Will you accept a NY fan?

FlaCWS

I am a huge NY Jets and Knicks fan, however I never much cared for my "local" baseball teams. In fact I hate them both. I've always followed baseball and love the game but never really had a true "favorite" team. I now want to change that.

Over the past 6 months or so I've been traveling to Chicago a lot on business. I love the city and, since I'll be going there a lot more in the foreseeable future, I'd like to start following one of the teams. I immediately ruled out the Cubs because they are too much of a "trendy" team that people seem to root for because it's the cool thing to do (sort of like the Yankees or the Lakers). Plus I prefer the AL because I hate watching pitchers bunt or strike out.

I started researching the Sox a few weeks back and found this site as a result. I am now registered and look forward to talking baseball with you guys. So the question is, will you accept a NY football and basketball fan onto the White Sox bandwagon?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm a big jets fan too.

from long island, moved to chicago at young age, adpoted bulls, sox, and hawks, but kept the jets.

That is awesome, although I question your sanity for keeping the Jets if there was a choice involved. :-) I've been suffering with them for a long time. Yesterday was very painful.

I am a huge NY Jets and Knicks fan, however I never much cared for my "local" baseball teams. In fact I hate them both. I've always followed baseball and love the game but never really had a true "favorite" team. I now want to change that.

Over the past 6 months or so I've been traveling to Chicago a lot on business. I love the city and, since I'll be going there a lot more in the foreseeable future, I'd like to start following one of the teams. I immediately ruled out the Cubs because they are too much of a "trendy" team that people seem to root for because it's the cool thing to do (sort of like the Yankees or the Lakers). Plus I prefer the AL because I hate watching pitchers bunt or strike out.

I started researching the Sox a few weeks back and found this site as a result. I am now registered and look forward to talking baseball with you guys. So the question is, will you accept a NY football and basketball fan onto the White Sox bandwagon?

Welcome to the board, great to have ya here! :headbang :cheers

BTW - I love Chad Pennington - one of my favorite QB's in the NFL. :headbang

BTW, isn't BeGood also a Knicks fan?

Yes he is, and I believe he is also a Jets fan. Alot of people on this site have their own teams. Posters have their favorite teams on bastketball, football, etc. But we all have one, and the most important thing in common. We are all Whitesox fans. Welcome aboard. :cheers

That is awesome, although I question your sanity for keeping the Jets if there was a choice involved. :-) I've been suffering with them for a long time.  Yesterday was very painful.

i'm not allowed to hold anything in my hands anymore during jet games.

not after the remote, beer bottle, and buffalo wing incidents.

cl961126.gif

yes sir, you have already shown that you are bright  :fthecubs , and i respect the jets, pennington is my favorite QB, although i am a huge steelers fan (go Big Ben). no one likes the knicks, but we can deal. welcome aboard.

welcome!!!!!! Hate the jets cause Pennington killed my college (Miami University) when I was in school...but always welcome another sox fan. :cheers