Fuck off, Manuel

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manuel blows. He never does anythign right. Why the hell are we bunting 3-2 against a 98 mph fastball? Has he completely lost his mind? He should get fired right now. And why did he put White in? We all know White sucks! Why did he wait to put Marte in? That was just pathetic. Youre gonna walk when we win the Series, are you JM? Walk right now and we can win it then...

I'm not upset at the 0-2 start, but I am upset at Manuel's decision to have Graffy bunt the whole at bat. very bad move that is unacceptable. he was too concerned with a DP happening and putting a man in scoring positino for Thomas as opposed to having the one guy who was hitting in the game bat.

Manuel blows. He never does anythign right. Why the hell are we bunting 3-2 against a 98 mph fastball? Has he completely lost his mind? He should get fired right now. And why did he put White in? We all know White sucks! Why did he wait to put Marte in? That was just pathetic. Youre gonna walk when we win the Series, are you JM? Walk right now and we can win it then...

Why not put White in? I guess since he put up a .82 ERA last year with St. Louis, he suddenly sucks.

He didn't bring Marte in until Ibanez came up....to get to the lefty-lefty matchup....that is smart managing.

It's the error that cost us the game....so even though Manuel is a jackoff for having Graffy bunt 2-0, 3-1, and 3-2(which is the dumbest of all), Konerko should be taking the blame....if he catches the ball on that play, Randa's homer is a solo shot, and the White Sox go into the 9th tied up at 4.

Blame Konerko.....if you wanna blame anyone that is.

If manuel REALLY wanted to bunt there, why the f*** wasnt Valentin bunting? isnt he just about the best we have on teh team for that? and can get the extra step to first by bunting lefty?

And i'm sick of the "nice guy laid back manager also. " Get an asskickin motivator in here! Carlton Fisk!

f*** OFF JERRY!

Why not put White in? I guess since he put up a .82 ERA last year with St. Louis, he suddenly sucks.

He didn't bring Marte in until Ibanez came up....to get to the lefty-lefty matchup....that is smart managing.

It's the error that cost us the game....so even though Manuel is a jackoff for having Graffy bunt 2-0, 3-1, and 3-2(which is the dumbest of all), Konerko should be taking the blame....if he catches the ball on that play, Randa's homer is a solo shot, and the White Sox go into the 9th tied up at 4.

Well given how poorly hes hit so far, Id say PK is the perfect target. Bt Im done whining, Im going ouside...

Two games and we're going apes***. This is why I love being a Sox fan, we actually f***ing care. Sickens me that we're 0-2, after facing the f***ing Royals of all teams. Garland better pitch amazingly tomorrow, because we know he is going to get NO run support at all. That, and Miguel Ascencio is pitching tomorrow. I'm sensing another loss.

Why not put White in?  I guess since he put up a .82 ERA last year with St. Louis, he suddenly sucks.

Your point is not without merit. But..... having Gaffenino attempt to bunt with two strikes with a runner on first and nobody out is bad managing. Not to mention the fact that after the count went 2-0 Manuel should have told Gaffenino to wait until he throws a strike before attempting another bunt. Bunting on 2-0 when the pitcher can't find the plate and bunting with 2 strikes is the managers decision..... plain and simple. JM blew any chance the Sox had.

Why not put White in?  I guess since he put up a .82 ERA last year with St. Louis, he suddenly sucks.

Your point is not without merit. But..... having Gaffenino attempt to bunt with two strikes with a runner on first and nobody out is bad managing. Not to mention the fact that after the count went 2-0 Manuel should have told Gaffenino to wait until he throws a strike before attempting another bunt. Bunting on 2-0 when the pitcher can't find the plate and bunting with 2 strikes is the managers decision..... plain and simple. JM blew any chance the Sox had.

I'd agree with that....fully.

I also think RPS had it the right way as well...why the hell wouldn't Jose be up there? He bunts better, hits for more power, is a lefty, hits well when we need him to, and is a good fastball hitter. Given....only 2 of the 5 would have affected him had he bunted.....but if it came to a 3-2 count and Manuel pulled his head out of his ass and realized it was not a bunting situation at that time....then the other 3 come into play....and the bunting part goes out.

I also learned the advantages of having 3 catchers...if that's what you wanna call it

Do we know for sure that Manuel even called for the bunt on 2 strikes?

Players often times make decisions on their own based on what they feel they can accomplish. Perhaps Graff thought he could put down that bunt.

It just seems unlikely to me that Manuel would call for something that is pretty much considered bad managing this early in the season, especially when a win on game 2 isnt a make or break play.

If anything Im more upset with the fact that on 2-0 Graf was bunting and not taking. Let the pitcher get that first strike over if you are bunting, or on 2-0 hit and run hoping that hell throw a fastball and youll hit it to the right side where the defense left.

All in all, 0-2 isnt where I hoped wed be, but if this is the worst we aregoing to play then I have a feeling we are going to win a lot of games.

SB

No marte can go up against righties too he should have pitched the entire inning and dont defend rick white he gives up way to many long balls.

I agree we shouldn't have brought in White, but do we bring in Marte in the 7th inning to face a bunch of righties?  I think we should have brought in Glover. :huh:

Again...why not bring in White? It is the second game of the year, and you gotta get him in at some time. And last year....once he got out of Colorado(thin air), he threw up a .82 ERA with St. Louis in the playoffs. Fast forward to this year....he is terrible in Arizona(thin air).....when he escaped that s*** and went to KC....where the air is not thin....he will pitch better. Given....he didn't exactly make a good pitch to Randa....but you can't expect that to happen.

No marte can go up against righties too he should have pitched the entire inning and dont defend rick white he gives up way to many long balls.

I realize that....but you work to get the lefty-lefty matchup.

I agree we shouldn't have brought in White, but do we bring in Marte in the 7th inning to face a bunch of righties?  I think we should have brought in Glover. :huh:

Again...why not bring in White? It is the second game of the year, and you gotta get him in at some time. And last year....once he got out of Colorado(thin air), he threw up a .82 ERA with St. Louis in the playoffs. Fast forward to this year....he is terrible in Arizona(thin air).....when he escaped that s*** and went to KC....where the air is not thin....he will pitch better. Given....he didn't exactly make a good pitch to Randa....but you can't expect that to happen.

I thought Rick White was supposed to be the long reliever. That sure wasn't a long reliever spot.