Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 07:28 AM)
I could buy an RC and a Moonpie for 10 cents. :headbang

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 08:28 AM)
They were $.65 when I was a little kid, how old are you again?

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 10:10 AM)
I was a kid during the depression You do the math.

Ah, the depression between 1920 and 1958, or between 1960 and 1983?

Easy points for figuring out those dates.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 08:05 AM)
They took all the trees and put 'em in a tree museum.

And they charged the people a dollar-and-a-half just to see 'em.

You don't know what you got till it's gone

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 07:39 AM)
I like Coke a lot more than Pepsi, but curiously like Diet Pepsi much more than Diet Coke.  I feel better now for having confided in someone about that.

I'm the same way. But for me, Caffiene Free Diet Pepsi. But if you want to talk about the gods of soda (pop...whatever) world, Cherry Coke is the s***.

Record giants Sony have awarded a 12-year-old boy a staggering $3.6 million (GBP2 million) four-album deal - 20 times more than CHARLOTTE CHURCH was offered when she was his age.

JOSEPH McMANNERS, of Kent, England, is tipped to be the next singing phenomenon to hit the charts with his upcoming album DREAMS.

And although he has never had a music lesson, McManners has wowed Sony with his impressive voice and songwriting prowess.

He says, "I'd be crazy not to take advantage of an opportunity like this.

"But I don't think about the money, I just sing."

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
:puke

He better be something special. If he is nothing more than another f***ing Aaron Carter I will be REALLY disgusted by the music industry.

12-year old, 3.6 million, I'm certain it will be an indie sound without much intrusion from Sony.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 11:37 AM)
12-year old, 3.6 million, I'm certain it will be an indie sound without much intrusion from Sony.

What I mean is Church is an Opera singer. If he is something of the Opera Classical sort, cool. If he is some punk-assed hip-hop rapper/techno pop brat, then f*** them all. :D

McManners was first spotted by a BBC Talent Search in 2004 and was selected from 25,000 children to play the part of 'The Little Prince' in the BBC2 screened opera of the same name. The young singer joined the show alongside another former child star Aled Jones, Sir Willard White and Lesley Garrett. A&R executives from Sony BMG watched him during rehearsals which lead to the record deal for the Kent based singer.

The album features tracks that Joseph has grown up with and include the likes of 'Bright Eyes' from Watership Down by Mike Batt, 'Where is Love?' from Oliver to works by Rutter, Goodall, Franck and Beethoven.

The young singer will be performing in October as part of a Classic FM concert at London's Royal Albert Hall alongside Aled Jones and Joshua Bell. Joseph spoke about the excitement of his new found career saying, "Everything is so exciting at the moment. My school friends back home in Canterbury can't quite believe what I am up to. I can't wait for everyone to hear my new album".

Now we all are experts on the boy, the talent, the myth. :D

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 11:44 AM)
Now we all are experts on the boy, the talent, the myth.  :D

On a related note:

I ran a few real cool guitar leads last night in my basement. My son (who is 2) really seemed to like it. He even asked me to play another song. So I understand exactly what this kid is on about. :P

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
Game 7 of the '97 playoffs....

Stupid Calc test. If that didn't go to extras, I would have missed the entire thing.

if it's a home game and i somehow get tickets, i'm going to flip.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
Game 7 of the '97 playoffs....

Stupid Calc test. If that didn't go to extras, I would have missed the entire thing.

I was at a wedding for the final game of the World Series that year. The videographer luckily had a TV on his camera (or on something) and he was bouncing between fimling the reception and watching the game! LOL!!! I think there were plenty of static camera shots during that reception. :D

Major blackout in Los Angeles has occurred.

“The blackout came a day after ABC aired a videotape of a purported al-Qaida member making terrorist threats against Los Angeles and Melbourne, Australia, on the fourth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.” - Associated Press

Although they don’t know the cause of the blackout, officials are saying it isn’t terror-related. Oh. okay.

EDIT - this was later blamed on a utility worker who accidentally cut a cable. Oops!

Edited by Mercy!

WOOHOO!

Got my new credit card (switched to a Northwest Airlines Card--as I usually fly with them) and, after I make my first purchase I will have enough miles to get a free round trip ticket to anywhere in the Continental 48!!!!!!!! Hurray!

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 12, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
WOOHOO!

Got my new credit card (switched to a Northwest Airlines Card--as I usually fly with them) and, after I make my first purchase I will have enough miles to get a free round trip ticket to anywhere in the Continental 48!!!!!!!! Hurray!

South Padre Island, TX — located on the Gulf of Mexico — provides 34 miles of absolute fun, including a five-mile stretch of pristine beaches and no relatives. A perennial spring break favorite, South Padre Island also offers plenty of great opportunities for the family vacationer and sport fishermen. The Gulf provides a terrific atmosphere for unbelievable deep-sea fishing and plenty of other water activities. Hotels and resorts sponsor spring break contests and events, and Mexico provides another area of exploration, as the border is only 30 minutes away... South Padre Island is the ultimate beach vacation!

No relatives?!?!?!?!?! Hell yes! Sign me up! :D

EDIT: In reality, the free ticket will be used to go to another wedding in my friend's never ending quest to remind me of my singleness. . .

Edited by ChiSoxyGirl