20 Spring Training Games on Comcast

winninguglyin83

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
This is somewhat off-topic, but on the XM deal, does anyone know if each team will have it's own station or will they only broadcast the home team feed for each game?

I am hoping they just make a station for each team, but wasn't sure if that is how it's going to be.

I believe it was that every team would have it's own station, I'd have to go back and check though...

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
I was reading the press release over on whitesox.com about this, and not once did they mention who would be doing the games. You think it would mention Hawk, since I'm sure he'll be doing some if not all of the games... :ph34r:

Maybe we'll get Jiggets.

Aboz, this is what the release says:

Washington D.C., October 20, 2004 -- Major League Baseball and XM Satellite Radio [Nasdaq: XMSR] today announced an 11-year, $650 million agreement enabling XM to broadcast games of every Major League Baseball (MLB) team nationwide beginning with the 2005 regular season. XM, with more than 2.5 million subscribers nationwide, will be the official satellite radio network of MLB.

"This is the crown jewel - the deal that we've been waiting for," said Hugh Panero, CEO of XM Satellite Radio. "Major League Baseball is America's national pastime and a natural fit with XM, the national leader in satellite radio. MLB has the broadest appeal of any major sport. People of all ages are baseball fans, from children to grandparents. Baseball is also a sport ideally suited for radio, given its natural pace and the ability to vividly describe each play."

"This agreement between Major League Baseball and XM Satellite Radio is a significant step forward in providing baseball fans greater access to more games in more locations," said Baseball Commissioner Allan H. (Bud) Selig. "This is a wonderful opportunity for Major League Baseball given XM's ever-increasing national availability. Our fans will be able to listen to the local broadcasts of their favorite teams from anywhere in the country. This partnership will add to the continuing growth and popularity of our game. It is a further example of the renaissance that exists in baseball today."

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)
I just saw that.  I wouldn't be too concerned with that.  It seems it's almost a given that Hawk and DJ will be doing Sox games.  Wouldn't it be weird if Chimp and Stone started doing Sox games, since they left the north side? :bang

I just found that to be odd, I'd guess DJ will be back, not a big deal.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
Aboz, this is what the release says:

Thanks, that's what I figured.

Hell I knew all the Yankee broadcasts would have the local feed just like they do for EVERY game on the MLB Extra Innings package.

Now if they could just switch that package to where you could get all the Sox broadcasts, I'd be totally set. I'm tired of listening to DICK and Blyleven on the Twins broadcasts. Now with XM I won't have to.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 11:14 PM)
I have heard a lot about the satellite radio. What is he name of the one that broadcasts MLB and can you pick the Sox or is like a game or so a day only?

XM Radio will broadcast every MLB game this year.

The subscription is 9.99 per month and many units are available at local electronic retailers which allow you to pick up the feed.

http://www.xmradio.com/mlb/index.jsp

2005 Chicago White Sox Spring Training Comcast SportsNet Schedule

Mon, March 7    vs. San Francisco  2 p.m. Tucson, AZ

Wed, March 9    at San Diego    2 p.m. Peoria, AZ

Thu, March 10 at Texas        2 p.m.*  Surprise, AZ   

Sun, March 13 vs. Colorado    2 p.m.*  Tucson, AZ

Tue, March 15 vs. Angels      2 p.m. Tucson, AZ

Wed, March 16 at Kansas City  2 p.m. Surprise, AZ

Sat, March 19 vs. Kansas City    2 p.m.*  Tucson, AZ 

Sun, March 20 at Angels          2 p.m.*  Tempe, AZ

Mon, March 21 vs. Arizona        2 p.m. Tucson, AZ

Tue, March 22 vs. Seattle        2 p.m.*  Tucson, AZ

Wed, March 23 at Milwaukee    2 p.m. Maryvale, AZ

Thu, March 24 at San Francisco 2 p.m.*  Scottsdale, AZ

Fri, March 25 vs. Milwaukee      2 p.m.*  Tucson, AZ

Sat, March 26 vs. Texas          2 p.m.*  Tucson, AZ

Mon, March 28 vs. Oakland        2 p.m. Tucson, AZ

Tue, March 29 at Colorado        2 p.m.*  Tucson, AZ

Wed, March 30 vs. Arizona        2 p.m. Tucson, AZ

Thu, March 31 vs. Colorado    1 p.m. Tucson, AZ

Fri, April 1    at Milwaukee    7 p.m. Milwaukee, WI

Sat, April 2    at Milwaukee    1 p.m.*  Milwaukee, WI 

* -- Game replayed at 7 p.m.

All times Central time; Schedule subject to change

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 04:10 PM)
already a big upgrade from Fox Sports.

Just heard on Comcast, 20 spring training games will be telecast, starting on March 7.

i'm sure all the games against the Cubs will be on.

be a good way to get to see Brian Anderson, Brandon McCarthy and Ryan Sweeney because the young guys always finish out spring training games.

Plus for anyone with XM all the spring training games will be televised as well as the radio games. Trust me, I got my XM in about a week and a half ago and I'm giddy to use it for the Sox games. I've already caught my Hawkeye basketball games on it and it works great.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
If you have the MLB extra innings package, you should be able to.

If you just have the sports pack, you can get comcast, but games are blacked out.

Dunno if they will block out spring training games though.

Usually Xtra Innings doesn't work in regards to spring training games. It would be so freaking badass if MLB started there package earlier and televised spring training games. Hekc, it could be something in there future if more teams go to what the Sox do, which is televising 20 plus games.

But as of now Hi8, you'll be like me, stuck waiting till the regular season to see them on TV, minus the couple games on WGN and of course the few days spent in Arizona :)

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 13, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
This is somewhat off-topic, but on the XM deal, does anyone know if each team will have it's own station or will they only broadcast the home team feed for each game?

I am hoping they just make a station for each team, but wasn't sure if that is how it's going to be.

My guess is that they will do it kind of like they do with the Big Ten Sports channel, etc, where the home team gets the broadcast, but it would be really badass if every team had its own feed.

I'm looking forward to it. Got the delphi thing and picked up the home kit which you can plug into a stereo.

The XM Radio deal is just going to be the home team broadcasts, not a feed from each team like with Sirius and the NFL. I'm not sure about this next part, but I go to a XM message board often, and they don't think every single game will be broadcasted because they think it would say that outright in the press release. That 24/7 MLB channel sounds cool

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 15, 2005 -> 12:00 PM)
Well the quality is poor on Comcast SportsNet. I much rather have the games on FSN. There's always some audio/video problem going on during every game.

Who is your provider, do you have Comcast? I don't have HD, but the games look beautiful in all digital DirecTV, (there have been about one second blackouts in some of the HD telecasts) better than the ESPN feed. I was watching it at a friend's house, and it looked average and he had Comcast cable. I am definately much happer with CSN than I was with FSN