Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 12:09 AM)
I'd go right for the 'Must suck to be you' jab.  Hey, it can only get better from there.  :D

I was on the same line as Jim only what the hell happened to you?

Or, why noy try some Freudian Therapy on her? If she is wasting your time, you might as well waste hers.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:38 AM)
See, that was my thinking. But she somehow tracked me down, found my *new* school e-mail address, e-mails me and IMs me whenever I'm online. And she's so unhappy I don't want to be like, I don't want to be your friend any more--but she isn't really getting the ignoring hints either. . .

Sometimes being blunt is your only choice....unless you want to be best buddies again.....maybe she's one of those people who aren't happy unless they aren't happy, if you know what I mean. Pity Martyrs who spread their unhappiness around for fun.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 09:09 AM)
How sad is it that the most controversial board that we have on here, is a much happier place to be than anywhere else on here?

It is sad when sex, lies, and politics is an escape from the pain that is sports.

It's these changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes

Nothing remains quite the same

With all of our running and all of our cunning

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

Since my previous Buffett references was overlooked :D

So, I've been thinking. You know that saying you catch more flies with honey? Because who wants to catch them, really? I want to swat them down and kill them. So, why would I waste good honey on something that irritates the crap out of me. Just some food for thought on a loverly Thursday.

What intellectual puzzles have you all been pondering today?

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 12:15 PM)
So, I've been thinking. You know that saying you catch more flies with honey? Because who wants to catch them, really? I want to swat them down and kill them. So, why would I waste good honey on something that irritates the crap out of me. Just some food for thought on a loverly Thursday.

What intellectual puzzles have you all been pondering today?

If Denny's is always open, why are there locks on the doors?

So I started the White Sox club on Facebook at my school (mostly to be funny), except now there's 2 members (including me) because some kid wanted to join today. Weird.

Sadly, no one has petitioned to join my other group: Courtney and Eleni are the best grad students ever. :angry: That one also has 2 members. . .

I'm 35. When will puberty end and I will STOP getting friggin' zits???

Has anybody ever noticed how much I use the word "friggin'"? I've really been noticing it lately. If it is something that bothers you, please drop Ozzie Guillen an email at ozzie_to_the_G@ilovetimoandblowingmassiveleads.com and he will ask Areis Spears to drop me a line to "shut the f*** up...b****".

My best friend, neighbor, guy I work next to for 8 hours a day, started a company with 2 of his other friends and some guy he met at a bar. The company is taking off, leaving me hanging here at work a bit. Is it wrong that I more or less hate him for having not even bothered to ask me if I wanted in on the opportunity to get in on the company? Like I said, I've known him forever, we built houses next to each other, we work right next to each other. I already told my wife that if he gets rich off it this thing, I will be done with him forever. Is that wrong? He knows many of my struggles, and he knows how much I hate my job. I would think I atleast deserved a "hey...this is what we are doing...do you want in?". Don't you?

I ask this now because once again he is taking time off work for this new business.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 08:30 AM)
My best friend, neighbor, guy I work next to for 8 hours a day, started a company with 2 of his other friends and some guy he met at a bar. The company is taking off, leaving me hanging here at work a bit. Is it wrong that I more or less hate him for having not even bothered to ask me if I wanted in on the opportunity to get in on the company? Like I said, I've known him forever, we built houses next to each other, we work right next to each other. I already told my wife that if he gets rich off it this thing, I will be done with him forever. Is that wrong? He knows many of my struggles, and he knows how much I hate my job. I would think I atleast deserved a "hey...this is what we are doing...do you want in?". Don't you?

I ask this now because once again he is taking time off work for this new business.

Maybe he wasn't in position to invite anyone else, he was asked himself. He may have even suggested you but the other guys turned you down.

Some businessess can't support 4 guys let alone 5

Maybe he thought it was too risky and didn't want to jeopordize your friendship if it failed.

If you were a chick, inviting him to coffee and carefully expressing your feelings of being left out would be a good approach. I would suggest a more civilized, hey asshole, wtf? I ain't good enough for this new deal? Why don't you buy me a beer, a good beer, not that piss you drink, and explain it to me?

Couple hours later, I love ya man. Like a friggin' brother man.