind, he might spurn us and go somewhere else to start at SS.

Thats true but I would want him to be comfortable here and remember, he's still not signed yet. If we told him we want him at secind, he might spurn us and go somewhere else to start at SS.

Then let him go! Spurn away! Since when do we roll out the red carpet for 360 OBP players that can't hit worth shiet? Some of you talk about Eck like he was Ozzie Smith or something.

He was non-tendered by the Angels because they said no thank you we don't need you any more.

I'd rather spend the money on G Zaun who's team is saying damn we really need you

but I don't know if we can guarantee you the starting C spot or meet your salary demands.

it seems to me like cora would not be that much of an improvement on willie. on the other hand eck should be more versatile, while brining leadership and experience. he has a ring, right? i just don't see any reason why we would pursue cora if we've already got willie. aren't their stats pretty close?

it seems to me like cora would not be that much of an improvement on willie.  on the other hand eck should be more versatile, while brining leadership and experience.  he has a ring, right?  i just don't see any reason why we would pursue cora if we've already got willie.  aren't their stats pretty close?

Your right he wouldnt be much of an improvement. Their BA were about the same last year. Cora has always had a higher OBP though. Eck would be a more suitable upgrade.

Let's just compare them shall we:

A 72 Eckstein, David ANA R 4.24RPG 92R 156H 2HR 35RBI 16SB 42W 188TB 566ABS 211OB 415OUTS .671 OPS

VS. LEFT: .279 / .697 VS. RIGHT: .274 / .659 HOME: .301 / .740 AWAY: .250 / .600

Among the league leaders in sac bunts, HBP, hit&run, toughest to strike out.

Best suited for 2B with a weak arm & limited range. Sure-handed glove.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

B 30 Cairo, Miguel NYY R 5.25RPG 48R 105H 6HR 42RBI 11SB 18W 150TB 360ABS 137OB 258OUTS .763 OPS

VS. LEFT: .336 / .822 VS. RIGHT: .267 / .730 HOME: .319 / .836 AWAY: .262 / .682

Good FB hitter. Good PH. Decent speed & good instincts. Best pos 2B. Good at turning DPs. Can adequately play SS, 3B, & LF.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

B 49 Cora, Alex LAD L 4.98RPG 47R 107H 10HR 47RBI 3SB 47W 154TB 405ABS 172OB 302OUTS .745 OPS

VS. LEFT: .239 / .758 VS. RIGHT: .267 / .743 HOME: .282 / .750 AWAY: .248 / .739

Slap hitter. Solid DP guy. Excellent 2B. Weak arm for playing SS everyday.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Sorry. You have not convinced me. Cairo is the better overall utility player.

His 11SB in 360ABS his indicative of his decent spped & good instincts.

As I have been saying all along, add G Zaun & Miguel Cairo & were set.

If we can big up another solid RP to fill the 7 player pen were done.

If KW does all that he gets my nod for a quality off-season & considerable upgrade

of the team.

Among the league leaders in sac bunts, HBP, hit&run, toughest to strike out.

Best suited for 2B with a weak arm & limited range. Sure-handed glove.

As I stated earlier, Jugger, I agree with you on Zaun and Cairo. But that quote above is exactly the reason why Eck would make a good fit for the Sox. He'd bring a lot skills to the team that is sorely lacking. Hitting 2nd, playing 2nd ... he'd be an asset.

I really think it'll come down to who the Cardinals want, and the White Sox will get the guy who's left over.

The Cardinals have a starting spot at 2B open, assuming they don't go with Bo Hart. On the Cardinals website, Jocketty says they're working hard on solving the 2B spot but won't have it done by the holidays. Further, it states they'll likely go the FA route vs. a trade.

The Cardinals are probably a more desireable destination for both Alex Cora and Miguel Cairo, seeing as the Cards were in the World Series. Plus, Cairo used to play there and Cora wouldn't have to switch leagues.

The key though, is the Cardinals can offer a starting job, like they did with Eckstein. That means more $$.

I'd expect the Sox to get whomever the Cardinals don't choose. Just a guess.

I really think it'll come down to who the Cardinals want, and the White Sox will get the guy who's left over.

The Cardinals have a starting spot at 2B open, assuming they don't go with Bo Hart.  On the Cardinals website, Jocketty says they're working hard on solving the 2B spot but won't have it done by the holidays.  Further, it states they'll likely go the FA route vs. a trade.

The Cardinals are probably a more desireable destination for both Alex Cora and Miguel Cairo, seeing as the Cards were in the World Series.  Plus, Cairo used to play there and Cora wouldn't have to switch leagues.

The key though, is the Cardinals can offer a starting job, like they did with Eckstein.  That means more $$.

I'd expect the Sox to get whomever the Cardinals don't choose.  Just a guess.

reasonable and quite logical conclusion. Therefore based on your analysis we should offer one of these guys the starting spot.If we don't then we won't get either one of them. As you know, I think Harris blows and we will never win with him. Therefore, its my opinion if we want one of these guys we need to offer them the starting spot. if we don't we will not get either of them.