New Whitesox Rumor

Winnin Ugly

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 10:55 AM)
It is being reported here in San Fran on KNBR that the Whitesox are very intersted acquiring Ray Durham from the Giants.

Not to sure who the Giants are asking for in return...

Interesting, he's had some injury problems the last couple of years but when healthy he still gets on base and can still run a bit, very interesting..............

It is being reported here in San Fran on KNBR that the Whitesox are very intersted acquiring Ray Durham from the Giants.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ray come back, how much $$$ does he make?

Dugout dollars has Ray-Ray at $6.78 million for 2005 and again in 2006.

I doubt the Sox will take that on.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 10:58 AM)
I wouldn't mind seeing Ray come back, how much $$$ does he make?

Wow, didn't realize this but he made 7.2 million last year. Anyways what would the sox have to give up to acquire Ray, I like the makeup of the team and unless the sox were giving up something like Willie and Adkins I wouldn't want to give up anything on the major league roster.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 11:01 AM)
Wow, didn't realize this but he made 7.2 million last year.  Anyways what would the sox have to give up to acquire Ray, I like the makeup of the team and unless the sox were giving up something like Willie and Adkins I wouldn't want to give up anything on the major league roster.

Willies not old enough to play in San Fran

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 05:07 PM)
Giants have Edgar Alfonzo to play 2nd base

ok, so what would you imagine the giants would want for ray? it seems they could be wanting to dump his large salary... if thats the case, i dont image we would have to give up much

Ray drove me nuts when he was here, but there is little doubt that he is a hell of a lot better than Willie. I'd take him on if SF picked up a decent amount of his contract. But, in order for that to happen, we'd probably have to give them players that I'd rather not give them.

Going through free agency is still probably the best way to go.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
Ray drove me nuts when he was here, but there is little doubt that he is a hell of a lot better than Willie.  I'd take him on if SF picked up a decent amount of his contract.  But, in order for that to happen, we'd probably have to give them players that I'd rather not give them.

Going through free agency is still probably the best way to go.

specially if we still have about 4 - 7 million left on payroll

QUOTE(CubKilla @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 11:26 AM)
Please no Ray "I fancy myself as a power hitter" Durham. He's MLB's equivalent to Willie Mays Hayes.

Ray hits some homeruns but the guy also always has a high obp, I wonder if someone could find the amount of runs per game that the giants averaged with ray and what they did without him, I'd be willing to bet they scored a whole bunch more with him.

Well I seem to be in the minority here and im not really sure about him at San Fran. , but i thought he was more of a "productive" type of player now; instead of the power hitter most of us saw, but I may be wrong. Anyways, I have missed Ray-Ray ever since he went to the A's, one of favorite sox players of all time, maybe because he looks like 2-Pac or something..

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 11:30 AM)
I dont think Chicago reporters are not that good breaking stories.

It was the NYPost who reported  that the Sox was about to sign Orlando Hernandez and also NYPost mention that the Whitesox  were close to signing Iguchi...

KNBR mention  it first that the Sox were going to sign AJ

WU, did they say anything else besides that the sox were interested in ray??

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 11:30 AM)
I dont think Chicago reporters are not that good breaking stories.

It was the NYPost who reported  that the Sox was about to sign Orlando Hernandez and also NYPost mention that the Whitesox  were close to signing Iguchi...

KNBR mention  it first that the Sox were going to sign AJ

Wait, if you live in San Fran how do you know that KNBR broke the AJ signing before say George Offman.

Kalapse on Monday KNBR reported that the Whitesox were the huge favorites to sign AJ by the end of the week..

Rowand- The radio station was talking about Giants rumors and they said Brian Sabean was talking to the Sox about Ray Durham but didnt mention any names that will come back to the Giants...