Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 07:53 AM)
I'm 35. When will puberty end and I will STOP getting friggin' zits???

Be thankful, your skin will look more youthful throughout your life if you are still getting an occasional zit. It shows you aint drying out. BTW, 44 and had a nasty one growing on my nose right before a major awards program I was MCing.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 07:52 AM)
Maybe he wasn't in position to invite anyone else, he was asked himself. He may have even suggested you but the other guys turned you down.

Nah, the whole thing is his creation and he pretty much is calling ALL of the shots. Even if he thought he knew my situation, I think an offer should have been on the table. I've always opened the door for him.

Been there done that with the beer drinking thing with him before. I'm tired of it with him pretty much. We had a bit of a falling out before, and cleared it up over beers.

I didn't know that about my skin looking good due to zits. Might explain why I'm so damn good looking.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 08:07 AM)
Nah, the whole thing is his creation and he pretty much is calling ALL of the shots. Even if he thought he knew my situation, I think an offer should have been on the table. I've always opened the door for him.

Been there done that with the beer drinking thing with him before. I'm tired of it with him pretty much. We had a bit of a falling out before, and cleared it up over beers.

I didn't know that about my skin looking good due to zits. Might explain why I'm so damn good looking.

Maybe he never fully got over the falling out?

Cuz you'd think if you're close enough to work together and build houses next to each other, that you'd be included in this kind of opportunity.

I don't blame you for being pissed.

It's up to you if you want to be blunt and find out why you were overlooked, though. He's not gonna come to you about it.

As for the zits, I dunno.....you drinkin' some weird-ass Belgian Chocolate Ale or something???

:D

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 08:30 AM)
My best friend, neighbor, guy I work next to for 8 hours a day, started a company with 2 of his other friends and some guy he met at a bar. The company is taking off, leaving me hanging here at work a bit. Is it wrong that I more or less hate him for having not even bothered to ask me if I wanted in on the opportunity to get in on the company? Like I said, I've known him forever, we built houses next to each other, we work right next to each other. I already told my wife that if he gets rich off it this thing, I will be done with him forever. Is that wrong? He knows many of my struggles, and he knows how much I hate my job. I would think I atleast deserved a "hey...this is what we are doing...do you want in?". Don't you?

I ask this now because once again he is taking time off work for this new business.

I think that is always a tough question with friends and family. So many ideas fall flat on their face instead of taking off, I'd hate bringing friends and family into something that tanked and cost them a bundle. I don't know if that is reflective of the current situation. But Tex is right, so many opportunities are niche opportunities that work well for one guy or a couple, but not for a larger group. Your buddy may also have been looking for partners who could either pony up some startup costs or survive going bust and thought best not to expose you to the risk. I dunno.

Then again, maybe you've drunk waaay too much of his Delirium Tremens over the years and you've been scuttled. :)

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 08:26 AM)
I think that is always a tough question  with friends and family.  So many ideas fall flat on their face instead of taking off, I'd hate bringing friends and family into something that tanked and cost them a bundle.  I don't know if that is reflective of the current situation. But Tex is right, so many opportunities are niche opportunities that work well for one guy or a couple, but not for a larger group.  Your buddy may also have been looking for partners who could either pony up some startup costs or survive going bust and thought best not to expose you to the risk.  I dunno.

Then again, maybe you've drunk waaay too much of his Delirium Tremens over the years and you've been scuttled.  :)

Thing is though, the company is all him and friends. I think he atleast owed me the option to make my own mind up as to if I could afford it. Obviously he isn't worried about losing friendships since it is all friends.

As for the drinking his beer, he drinks much of mine also. :D But good call, as he was the one who got the keg of Delirium Noel last Christmas.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 08:39 AM)
I just stepped on the scale, I'm down 25 pounds from a year ago and none of you noticed.

I'm close to my goal weight, but now I'm thinking I may have to adjust my goal down a bit more.

I just noticed where you are "from"!!! LOL!!! Nice!!!

Changing your goal weight is a b****. I weighed 220 a few years ago, and got myself down to 165. I decided I wanted to go down to 155. I never made it under 165 and have added a little bit on now. I got sick of the treadmill. It's funny, it's all about the exercize. I don't eat bad, but as soon as you stop the running in place, it starts creeping back.

I didn't weigh myself after hitting 220, and I assume I may have gone even heavier. I'm at 195, and though 185 would be good, but I think I may need to drop even lower. The slow drop was walking and watching what I ate. The final push was a nasty flu Tuesday night and not eating for a couple days. It also helps a friend of mine is also working on losing some pounds and we've been encouraging each other.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 08:57 AM)
I didn't weigh myself after hitting 220, and I assume I may have gone even heavier. I'm at 195, and though 185 would be good, but I think I may need to drop even lower. The slow drop was walking and watching what I ate. The final push was a nasty flu Tuesday night and not eating for a couple days. It also helps a friend of mine is also working on losing some pounds and we've been encouraging each other.

Being from Texas can't you just step outside and sweat it all off in about 3 seconds? I've never seen a truely fat armadillo.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 08:59 AM)
I think if I lived in America for a year, I could probably get to 165 from all the food I'd eat (in case you don't know, I'm a little short - ass).  :crying

How short are you? You would have to be really short for 165 to be a lot. I will guess...ummm.....5'3".

Actually Texas was a big part of the weight gain. You can stop pretty much anywhere and get a breakfast taco. I love an egg, cheese, bean, and potato. I imagine there is about 800-1,000 calories in one.

Mexican food in general is laden with fats. And I love creamy stuff. Then there is the being on the road, eating fast food everyday. I figure before I reached home for dinner, most days I was at 2,500 - 3,000 calories. Then I love to cook.

I was walking while playing at the club, but my regular group went a way and I was in a golf cart again. So I was adding calories again.

Little changes I could make stick have made the difference. Cutting back on some foods and walking a bit more. Skipping meals when I am not hungry in favor of a small snack later. Without the snack I would over eat the next meal.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 10:45 AM)
Plus I imagine down there you can't spit without hitting a BBQ shack. That would be my un-doing. Though I have my own pijt and everything...and I'm getting pretty handy with it, so I expect by next year Dom Deluise will be looking trim and fit.

Not as many as further north. We have a couple good ones and Rudy's, the best chain. Plus, I'm usually not too bad at a BBQ joint. 1/2 chicken, rice, beans, onion, pickle, jalapenos, and a sweat tea suits me just fine.

I also have cut way back on the chicken fried steak smothered in white gravy.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 09:53 AM)
Not as many as further north. We have a couple good ones and Rudy's, the best chain. Plus, I'm usually not too bad at a BBQ joint. 1/2 chicken, rice, beans, onion, pickle, jalapenos, and a sweat tea suits me just fine.

I also have cut way back on the chicken fried steak smothered in white gravy.

SWEAT TEA?

:puke

:puke

:lol:

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)
How short are you? You would have to be really short for 165 to be a lot. I will guess...ummm.....5'3".

I'm about 5'7-5'8 I think although my metric conversion ain't all that great. It's just my family, well we're not big people at all, one of my friends is over 6 feet and I feel tiny standing next to him, yet I'm bigger than my mum and sister and almost the same size as my Dad.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 02:20 AM)
Yeah, but they breed you wily down there in Australia, right? From what I am lead to believ, you're all tougher than nails. Atleast according to Paul Hogan and The Wiggles. Don't f' with Jeff man.  :fight

Oh yeah because otherwise you'll have that Pirate Dude after ya, what's his name again, Captain Feathersaw or something?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 12:21 PM)
Oh yeah because otherwise you'll have that Pirate Dude after ya, what's his name again, Captain Feathersaw or something?

I'm just going to assume that you know that from babysitting a baby cousin, and that peopel in australia don't just sit around watchign the wiggles. :D

:aussie: :aussie: :aussie:

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)

Yeah, but that is a big-ass feather!!! I'd hate to see the size of the bird he had to wrassle to get that thing off of!!!

and it's "FeatherSWORD".

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 11:44 AM)
I'm just going to assume that you know that from babysitting a baby cousin, and that peopel in australia don't just sit around watchign the wiggles.  :D

:aussie:  :aussie:  :aussie:

True Fact: Personal hero aND Everglades champion Marjorie Stoneman Douglas said that in her last years (whe lived to be 107 or 108), her two daily pleasures were watching the Tellytubbies and drinking a dram of single malt scotch.

So, I'm not in the mood to give this its own thread...but did anyone else think Bush's collar looked quite odd during his speech last night...like he didn't have it buttoned properly and 1 side was longer than the other?

Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me...take a look:

capt.lasw11009160139.bush__lasw110.jpg

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 01:08 PM)
So, I'm not in the mood to give this its own thread...but did anyone else think Bush's collar looked quite odd during his speech last night...like he didn't have it buttoned properly and 1 side was longer than the other?

Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me...take a look:

capt.lasw11009160139.bush__lasw110.jpg

I think the one side is just propped up higher against his neck.